Program Replacing C and A Savings Certificates

Do we know if everybody gets the same discount or is it based on your tier level like the balc discounts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did a test ( or whatever you want to call it ) yesterday and it is posted somewhere on here. All levels are getting the same discount

Edited by molly361

We did a test ( or whatever you want to call it ) yesterday and it is posted somewhere on here. All levels are getting the same discount

If I remember correctly emerald, diamond, d+ and pinnacle got the same amount on the savings certificate. Platinum was $25 less and gold was $50 less. Correct me

If I'm wrong, I think I've only used a certificate once or twice in my royal Caribbean life.

If I remember correctly emerald, diamond, d+ and pinnacle got the same amount on the savings certificate. Platinum was $25 less and gold was $50 less. Correct me

If I'm wrong, I think I've only used a certificate once or twice in my royal Caribbean life.

I thought there used to be only two levels of discounts before.

Molly, I got the same 0 cruises as you did but thenI saw that I had to enter a destination, date and ship and it came up with some cruises. I didn't notice any price change for our cruise though.

When I log in I get this and there is a button below that says "SEE CRUISES" When I click on that it says 0 Cruises- Guess they are still working on it

NEW CROWN AND ANCHOR SOCIETY EXCLUSIVE RATES

Being a Crown & Anchor Society member just keeps getting better! Our Crown & Anchor Society Exclusive Rates offer you great rates on over 100 cruises to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Europe and more!

More savings.

Discounts applied instantly.

New sailings added regularly.

Well I think I get it now. I noticed on my November sailing that the balcony discount ($225 balcony, more than 6 months away) was applied to my superior balcony cabin and then when I looked at the owners suite rate, the exclusive c & a rates were applied instead. I called because I wasn't sure if the system wasn't recognizing the crown and anchor discounted rates. I was told that the system is supposed to choose the best discount for you; either a balcony discount or their exclusive crown and anchor rate.

You guys probably said that a hundred times, but it took a live voice for me to get it :D

No discounts for me as the cruise fare has gone up $400 for two people. But I'll keep looking

Edited by slyster

Woohoo!

I just saved a total of $969 on my Canada & New England Cruise for this October.

It was great because it let me combine the $400 savings from the new CAS prices with Kids Sail Free so I saved another $569 on the cost of my son tagging along.

I REALLY like this new program :)

Unfortunately, none of my other 3 cruises have an offer right now.

What is CAS?

Edit: Maybe Crown And Anchor Savings?

Edited by Ocean Boy

Well I think I get it now. I noticed on my November sailing that the balcony discount ($225 balcony, more than 6 months away) was applied to my superior balcony cabin and then when I looked at the owners suite rate, the exclusive c & a rates were applied instead. I called because I wasn't sure if the system wasn't recognizing the crown and anchor discounted rates. I was told that the system is supposed to choose the best discount for you; either a balcony discount or their exclusive crown and anchor rate.

You guys probably said that a hundred times, but it took a live voice for me to get it :D

No discounts for me as the cruise fare has gone up $400 for two people. But I'll keep looking

I wonder if they'll apply the discount, even if cruise fare has gone up. Does anybody know?

I wonder if they'll apply the discount, even if cruise fare has gone up. Does anybody know?

In the past, they have always applied the C&A discount coupons upon request, whenever one became available for an existing cruise booking.

Edited by clarea

I read the fine print on the C & A site and it said for new bookings only. I had my TA check my sailings to see if there was a price drop or savings. . . .nothing!:(

It may say new bookings only but I had the discount applied to an existing reservation yesterday, but I'm wondering if they can do it even if the cruise fare has gone up.

Yes they did. Curious as to what the rule is now.

I've just called to get a discount applied for our Vision cruise in November (£58 per person). I've been told it is for new bookings only & discounts will not be applied retrospectively. Can someone here clarify this for me, I didn't want to argue the point too vigorously until I know there is a point to argue. On the plus side, the call was answered within seconds.

Edited by Brit-Cruiser

I've just called to get a discount applied for our Vision cruise in November (£58 per person). I've been told it is for new bookings only & discounts will not be applied retrospectively. Can someone here clarify this for me, I didn't want to argue the point too vigorously until I know there is a point to argue. On the plus side, the call was answered within seconds.

People have been reporting being able to apply the discounts to existing bookings. However, the rules may be different in the UK. Plus, since the website does not enumerate exactly what discounts are available on a cruise, it's hard to tell if a discount is a C&A coupon type discount, or some other that might be restricted.

The discount applied on my booking was different for me (D+) than for my friend (Platinum). I received $75, while she received $65 in the same booking. So maybe Bob is right and it's 2 levels of discounts.

The discount applied on my booking was different for me (D+) than for my friend (Platinum). I received $75, while she received $65 in the same booking. So maybe Bob is right and it's 2 levels of discounts.

Yes

It appears some of y'all are confusing the CAS (Crown & Anchor Society) "Savings Certificates" with the CAS Member (Platinum & above levels) Balcony Discounts.

I will try to explain as I understand it all... Hope I am correct....

You can not apply both to a sailing. It's one or the other.

The CAS Savings Certificates offer the same discount amount for ALL CAS Members. But vary in amount by length of cruise.

The CAS Member (Platinum & above) Balcony discounts do vary based on level of membership.

What I did find yesterday when I called to have my CAS Savings Certificate (which really doesn't exisit anymore as we once knew it) is of a higher value. My discount was $174 (or $87 per person) on a 7 night sailing. Before the change it would have only been $125 per cabin.

Hope that helps.... Hope I am right & don't further confuse things... :-)