Sun - all 'MB' mini-suites same layout?

kroozin'

Hi all - wondering if all catg 'MB' mini-suites on the Sun, deck 11 (1004-1015 & 1204-1215) are identical layout? Looking at the NCL site deck plans, they appear to have 2 different perimeter patterns?? :confused: Anyone know?

I've only found YouTube vids of 1206 & 1210 - and these look identical in the vid.

We had the MB attached to the OS port side, and it did not have any of the angled walls, bumpouts, whatever they look like on the deck plans - it was just straight walls on all sides. Don't know about other ones.

Robin

We stayed in an aft but that is what others have reported over the years about the Sun minis in the front and front/side of the ship.

We've stayed in the Sun minis. As far as I know they are all the same. The diagram of them is misleading. Again, just straight walls. They are very similar in layout to the ones on the Pearl and Jewel, but have a much nicer bathroom, tub, dressing area.

On the Norwegian Sun we have had minisuite #1001 (in the front) and #1211 on the side (both situated on deck 11), and from my memory (and photos) they looked exactly the same - even though they look very different on the deck plans. I actually chose 1211 specifically because of the layout on the deck plans when I booked that particular cruise, but in "real life" it didn't look any different from #1001, except the size of the balcony. Like others have staded before me - there were only straight walls everywhere, without all the angles that seems to be on the deck plans. The floorplan on ncl.com is pretty accurate in my opinion.

sun_wth_fp_minisuite.jpg

Edited by TrumpyNOR

On the Norwegian Sun we have had minisuite #1001 (in the front) and #1211 on the side (both situated on deck 11), and from my memory (and photos) they looked exactly the same - even though they look very different on the deck plans. I actually chose 1211 specifically because of the layout on the deck plans when I booked that particular cruise, but in "real life" it didn't look any different from #1001, except the size of the balcony. Like others have staded before me - there were only straight walls everywhere, without all the angles that seems to be on the deck plans. The floorplan on ncl.com is pretty accurate in my opinion.

sun_wth_fp_minisuite.jpg

After looking at my photos again, I just wanted to say that one major thing is different in real life compared to the floorplan (at least in the two minisuites we have had): In both minisuites there was a large walk-in closet that was in connection with the bathrooms - on the floorplan it looks like an ordinary closet on the opposite wall in the "hallway".

After looking at my photos again, I just wanted to say that one major thing is different in real life compared to the floorplan (at least in the two minisuites we have had): In both minisuites there was a large walk-in closet that was in connection with the bathrooms - on the floorplan it looks like an ordinary closet on the opposite wall in the "hallway".

Yes this, and also, the bathroom is the pic is not like the real one, at least in the deck 11 mini we had for our kids. The bathrooms in Sun mini suites are pretty great, with the toilet and bathtub in a separate room with a door, then the sink and the large closet next to that with yet another door leading into the main room. Very nice setup.

Robin

The aft stern facing minis on Sun have a different and IMHO much more spacious layout and a much larger balcony.

Yes, the bathroom/closet/dressing-makeup area has a bit of a different layout the front minis vs. the aft minis.

NCL SUN mini-suites Deck 11 (pool deck) all the suites are the same except for

alternating MIRROR/REVERSE imaging - forward mini-suites as noted have a

slightly bigger balcony.

Regarding the deck diagrams - someone at NCL needs to be confined in an

actual box without known perimeters - real DUMB illustration ! So YES the

walls are straight with no bumps fold outs - murphy beds that fold into the

adjacent cabin etc.

Mentioned earlier about the possible noise factor from the deck (12) above - nothing

to fret or worry about here:

The observation lounge & bar is the main venue here and is sedately quiet

except for an occasional band playing light pop classical music. No BOOM BOX

music here !

The rest of the features are the ships chapel and outdoor deck access and stairs

to the aft deck 11 areas.

So why can't all NCL ships be like this ?

I hope that when it is rumored that the ship is in Dry Dock that they DO NOT

add more suites on the 12th deck replacing the Observation Lounge !*!*!*!*!

So can anyone post a picture/video of the Aft Mini-Suites' date=' if their layout is different from these?

Thanks![/quote']

I don't think the poster said Aft mini suites were different. Just the fwd facing ones had bigger balconies.

Planma'am, check your email.

The aft minis are very different from most of the others on the Sun. You can find videos online also. Here are some pics.

26547.jpg

The rooms in the middle with the three sections to the glass.

26548.jpg

The couch faces the bed and folds out to sleep two more people.

57857.jpg

The desk area is next to the bed

57863.jpg

When you walk into the bathroom from the dressing room/vanity area, you are facing the tub. The sink is to the right (or left in a reversed plan) and the toilet room is on the other side with a glass frosted door.

57868.jpg

Large dressing area with six drawers and cabinet above and this hanging space.

10084.jpg

Edited by medicalma'am

The size of the balcony is much larger than port or starboard minis, and similar in size to the stern minis.

57865.jpg

This shows where the cabinets are in relation to the couch. (reversed plan)

10088.jpg

This shows how much room there is to walk when the couch is folded out.

26545.jpg

I think these rooms are great for up to four people. :D

Edited by medicalma'am

; it will give you a much better idea of the SUN mini-suite layout. Their minis spoiled me for all the other mini suites in the fleet!

I hope they finished painting the railing:D

All of the pictures were aft mini-suites. The railing on the forward mini-suites are solid metal. The aft railing is part solid and part see through.

This is a forward balcony railing

27797.jpg

Edited by medicalma'am