Program Replacing C and A Savings Certificates

Nope! I just did dummy bookings for my upcoming cruises with & without my C&A number to see if there were discounts. Let's face it, I'm not even sure if anyone in the UK has had an email from RCI notifying them of this new initiative....everything I know, I have learned from here. I have emailed RCI to ask them if they have any plans to let us know what's happening, or will we continue to be like mushrooms?.....kept in the dark and fed cr*p?? :rolleyes:

I'm not even sure if anyone in the UK has had an email from RCI notifying them of any new initiative.

Did you receive notification of the changes to the Next Cruise program?

When I contacted C&A about the lack of notification they blamed it on my email... I still get emails about cruise offers though on a weekly basis :mad:

Anyone in the UK been able to access the site to see where these savings applicable cruises are listed? If so please share how I can find them because I'm darned if I can!! :confused:

And I still can't. maybe C&A members in the UK no longer get special discounts??

Edited by icsys

I'm not even sure if anyone in the UK has had an email from RCI notifying them of any new initiative.

Did you receive notification of the changes to the Next Cruise program?

When I contacted C&A about the lack of notification they blamed it on my email... I still get emails about cruise offers though on a weekly basis :mad:

And I still can't. maybe C&A members in the UK no longer get special discounts??

Nothing here yet. Perhaps the email takes longer from Guatemala.

As the site in the UK STILL has not been updated, I asked a friend in the US to do a dummy booking on my next cruise. It came up with a $200 discount....how do I know whether this is my Diamond balcony discount or whether it is one of the new 'Exclusive rates'?

As the site in the UK STILL has not been updated, I asked a friend in the US to do a dummy booking on my next cruise. It came up with a $200 discount....how do I know whether this is my Diamond balcony discount or whether it is one of the new 'Exclusive rates'?

Hi when I put my number in for a particular cruise on the UK website I get the discount come up? It says CandA loyalty next to it. Sadly I am not allowed it because I have already booked the cruise!! Just one more thing we Brits cant have! I am going to argue this with C and A tomorrow though as it cant be anything to do with EU regulations and compensation. Don't suppose I will get anywhere!

Diamond balcony discounts are not $200 for any sailing. $125, $225 or $325 depending on the length of the sailing.

I agree- you can't even go by what price shows up until you follow thru the whole process- and different categories have different savings. I checked a G OV and then an H OV cabin and the savings are different. Too much work!!!

I think the new way makes it much harder to find what sailings have discounts. It works if you are tracking a particular cruise but if you are searching for a "good deal" it would take hours to find one if you aren't fussy about either date or shop - for example in the Caribbean.

I think the new way makes it much harder to find what sailings have discounts. It works if you are tracking a particular cruise but if you are searching for a "good deal" it would take hours to find one if you aren't fussy about either date or shop - for example in the Caribbean.

That's for sure!!!!

Agreed. I guess that's the plan.

I usually search for a 2-3 month period and sort to find the best deals. This new way I pretty much have to go through the booking process for every possible cruise.

I just checked and the UK site finally HAS been updated, for me at least.

There is now a link: • NEW! Crown & Anchor Exclusive Rates.

HOWEVER... I did a few mock bookings for our Allure sailing in November. I cannot understand the discounts though, as they are different depending how you use your C&A number??

Price when using link via C&A page

C1 balcony = £1894 price breakdown shows 'discount' of £76 ($127 USD) applied.

However if I do the same bookings NOT via C&A pageI get different results:

price via main website homepage

Price without entering C&A number:

C1 balcony = £1942

(Note the difference to the price via C&A page... just £48 more??)

C&A number entered:

C1 balcony = £1790 CandA Loyalty Platinum/bal/suite discount £152

What is the other £82 discount?? an exclusive rate?? and why more discount if I don't go through C&A first??

Platinum balcony discount for 6-9 nights are meant to be £70 GBP or $100 USD

Edited by icsys

I just checked and the UK site finally HAS been updated, for me at least.

There is now a link: • NEW! Crown & Anchor Exclusive Rates.

HOWEVER... I did a few mock bookings for our Allure sailing in November. I cannot understand the discounts though, as they are different depending how you use your C&A number??

Price when using link via C&A page

C1 balcony = £1894 price breakdown shows 'discount' of £76 ($127 USD) applied.

However if I do the same bookings NOT via C&A pageI get different results:

price via main website homepage

Price without entering C&A number:

C1 balcony = £1942

(Note the difference to the price via C&A page... just £48 more??)

C&A number entered:

C1 balcony = £1790 CandA Loyalty Platinum/bal/suite discount £152

What is the other £82 discount?? an exclusive rate?? and why more discount if I don't go through C&A first??

Platinum balcony discount for 6-9 nights are meant to be £70 GBP or $100 USD

Thanks for the heads up.....

So I went to have a look..... clear as mud eh?

What's the enter offer code button all about?

I don't book directly through RC, but through third party travel agencies due to extra perks they provide. How will it work now with new C&A savings program?

The C&A savings program is still valid with travel agency bookings.

Not happy at all with this whole debacle. All we wanted to do was upgrade from an E2 to a D3. Forget it. Did the mock boking and got one price no discounts. Logged in and got 3 different prices. First was what was listed as the D3 price, next was D3 when you pulled up the show options. The most expensive was if we booked the D3 with D+ discount. Pricing went from $800 to over a thousand. Guess what, we ain't giving RCCL more cash. It is insane when they charge you more for wanting to upgrade than anyone else Off my soapbox and still don't get it

I hate that there's not one discounted sailing on the 3/4 night Bahamas when they had C&A coupons all the time.

Same thing on the new Next Cruise/Specific Cruise OBC. Nothing for the short cruises.

The whole (NEW) system is flawed.

LOL! I had to see this with my own eyes so...

Adventure 23May X Gty cabin.

Myself who is Diamond and my mother who has not cruised RCI before so no status.

1. not logged in and no D#

£820.50pp + 28.50pp fees = £849pp x 2 = £1628.

2. not logged in but I did put in D#

£750.50pp + 28.50pp fees = £779pp x 2 = £1558. No balcony discount shown/given

3. Logged in and D# entered

£792 + 57 fees - 140 discount = £709 for me

£792 + 57 fees = £849 for mother

making £1558 in total.

So why when I am logged in are the fees suddenly double what they are in [1] and [2].

How can the price in [2] be the same as [3] when [3] allegedly shows the loyalty discount?

:eek::rolleyes::confused::eek::rolleyes::confused:

ps: all prices are lower than we have paid....shall I see how Guatemala deals with the price drop policy eh?!

Edited by little britain