Program Replacing C and A Savings Certificates

I just checked my sailing again, not logging into C&A I see a $150 credit for balcony. When I logged into C&A before, I received a $200 discount on same room.

Seems as if full balcony discount is not being given..?? :confused:

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Forums mobile app

Just had DH check out our August 28th 9 night Canada cruise. He checks often for price drops. This is what he's now seeing logged in as diamond.

Inside, (which we now have), Promo Code: (50.00)

Oceanview, Promo Code: (100.00)

Balcony, Discount: (200.00)

Junior and Grand Suite, Discount: (200.00)

Royal and Owner suite, Promo Code: (400.00)

Not logged in he is seeing,

Balcony, Promo Code: (150.00)

Junior and Grand Suite, Promo Code: (200.00)

His conclusion is that it's like a certificate that can be used by members and non members when first booked and like certificates, if the balcony discount is higher, it will list discount instead of promo code.

We originally booked under a resident rate which is long gone, and the rate has more than doubled since then. Forget about any re-price using this promo code like we were able to do with certificates.

I just checked prices for our cruise next February (Independence 2/28) and prices dropped for an E2 $156 pp. I called and they answered immediately (love that) and was able to make the change for us and the 2 couples we are traveling with - he said it was a Crown and Anchor discount. :D

I just checked for our cruise and it is showing a price drop of $115 pp. We just booked at 10:15pm on Saturday night for an Oasis cruise on 5/24/14. We got a residency rate that I figured wouldn't last so we booked before it disappeared. I am going to give them a call but I am just outside of the Best Price Guarantee so I doubt I will get the new price.

I just checked my sailing again, not logging into C&A I see a $150 credit for balcony. When I logged into C&A before, I received a $200 discount on same room.

Seems as if full balcony discount is not being given..?? :confused:

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Forums mobile app

There is some kind of April promotion going on - that could be what that is. I do not think it is combinable with your balcony discount.

It is getting hard to tell which promotion and/or discount you are getting these days:rolleyes::confused:

Just had DH check out our August 28th 9 night Canada cruise. He checks often for price drops. This is what he's now seeing logged in as diamond.

Balcony, Discount: (200.00)

Junior and Grand Suite, Discount: (200.00)

Not logged in he is seeing,

Balcony, Promo Code: (150.00)

Junior and Grand Suite, Promo Code: (200.00)

His conclusion is that it's like a certificate that can be used by members and non members when first booked and like certificates, if the balcony discount is higher, it will list discount instead of promo code.

We originally booked under a resident rate which is long gone, and the rate has more than doubled since then. Forget about any re-price using this promo code like we were able to do with certificates.

I think it's hard to tell right now because the April promo is still going on, and that has discounts up to $400. I believe that promo lasted until April 20, but I can't tell right now because when I click on that link, I get a "page not available" message.

It sure was easier (at least for me) to figure out the discounts BEFORE the system upgrade last year:):(

I usually check NOT logged in and do the math in my head!!!

It's kind of scary because now there's no written list of C&A coupons. We have to depend on the website.:eek::eek::eek:

Well, I just got off the phone with a very nice rep who was able to get us the new rate because of the Best Price Guarantee. The refund we are getting is net of our balcony discount because of the way this new program works but we are getting some money back. She tried to work all the rate codes that were out there to make it work the best for us. Can't ask for anything more than that.:)

I found the price of my solo Q inside cabin on Allure TA in October 2015 had gone down around $200 so sent email to US TA ...just checked again and price gone back up. :eek:

I had checked it 3 times before I emailed my TA and it was there but now gone :(

Just checked our May 4 FOS cruise. If I'm not logged on it shows $100/pp for a JS. When I'm logged in it shows $300 for me and $100 for DW, so if this is the April deal, it looks combinable.

On our actual booking invoice, there's a new discount line that I've never seen before: "Weekend Special"

I have no idea what that one is:confused:

I found the price of my solo Q inside cabin on Allure TA in October 2015 had gone down around $200 so sent email to US TA ...just checked again and price gone back up. :eek:

I had checked it 3 times before I emailed my TA and it was there but now gone :(

Liz, make sure you are still logged in. That happen to me but I was not logged in when I checked it.

I think it's hard to tell right now because the April promo is still going on, and that has discounts up to $400. I believe that promo lasted until April 20, but I can't tell right now because when I click on that link, I get a "page not available" message.

There wasn't an actual number or word after Promo Code. How will anyone know what promotion they booked under? We'll be so confused by all the promotions with different rules and restrictions, that we won't know if we're eligible for a reduction or not:eek::eek::eek:

There wasn't an actual number or word after Promo Code. How will anyone know what promotion they booked under? We'll be so confused by all the promotions with different rules and restrictions, that we won't know if we're eligible for a reduction or not:eek::eek::eek:

The new booking invoice I just received shows the cruise fare, then the residency discount and a new line CAS rates. The line CAS balc suite that had our balcony discount is gone as we were given a CAS rate instead. Not sure how other promos will work but that is how ours are listed.

Bingo.

I'm not seeing any discounts at all from those search results, not even my balcony discount is getting applied.

Edit: Never mind. Apparently I was logged out, even though I did everyhting in a continuous fashion. What's with the short persistence?

Edit 2: Apparently I'm only seeing the balcony discounts. There are no discounts being shown on interior and outside categories on the sailings I've spot-checked.

Edited by nolesrule

you'll have to do a mock booking. There is a C&A savings on one of my cruises. Going to call Royal in a bit and see how this will get applied now.

Wish me luck.

I just checked prices for our cruise next February (Independence 2/28) and prices dropped for an E2 $156 pp. I called and they answered immediately (love that) and was able to make the change for us and the 2 couples we are traveling with - he said it was a Crown and Anchor discount. :D

Good to know. My Independence cruise for 1/17/15 also went down.

Good to know. My Independence cruise for 1/17/15 also went down.

According to a website that can't be named that sailing and the Indy on 2/28 are showing regular price decreases starting today, not a C and A certificate

I'm so confused:eek:

Edited by molly361

NO

That's the million dollar answer

If you have no idea what you are supposed to get you won't complain when you don't get the max!

The old rule if you can't make it look good confuse them!

This will add at least a million to RCCL's bottom line

Very good for them. Bad for us!

Edited by Truckersar

I just put a cabin on hold on the Indy for March, 2015. On my confirmation page, it said I'm getting a $322 discount because I'm a C & A member. Since I'm only gold, to me, that's pretty good. Question for me, though, is what is the fine print? Is it or is it not combinable with a Next Cruise certificate. Also...the member area under special offers shows no results when you search for a cruise, so I guess that stuff isn't loaded in yet, so I was "flying blind" when I found that discount.

If you click on cabin type it will bring up a bunch. It brought up 409 for me. I think they are still working on some bugs.

Thanks for this tidbit of info.....I also see 409 when I click on the cabin type!

They may be working on those bugs for a while.......I'm never surprised when the web site does not work correctly. How can a major company have such issues with their site! YIKES!

If it weren't for Cruise Critic and everyone who shares information we would never know what's happening!