Program Replacing C and A Savings Certificates

Just checked my March 2015 sailing on Oasis and no difference. Initially when I hit the see cruises button nothing came up - I had to enter search parameters before any cruises appeared. Maybe I entered something incorrectly??

Is that on the website, or a booking invoice?

I have one line that says "Discount". For Guest 1, it is the sum of the balcony discount and senior discount. For Guest 2, it is just the senior discount.

Booking Invoice

I really don';t like that there's seemingly no way to see which cruises are included. I had to go through the booking steps before discovering a discount. Would be handy if we didn't have to go through the entire process for every sailing to check. Unless I'm doing something wrong?

I really don';t like that there's seemingly no way to see which cruises are included. I had to go through the booking steps before discovering a discount. Would be handy if we didn't have to go through the entire process for every sailing to check. Unless I'm doing something wrong?

You have to log in under Crown & Anchor then go to special offers. Then go to New! Crown & Anchor Society Exclusive RAtes. There you should see the sailings. If it says 0 at first, click a cabin type.

Also I'd like to know if the savings are the same for all C & A levels. Previously, the higher your level, the higher the discount. Maybe we should do a test. Have different people with different C&A levels do a mock booking on the same cruise and see what happens.

You have to log in under Crown & Anchor then go to special offers. Then go to New! Crown & Anchor Society Exclusive RAtes. There you should see the sailings. If it says 0 at first, click a cabin type.

Also I'd like to know if the savings are the same for all C & A levels. Previously, the higher your level, the higher the discount. Maybe we should do a test. Have different people with different C&A levels do a mock booking on the same cruise and see what happens.

When I do that 409 sailings come up. I have done several mock bookings both logged in and not logged in and there are no savings on some of them.

That list is not accurate. I think the ones with the savings may have that little yellow triangle thing in the upper right (I think) corner

Edited by molly361

Was able to manually search and save $106pp for a D4 balcony on the Oasis for May 10th, 2014. (Was originally $809pp, got it down to $703pp).

This was for Diamond level C&A, so you folks that are higher up will probably see even bigger savings I'm assuming?

Did you enter any other additional promotional qualifiers such as state or Senior? I did a mock booking on this same sailing as a test and didn't get anywhere near this rate. With no other qualifiers all I got was the $225 D+ discount which brought guest 1 down to $1172.81. Guest 1 is $1397.81.

When I do that 409 sailings come up. I have done several mock bookings both logged in and not logged in and there are no savings on some of them.

That list is not accurate. I think the ones with the savings may have that little yellow triangle thing in the upper right (I think) corner

I think you may be right about that. But all sailings do not show up there, which makes you think that all sailings listed offer a discount. My Sept. 15, 2014 Vision sailing doesn't show up at all.

Edited by yj2cute

Ok We are D+ and I checked the Vision 1/10/15 7 days - Outside Cat H

Got base rate of $529 each less a $71( Total of $142 ) discount each for a net rate before taxes of $458 each.

Edited by molly361

Ok We are D+ and I checked the Vision 1/10/15 7 days - Outside Cat H

Got base rate of $529 each less a $71Total of $142 ) discount each for a net rate before taxes of $458 each.

How do we know the discount is a C&A discount and not the current April savings promo? Did you put in your state?

Edit: OK, I just checked Cruisingpower, and the $71 is a CAS Rate. I am D+ as well, so can't check if it would be different for me. Maybe someone Gold, Platinum or Emerald could try it as well.

Edited by yj2cute

How do we know the discount is a C&A discount and not the current April savings promo? Did you put in your state?

No I did not. I thought the April promotion was only for 2014 sailings? Or is not that true?

Edit Just re-checked. That is only for cruises thru 12/31 and the cruise I checked is 1/10/15

Edited by molly361

I am Platinum, I logged in and selected the 1/10/15 sailing for Vision, Outside cat H and the rate is $402 excluding taxes. $529 less $127 discount. Discounts selected were over 55, law enforcement and state of Missouri.

For the sake of the test, can you do it without all qualifers? No senior, law enforcement or state, since that's the way we did it.

I am Emerald and did January 10, 2015 on Vision in Category H with no exclusive rates selected (residency etc) and got $529 base fare each, $113.90 taxes/fees each and a discount of $71 each, for a total of $1,143.80. ($571.90 each).

The discount I got for searching an Inside room was $57.

Edited by CategoryQ

I am Platinum, I logged in and selected the 1/10/15 sailing for Vision, Outside cat H and the rate is $402 excluding taxes. $529 less $127 discount. Discounts selected were over 55, law enforcement and state of Missouri.

I just did it and put in your parameters and got the same result.

So the C and A discount is NOT based on your C and A level but is the same for all levels. I thought that would be the way it was going to work.

Edited by molly361

Just fiddled around and the difference is the law enforcement discount by taking all discounts off and then applying only the over 55 discount the H cat rate discount is $71 so the $71 is the CAS booking discount. For some reason the G2 discount is hopping between $71 and $127.

The good news for me is that the CAS discount for our B2B in Jan/Feb 2016 was $108 pp per week and our Platinum discount is $100 ($50 pp) so this just saved me $116 per week. WooHoo! We'll be Emerald by then but this is still better than the $125 per week. Not too bad for that far out. Thank you for the heads up to check! Much appreciated!

OK, just saw something interesting. I went into Cruisingpower to reprice my Vision cruise. I am sailing with a friend who is Platinum, I am D+. When the reservation repriced with the CAS Rates, it gave me a $75 discount and my friend $65.

I just revised my 2015 booking using the C & A phone number. Savings with the C & A discount were $978 for the two of us. This C & A discount was in lieu of the balcony discount that was a little over $300 per stateroom for our 15 day cruise. I could not use both discounts and the new C & A was a considerable savings. I like this new program!

I just called for my 2016 bookings and was told it is the CAS or balcony discount, whichever is greater.

I am surprised that there are savings already for 2016:eek: Good for you. No savings on anything we have booked

Edited by molly361

I am surprised that there are savings already for 2016:eek: Good for you. No savings on anything we have booked

Both San Juan ships - Adventure and Jewel - for January and February 2016 have savings certificates. Not sure if it is all cabin categories but it appeared to be all dates.