Program Replacing C and A Savings Certificates

It appears some of y'all are confusing the CAS (Crown & Anchor Society) "Savings Certificates" with the CAS Member (Platinum & above levels) Balcony Discounts.

I will try to explain as I understand it all... Hope I am correct....

You can not apply both to a sailing. It's one or the other.

The CAS Savings Certificates offer the same discount amount for ALL CAS Members. But vary in amount by length of cruise.

The CAS Member (Platinum & above) Balcony discounts do vary based on level of membership.

What I did find yesterday when I called to have my CAS Savings Certificate (which really doesn't exisit anymore as we once knew it) is of a higher value. My discount was $174 (or $87 per person) on a 7 night sailing. Before the change it would have only been $125 per cabin.

Hope that helps.... Hope I am right & don't further confuse things... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Actually, that statement is correct. The former Savings Certificates did have higher discounts for higher C&A levels.

It is still listing 409 cruises for me. It sure would be nice if they can manage to have it just list the ones with the savings certificates on them:)

As was posted before, I don't think that list of r 409 cruises is completely accurate. I searched those cruises for my Sept. Vision cruise and it wasn't there. But when I simply did a new booking for that sailing, the CAS discount was there. I think it's best to check each sailing, whether it appears on that list or not.

As was posted before, I don't think that list of r 409 cruises is completely accurate. I searched those cruises for my Sept. Vision cruise and it wasn't there. But when I simply did a new booking for that sailing, the CAS discount was there. I think it's best to check each sailing, whether it appears on that list or not.

I agree- Also as I had posted it appears that the ones with the savings are the ones with the little yellow triangles. I meant that it would be nice if the list included only those sailings.

I agree- Also as I had posted it appears that the ones with the savings are the ones with the little yellow triangles. I meant that it would be nice if the list included only those sailings.

My Allure TA sailing on which I got the CAS Rate on yesterday doesn't have the wee yellow triangle.

When I log in I get this and there is a button below that says "SEE CRUISES" When I click on that it says 0 Cruises- Guess they are still working on it

NEW CROWN AND ANCHOR SOCIETY EXCLUSIVE RATES

Being a Crown & Anchor Society member just keeps getting better! Our Crown & Anchor Society Exclusive Rates offer you great rates on over 100 cruises to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Europe and more!

More savings.

Discounts applied instantly.

New sailings added regularly..

Not really an exclusive discount if a Travel Agent can apply Crown and Anchor Society Exclusive Rates for any customer, as is being reported on a well known blog that is not affiliated to RCL

There goes that theory:eek::p

Sorry :o

You didn't really think CAS would make it that simple do you :eek: :D

When I get to the 0 cruises page..I just go to tha drop down boxes in the tabs above and choose ship and month/year and up come the sailings. I don't bother with the 409 cruises palaver :eek:

Happened to me too...saw the military rate on "another" website however RCL insists that that rate includes the c and a discount....no way another site could do that for you....even had a screenshot of the other website....they didn't care..no budge...I want and believe I should get that advertised rate and my balcony discount...they say it is a c and a and not combinable....not cool!

When I booked through the new C & A savings plan for a eligible cruise, the price I received after the discounts was the same as the published rate. Where is the discount?

The pricing should be the "published rate" less the C&A discount...not marked up, to reduce with the new savings plan to match the published rate.

Anyone else experience this?

It appears some of y'all are confusing the CAS (Crown & Anchor Society) "Savings Certificates" with the CAS Member (Platinum & above levels) Balcony Discounts.

I will try to explain as I understand it all... Hope I am correct....

You can not apply both to a sailing. It's one or the other.

The CAS Savings Certificates offer the same discount amount for ALL CAS Members. But vary in amount by length of cruise.

The CAS Member (Platinum & above) Balcony discounts do vary based on level of membership.

What I did find yesterday when I called to have my CAS Savings Certificate (which really doesn't exisit anymore as we once knew it) is of a higher value. My discount was $174 (or $87 per person) on a 7 night sailing. Before the change it would have only been $125 per cabin.

Hope that helps.... Hope I am right & don't further confuse things... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Dia + balcony discount was combinable with the new C&A savings certificate plan for a NEW eligible booking. Not all sailings qualify for this new C&A savings plan.

RCI is probably reading this thread and celebrating saying what a success the new program is. None of those CC people have a clue what is going on now.

I'm in agreement with you. RCI is probably dancing with joy.

Happened to me too...saw the military rate on "another" website however RCL insists that that rate includes the c and a discount....no way another site could do that for you....even had a screenshot of the other website....they didn't care..no budge...I want and believe I should get that advertised rate and my balcony discount...they say it is a c and a and not combinable....not cool!

Try going to the RCI website. Price out your cruise without logging in and just check off "military" in where it asks for your statistics. Then log in and price your cruise without checking "military" and see what price you get for your C&A discount. Then redo this again logged in and check off "military". See if your total equals what it should with the two discounts combined.

I tried this on a booking for my parents and their C&A discount was combined with a senior discount.

I've just called to get a discount applied for our Vision cruise in November (£58 per person). I've been told it is for new bookings only & discounts will not be applied retrospectively. Can someone here clarify this for me, I didn't want to argue the point too vigorously until I know there is a point to argue. On the plus side, the call was answered within seconds.

Hi Brit cruiser - did you call back to argue the point more vigorously? How did you get in if so cos my independance booking now has a discount of 115 per person so I would like to try if possible.

I am not expecting any miracles for us Brits of course - no I can't change my guarantee room after allocation, no I can't have a price drop and no I can't upgrade to a balcony on a great offer cos that is for new bookings only!:rolleyes:

I just put a cabin on hold on the Indy for March, 2015. On my confirmation page, it said I'm getting a $322 discount because I'm a C & A member. Since I'm only gold, to me, that's pretty good. Question for me, though, is what is the fine print? Is it or is it not combinable with a Next Cruise certificate. Also...the member area under special offers shows no results when you search for a cruise, so I guess that stuff isn't loaded in yet, so I was "flying blind" when I found that discount.

Barb-Are you doing the March 14th sailing? We are on that one, hope we'll get to see you.

It is still combinable, my booking is with a Next Cruise.

Agreed

Here is what I copy pasted from logging in

Crown & Anchor Exclusive Rates are valid for new bookings only. Offer is not combinable with any promotional offers or discounts with the exception of NextCruise Onboard Booking Bonus. A valid Crown & Anchor Society membership number must be provided at time of booking; offer will be removed and current cruise fare will apply to a reservation that does not meet offer requirements. Prices are per person, cruise only, and based on double occupancy. Offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

Okay now I'm confused.

Did dummy booking for cruise for next year. New certificate offers $250 off. Will wait until I sail soon and book onboard as is combinable with ncc. Logged in to my in laws account selected the same cruise no discounts even though it is listed even if I select same cabin type. I know they are gold but still thought they would get something?:confused::confused::confused:

Has anyone gotten a C and A savings on a cruise less than 6 nights??

I don't see any listed under 6 nights.

It looks like that 409 cruise number may be all cruises 6 days or more.

I haven't checked, but that would be consistent with the change in on board booking OBC, where the short cruises get nothing now.