Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ Part 2

Host Kat

We are trying to find a ride from Port Everglades to FLL. As the Uber withdrawing from FLL, our choices are now limited to taxi or shared van.

We have 3 people (2 adults and 1 little one with backless booster), and I think we will have 3 luggages (29" + 20" x 2). Will the regular taxi cab fit? If not, do they have mini-van style taxi cab available? What's the rate compared to regular taxi?

I don't normally take taxi so please bare with me if the question is dumb.

We are trying to find a ride from Port Everglades to FLL. As the Uber withdrawing from FLL, our choices are now limited to taxi or shared van.

We have 3 people (2 adults and 1 little one with backless booster), and I think we will have 3 luggages (29" + 20" x 2). Will the regular taxi cab fit? If not, do they have mini-van style taxi cab available? What's the rate compared to regular taxi?

I don't normally take taxi so please bare with me if the question is dumb.

They do have mini vans and SUV type taxis

• 2 weeks later...

Need day car for late flight out of Fll. Rented with Alamo. Boards say there is funky shuttle bus to pick up at PE. How frequent is it on morning ship disembarkation ????? Do you need to confirm or reserve ride????? Direct phone number for Alamo FLL office.

We will be staying at the Homewood Suites on Griffin (near the airport) pre-cruise (mid October). Any suggestions for reasonable resturants in the area? We are not picky, but we don't want to spend a lot. We can walk or drive as we are driving down to FLL. We would prefer not to eat at a chain that we have in Atlanta, but we don't have to have seafood. Just something different than our options at home. Any suggestions?

We will be staying at the Homewood Suites on Griffin (near the airport) pre-cruise (mid October). Any suggestions for reasonable resturants in the area? We are not picky, but we don't want to spend a lot. We can walk or drive as we are driving down to FLL. We would prefer not to eat at a chain that we have in Atlanta, but we don't have to have seafood. Just something different than our options at home. Any suggestions?

Rustic Inn and The Field are fun choices very close by.

Need day car for late flight out of Fll. Rented with Alamo. Boards say there is funky shuttle bus to pick up at PE. How frequent is it on morning ship disembarkation ????? Do you need to confirm or reserve ride????? Direct phone number for Alamo FLL office.

royalcruz.......can you answer this question???

You can find Alamo location info here:

https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/locations.html

You can find Alamo location info here:

https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/locations.html

This only gives me the national 888 # and they don't know a thing about shuttle. Just trying to confirm shuttle exits as its mention on boards. We just have never seen it in travels thru PE.

Con anybody confirm shuttle exists........schedules or times for PE pick-up. Local number to Alamo

last january we rented a car with dollar, there is a shuttle bus for major rent companies, free, not reservable, we did not wait too much, maybe 15/20 minutes?

royalcruz.......can you answer this question???

This only gives me the national 888 # and they don't know a thing about shuttle. Just trying to confirm shuttle exits as its mention on boards. We just have never seen it in travels thru PE.

Con anybody confirm shuttle exists........schedules or times for PE pick-up. Local number to Alamo

Sorry, I thought they were like Avis and posted the local numbers.

Besides eating at the Hilton Marina hotel before going to the pier for embarkation day, is there close-by casual breakfast places near Hilton Marina (walking distance as we'll have no car)? Bonus question: Casual dinner recommendations also welcome for night before -- nothing fancy, but not Pizza Hut either (smiles). Thanks.

Besides eating at the Hilton Marina hotel before going to the pier for embarkation day, is there close-by casual breakfast places near Hilton Marina (walking distance as we'll have no car)? Bonus question: Casual dinner recommendations also welcome for night before -- nothing fancy, but not Pizza Hut either (smiles). Thanks.

There is an Einstein's for bagel breakfast about 4 blocks away, and Joe's Cafe and Gilbert's are about 8 blocks away.

Casual dinner: 3 blocks away...Bravo Italiano.

A few blocks away...Duffy's, Kelly's, Quarterdeck, Southport Raw Bar, Carlos & Pepe's.

Royalcruz or anybody else familiar with FL.

Have 5 PM flight. Doing express walk off and have car rented for day. Suggested sites to see , say between 9 am and 3 pm???

Downtown river walk, Ocean Blvd drive, Flea market etc???????? Open to any suggestions. Just would like to see some sites killing time.

Have 5 PM flight. Doing express walk off and have car rented for day. Suggested sites to see , say between 9 am and 3 pm???

Downtown river walk, Ocean Blvd drive, Flea market etc???????? Open to any suggestions. Just would like to see some sites killing time.

Questions for you too...

Who did you rent from? Will they shuttle you from port or will u catch a taxi? Thank you!

I would answer your questions but I have never been to the area either. Will be watching the responses you get. We have a shuttle booked to airport now but with a 6:00 flight in Fort Lauderdale that's a long wait!

I just posted this on the thread you started:

With a 5 pm flight you need to be at the airport by 3:30. You really don't need a car for my recommendation since transportation for the day is included with the sightseeing. Have a leisurely breakfast on the ship and be one of the last off. Then spend your day on the water taxi (
), a Hop On/Hop Off boat cruising the intra-coastal and the New River complete with narration by the captain as you pass the mega-mansions and mega-yachts. Get off to walk the beach, walk Las Olas (
) and Riverwalk, and have a long leisurely lunch. By the time you are done it will be time to head to the airport.

Now if you were renting a car in order to have somewhere to store your luggage (as opposed to using the cruise line's luggage valet if available) this plan becomes just slightly more expensive or complicated. The added expense will be parking at the Hilton Marina or downtown Riverside garage to catch the water taxi. If you decide not to rent a car, you can take your luggage to the airport and store it at Bags to Go (
) in each terminal. If you are disembarking on a Saturday or Sunday the Sun Trolley (
) has a free link to/from the airport to/from downtown. There you can catch other routes for $1/ride or $3/day pass.

For more info on things to do in Fort Lauderdale, check out

Hi. We are 11 family members staying at Embassy Suites on 17th Street on December 27.

Is there a place within walking distance to purchase champagne to bring onto the ship?

Is there a casual fun restaurant within walking distance to have dinner to get us in the cruise mood?

Thank you.

Hi. We are 11 family members staying at Embassy Suites on 17th Street on December 27.

Is there a place within walking distance to purchase champagne to bring onto the ship?

Is there a casual fun restaurant within walking distance to have dinner to get us in the cruise mood?

Thank you.

For champagne or wine Publix and Total Wine are in the shopping center behind the hotel.

Edited by EpcotBill

For champagne or wine Publix and Total Wine are in the shopping center behind the hotel.

Lovely! Thank you very much.

Just need dinner now LOL

Thanks about the Publix and Total Wine. I appreciate it and one less thing I have to worry about.

Thank you.

You need a big table. Call Duffy's in advance and see if they can hold their large table for your group. Bravo or Carlos & Pepe's might also be able to accomodate you.