No more mailings from Princess?

emmak8

Several months ago a week wouldn't go by without mailings from Princess. There would be notices of special sales, last minute deals, etc.. Now there is nothing!!! I want to know if anyone else has become aware of this? The area on the Princess website where you can request mailings also doesn't seem to work.

Thanks to all for your input.

Sandy

My friend and I are convinced that the amount of offers you get, especially the ones emailed, are related to whether you have anything booked. We are both Elite and I have a FCC on deposit, but nothing booked on Princess right now. I get offers either in the email or regular mail several times a week. She was getting them until she recently put two cruises under deposit....then poof, nothing! We both feel the offers are targeted!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Interesting!! You could be right!! We are elite and we have two cruises booked as of last January. One is 15 days and the October cruise is 29 days.

I am going to call Princess today and inquire about this. Just because we're booked, doesn't mean we wouldn't book another cruise if the price were right!!

Interesting!! You could be right!! We are elite and we have two cruises booked as of last January. One is 15 days and the October cruise is 29 days.

I am going to call Princess today and inquire about this. Just because we're booked, doesn't mean we wouldn't book another cruise if the price were right!!

Good. When you call them tell them I want offers too. :D

We get mailings every week and have noticed no difference between the times we have a cruise booked/don't have a cruise booked. But given how epensive it is to produce and mail these things, you would expect some kind of logic behind it.

My friend and I are convinced that the amount of offers you get, especially the ones emailed, are related to whether you have anything booked. We are both Elite and I have a FCC on deposit, but nothing booked on Princess right now. I get offers either in the email or regular mail several times a week. She was getting them until she recently put two cruises under deposit....then poof, nothing! We both feel the offers are targeted!

Same thing with us! We have 2 cruises booked and now get no mailings or offers!

The FCC on the Pacific Princess gave some talks on my last cruise and this was covered: you do not receive mailings if you have an active booking or have sailed in the past six months.

Six months? :eek: If I don't charge to my Princess credit card for 6 days, they call to find out if I'm ok. ;)

I called Princess. Strange happening!! Somehow a second number was created for me with a new address!! No activity was registered to the new account. Maybe mailings have been going to another address?

The rep was helpful and deleted the wrong number. I hope this fixes the situation.

My going into my profile did not show any new number or problem. Calling the Captain's Circle was the only way to get assistance.

The FCC on the Pacific Princess gave some talks on my last cruise and this was covered: you do not receive mailings if you have an active booking or have sailed in the past six months.

We have both and are still recieving both mailings and emails every week.

We've sailed twice in the last six months and also have a cruise booked. I'm still getting email at least 4x/week. We still get mail about once every two weeks or so.

I agree with other posters. This is incorrect. I have a couple of bookings, but still receive snail mail and emails... got some really good offers this week!

They probably think that you wouldn't have time to squeeze in another cruise! Oh what a problem to have. :o :D Enjoy while you are doing what all of us would like to be doing!! ;)

My thinking is that we need to do as much as we can while we can. So we do. :)

I called Princess. Strange happening!! Somehow a second number was created for me with a new address!! No activity was registered to the new account.

I booked a cruise last week and the TA said you have two cc numbers and I said not that I know of.

I called Princess and they checked and there was another cc number with no activity using an old address. They deleted it.

I have no idea how it was created since it had never been used.

Mike:)

I am the complete opposite of you, no FCC deposits on anything, nothing booked, yet we, (like the OP) haven't received anything in the past few months. Strange.