Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ Part 2

Host Kat

Questions for you too...

Who did you rent from? Will they shuttle you from port or will u catch a taxi? Thank you!

I would answer your questions but I have never been to the area either. Will be watching the responses you get. We have a shuttle booked to airport now but with a 6:00 flight in Fort Lauderdale that's a long wait!

Only Alamo/National have free shuttle from port to airport. Drive the city and then just return to airport and they shuttle you again to flight.

We're looking for a private car service from Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina to Port of Miami. Does anyone have any recommendations for a reliable service?

We have always used Black Pearl limo. We have used them about 10 times with no issues.

Party of 11, two families. Flying into FLL on 12/31. Would prefer staying somewhere cheaper (:rolleyes:) and prefer beach because of whole day and want something to do. Then NCL Escape out of POM on 1/2.

Hotel suggestions? If not beach, where can we stay with something to do? Don't just want airport/port hotel for two full days. Obviously need transportation too. (and safe location) that is why we ruled out Miami.

Also What to do with 5 teens on NYE??

thanks!!

Party of 11, two families. Flying into FLL on 12/31. Would prefer staying somewhere cheaper (:rolleyes:) and prefer beach because of whole day and want something to do. Then NCL Escape out of POM on 1/2.

Hotel suggestions? If not beach, where can we stay with something to do? Don't just want airport/port hotel for two full days. Obviously need transportation too. (and safe location) that is why we ruled out Miami.

thanks!!

Give us a budget (one person's cheaper can be another's expensive) and that will help with recommendations. How many hotel rooms?

thanks!!

You can usually find good prices at Bahia Mar at the beach. It's in a good location.

Another great option is Riverside Hotel in the middle of the nicest part of downtown.

There is also Gallery One Doubletree. It is between an indoor mall and the beach in a very safe neighborhood. They have suites, good for groups.

There are usually big new years eve parties at the beach and downtown.

To let others know what restaurants open/closed Dec 24-25.

Bimini Boatyard now Boatyard -

Dec 24 - lunch open, closing early

- dinner closed

Kelly's Landing -

Dec 24 & 25 - closed

Rustic Inn Crabhouse -

Dec 24 - open

Dec 25 - open

Edited by phabric

I have stayed at the Hyatt Place 17th St and there is a restaurant close by.

I thought it was the called Quaterback, I have found a Quatererdeck., 1541 Cordova Rd, is that the same restaurant?

Edited by phabric

I thought it was the called Quaterback, I have found a Quatererdeck., 1541 Cordova Rd, is that the same restaurant?

Yes, it is the Quarterdeck - we've eaten there and really enjoyed it. In fact, it is one of the places we are looking forward to going back to when we are in FLL in January.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

The restaurant close by to Hyatt is Outback.

Quarterdeck is another restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PR Cruisers

The restaurant close by to Hyatt is Outback.

Quarterdeck is another restaurant.

Have you been to either or both?

What did you think of them?

If you had to pick one, which one?

Edited by phabric

To let others know what restaurants open/closed Dec 24-25.

Bimini Boatyard now Boatyard -

Dec 24 - lunch open, closing early

- dinner closed

Kelly's Landing -

Dec 24 & 25 - closed

Rustic Inn Crabhouse -

Dec 24 - open

Dec 25 - open

Quarterdeck --

Dec 24 - open

Outback --

Dec 24 - open check with restaurant for hours

Dec 25 - closed

Phabric, Both Quarterdeck and Outback are very close to Hyatt Place. They are both casual chains. Quarterdeck is a local chain (5 total), while Outback is a very big chain. Quarterdeck is the most casual and has a bar and outdoor dining. The food is good at both, nothing to rave about but good enough.

Edited by royalcruz

Any information on these hotels --

Rodeway

2440 West State Rd

Sleep Inn suites

1500 SE 5th Ave

We will be arriving on Dec 24 staying until 26, need 6 rooms. Some are renting cars, one driving down so need parking during cruise for that car.

Is there anything around these hotels?

I have rooms reserved at Hyatt Place, 17th St but one in our group is looking at these hotels as they are cheaper than Hyatt.

Which hotel you choose?

Rodeway

2440 West State Rd

Sleep Inn suites

1500 SE 5th Ave

We will be arriving on Dec 24 staying until 26, need 6 rooms. Some are renting cars, one driving down so need parking during cruise for that car.

I have rooms reserved at Hyatt Place, 17th St but one in our group is looking at these hotels as they are cheaper than Hyatt.

Which hotel you choose?

How much cheaper are they? I have stayed at Hyatt and it was perfect for us, very clean, free breakfast. Parking is $7/night.

Also rooms have a double sofa bed so you can accommodate 6 on a double bed room.

No experiences with Rodeway or Sleep Inn

How much cheaper are they? I have stayed at Hyatt and it was perfect for us, very clean, free breakfast. Parking is $7/night.

Also rooms have a double sofa bed so you can accommodate 6 on a double bed room.

No experiences with Rodeway or Sleep Inn

Hyatt Place is $310 for 2 nights

Rodeway Inn is $271 for 2 nights

Sleep Inn is $280 for 2 nights

With the rate of exchange US$ to CDN$ the other person is looking at other hotels. I have stayed at Hyatt Place a few times and liked it, the other person has never been to FLL.

With us have cars, we can stay anywhere but want safe, clean hotel, with some kind of breakfast.

Rodeway

2440 West State Rd

Sleep Inn suites

1500 SE 5th Ave

Which hotel you choose?

I would definitely choose Hyatt Place. The others are not worth those rates. Rodeway is the worst of the 3; it's an old motel in a lower income neighborhood, a 2 star at 4 star prices.

I would definitely choose Hyatt Place. The others are not worth those rates. Rodeway is the worst of the 3; it's an old motel in a lower income neighborhood, a 2 star at 4 star prices.

Thank you for the information. I talked them to keep the Hyatt Place.

It is nice to get helpful nformation from others.

Thank you for the information. I talked them to keep the Hyatt Place.

It is nice to get helpful nformation from others.

Good choice. Keep checking for price drops at Hyatt Place. Maybe it won't cost $310 after all if you rebook and cancel the first reservation. I'm assuming that rate is in CAD because I see it online for $199 USD.

Edited by royalcruz

Good choice. Keep checking for price drops at Hyatt Place. Maybe it won't cost $310 after all if you rebook and cancel the first reservation. I'm assuming that rate is in CAD because I see it online for $199 USD.

I booked through http://www.valuetrips.com at $139 + tax x 2 nights for a total of $308.58 US$. Presently Hyatt Place's rate for 2 double is $209+tax.

Thanks again for all your help through the year. It is helpful to get information from the locals.

I booked through http://www.valuetrips.com at $139 + tax x 2 nights for a total of $308.58 US$. Presently Hyatt Place's rate for 2 double is $209+tax.

Thanks again for all your help through the year. It is helpful to get information from the locals.

That's a great price. It's hard to beat Valuetrips.

Thanks for explaining how you came up with these numbers. I didn't understand that you were pricing the hotels that way, but that explains why Rodeway was so expensive.