Program Replacing C and A Savings Certificates

Has anyone gotten a C and A savings on a cruise less than 6 nights??

I don't see any listed under 6 nights.

It looks like that 409 cruise number may be all cruises 6 days or more.

Yes we booked Vision 4 nights Sept 25th 2014 with Military and CAS.

Also it is interesting you will not see the full savings because the CAS is a percent% if the rate is what I was told.

If you do a mock booking now it shows Military discount of 75pp and promo code off of guest 1 only of 25.00.

When they applied the CAS it was now 23pp along with the 75pp military rate. Cheap cruise at 126pp

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind

Anyone in the UK been able to access the site to see where these savings applicable cruises are listed? If so please share how I can find them because I'm darned if I can!! :confused:

Nope! I just did dummy bookings for my upcoming cruises with & without my C&A number to see if there were discounts. Let's face it, I'm not even sure if anyone in the UK has had an email from RCI notifying them of this new initiative....everything I know, I have learned from here. I have emailed RCI to ask them if they have any plans to let us know what's happening, or will we continue to be like mushrooms?.....kept in the dark and fed cr*p?? :rolleyes:

I haven't checked, but that would be consistent with the change in on board booking OBC, where the short cruises get nothing now.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I am now kind of at a loss as to what discount is what.:rolleyes:

Now I have started checking everything when logged, the when logged out. Check resident, senior, military

UNCHECK resident, senior and military!!

Edited by molly361

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I am now kind of at a loss as to what discount is what.:rolleyes:

Now I have started checking everything when logged, the when logged out. Check resident, senior, military

UNCHECK resident, senior and military!!

And, since you have to be logged in to see discounts, they can keep a database on all the cruises each of us is looking at.

And, since you have to be logged in to see discounts, they can keep a database on all the cruises each of us is looking at.

I have already gotten emails in the past saying that my courtesy hold has expired when I had NO holds pending

I have already gotten emails in the past saying that my courtesy hold has expired when I had NO holds pending

Yeah, that's the good part. Even though it's theoretically possible for them to keep track of every cruise we're checking, we have to remember who's IT department we're dealing with. In reality, the data will be all jumbled up.

Prices definitely keep fluctuating! I booked the Jewel with kids sail free promo last month with my diamond member discount of $200 off balcony. I got a much better deal with that offer! I've been checking the fares for price drops...yesterday the total price of my same cabin was $212 higher than what I paid and today it's over $300 higher! Feels like rates keep changing by the day. I know with the new program the discounts may vary by sailing (based on what the RCCL rep told me), the previous tiered program was a much better deal for those with higher statuses. This,for me, was a nice perk. So today for my particular sailing a Gold thru Platinum member would receive the same discount off of my same cabin. Oh well...by the time I cruise my way up to D+ (quite a few cruise credits away from that level..lol) maybe the perks will be better.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Forums mobile app

I haven't checked, but that would be consistent with the change in on board booking OBC, where the short cruises get nothing now.

Well as of yesterday I could not find any cruises less than 6 days listed.

Playing around a few minutes ago and our 5 night EX cruise in January now has a military discount ($51 each ) AND a CAS savings of $43 each. Those were NOT there yesterday.

Well as of yesterday I could not find any cruises less than 6 days listed.

Playing around a few minutes ago and our 5 night EX cruise in January now has a military discount ($51 each ) AND a CAS savings of $43 each. Those were NOT there yesterday.

Molly if you read up ^ you will see I did fine one.

Any system that requires me to re-input all of my personal information every time I book a cruise is not likely to be able to comprehend those data even if they did collect them. I doubt the RCL IT group could track a white line on a two lane road, let alone something as obscure as a customer:rolleyes:

Has anyone gotten a C and A savings on a cruise less than 6 nights??

I don't see any listed under 6 nights.

It looks like that 409 cruise number may be all cruises 6 days or more.

Yes, as I posted previously, I got CAS savings on my 5 night Vision cruise, which was not listed in those 409 sailings.

I booked my next one on Tuesday, the day the new program "started." I did a mock booking before and saw a discount for balcony I am assuming of $225 applied. But since I was booking on a future cruise voucher that I secured on the last cruise, I HAD to book thru the same travel agent that I booked the cruise on when I got the voucher. So I am not getting the balcony discount but the bottom line price is still the same. TA port charges were higher but the cruise price itself was cheaper.

Should I be able to have RCCL apply the discount anyway?? Never have used a savings cert or discount because always found it cheaper to book thru a TA than direct thru RCCL.

I booked my next one on Tuesday, the day the new program "started." I did a mock booking before and saw a discount for balcony I am assuming of $225 applied. But since I was booking on a future cruise voucher that I secured on the last cruise, I HAD to book thru the same travel agent that I booked the cruise on when I got the voucher. So I am not getting the balcony discount but the bottom line price is still the same. TA port charges were higher but the cruise price itself was cheaper.

Should I be able to have RCCL apply the discount anyway?? Never have used a savings cert or discount because always found it cheaper to book thru a TA than direct thru RCCL.

The discounts you are entitled to receive you will get whether you book through the cruise line or a T/A. I have never had a problem redeeming a savings certificate with a T/A. It sounds like your T/A was not giving you the discounts you were entitled to, if I am understanding correctly.

Also, with a FCC, you can tell them that you want them sent directly to you. I did that and booked with a different agent the second time for better benefits, no issue using the FCC.

Sorry, I know that may not directly answer your question, but you should be aware of these things. T/A's don't always know your tier level or if a savings certificate exist, but if you inform them they absolutely should be able to redeem it for you and you not have to give up any benefits already given to you.

The discounts you are entitled to receive you will get whether you book through the cruise line or a T/A. I have never had a problem redeeming a savings certificate with a T/A. It sounds like your T/A was not giving you the discounts you were entitled to, if I am understanding correctly.

Also, with a FCC, you can tell them that you want them sent directly to you. I did that and booked with a different agent the second time for better benefits, no issue using the FCC.

Sorry, I know that may not directly answer your question, but you should be aware of these things. T/A's don't always know your tier level or if a savings certificate exist, but if you inform them they absolutely should be able to redeem it for you and you not have to give up any benefits already given to you.

Thank you VERY much! That was very helpful

New C&A system worked for us. Last week we booked a balcony on Oasis for this July. Went checked C&A on line today …did a mock booking found we could each get a $100 reduction or upgrade to a JS for additional $50 . Sent TA an email 45 min later had my JS confirmed. :)

The JS was significantly more last week. New system was good to us this time who knows if it will be any good the next time. Our TA sent us the details from RCCL we each got the old farts 55+ ($609) and C&A ($190) discounts. We are Emerald C&A.

I'm unpleased so far. Rates listed on the first screen, rates for specific category filter on the first screen, rates for a sailing by date range, rates by category for a sailing, rates with port fees, rates without port fees.... I'm getting frustrated with how rates don't match or don't mean what you think they mean. It may say $674 balcony rate on the first screen, but not as you step through choosing date, cabin and final summary.

In my limited experience, it will be a lot of work to find out the final prices for various scenarios, to determine whether my C&A discount is worth squat in the bottom line.

Life's too short for me to play this new game.:( Since we always book the cheapest cabin, it will not amount to that much for us anyway. For those of you who book the higher cabins, I can see where this hassle might be worth it. What a shame! Hope RCI realizes this new program is a dud.

Happy sails.

Kathy

I'm unpleased so far. Rates listed on the first screen, rates for specific category filter on the first screen, rates for a sailing by date range, rates by category for a sailing, rates with port fees, rates without port fees.... I'm getting frustrated with how rates don't match or don't mean what you think they mean. It may say $674 balcony rate on the first screen, but not as you step through choosing date, cabin and final summary.

In my limited experience, it will be a lot of work to find out the final prices for various scenarios, to determine whether my C&A discount is worth squat in the bottom line.

I agree- you can't even go by what price shows up until you follow thru the whole process- and different categories have different savings. I checked a G OV and then an H OV cabin and the savings are different. Too much work!!!

The new program has been defined in the section under Special Offers. Key feature is that sailings can be added on a regular basis and auto posting for the C & A member and level.

Our Crown & Anchor Society Exclusive Rates offer you great rates on over 100 cruises to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Europe and more!

More savings.

Discounts applied instantly.

New sailings added regularly.

The UK/Guatemala site is blank when you click on the Special Offers section.

I was not even aware of this change as I have not received any emails about it...quelle surprise....

Anyone in the UK been able to access the site to see where these savings applicable cruises are listed? If so please share how I can find them because I'm darned if I can!!

......ditto I have 3 cruises booked and would love to see if any of them are in the magic list..... Edited by little britain

Is there a valid reason the whole process needs to be so convoluted and unclear? Why can't it just label the discount available based on your tier level in an easy to see and understand format. Does RCI use any regression testers when rolling stuff like this out? This is needless complexity.

Is there a valid reason the whole process needs to be so convoluted and unclear? Why can't it just label the discount available based on your tier level in an easy to see and understand format. Does RCI use any regression testers when rolling stuff like this out? This is needless complexity.

I believe one of the goals is to obfuscate. That way when you call for a price drop, they can say anything, and there's no way to confirm.

I believe one of the goals is to obfuscate. That way when you call for a price drop, they can say anything, and there's no way to confirm.

That would not surprise me at all. The discount gets lost in the mix and the explanation is so circular that you give up.

eschew-obfuscation.jpg

Ok We are D+ and I checked the Vision 1/10/15 7 days - Outside Cat H

Got base rate of $529 each less a $71( Total of $142 ) discount each for a net rate before taxes of $458 each.

Just FYI......

I am D.

On the UK site the cost for Vision 1/10/15 7 days - Outside Cat H

is £437.08pp :eek::eek::eek:

No discount showing

That is US$733.73pp.............no wonder so many book through the US.