radiance class 1100 vs 8088?

sr5242

I have cabin 1100 reserved for later this year on the serenade. Money is a bit tight, and saw that the extended balcony cabin 8088 is open for our sailing, saving us about $2000. Other than double cruise points I know there are no perks with a JS. We will be diamond by then so we will have diamond lounge.

I wonder if it's worth the savings to move to the E1 8088 cabin. I've been in 1056 on jewel and loved the balcony, but then there were only 2 of us, not 4. I also saw that two regular priced E1s connecting would be about $200 more than one E1 so that's an option also.

but only booked this cruise to secure 1100, so it's kind of anti-climactic to have to downgrade :( But $2000 would pay for another cruise :)

I have also read that after the refurbishment there was a lot more noise from the centrum by the elevator rooms- any recent experiences?

thanks for any thoughts!

Edited by sr5242

We were in 8088 and there was a lot of Centrum noise. The balcony is very big. If you are late nighters the noise should not be an issue.

I should also add for a savings of $2000 I would go for it and get ear plugs:)

While four in 8088 would be cramped, $2000 is a big difference! (But you didn't say the passenger mix, which would factor into that). But - since you booked this for 1100 - if where you stay is that important, then maybe that is worth it to you. The obvious advantage of two E1's is more space overall and the second bathroom.

I think if it were me I would have to seriously consider the $2,000. But obviously you're going to have to decide that for yourself.

I am just back from BOS 7040 and the balcony is big with a real table and could fit multiple loungers, but love seat no couch, but it was an awesome cabin no noise. Really pretty centrally located. Loved it. I am so a converted balcony person. Thomas was amazing! I so loved the ship! She is so amazing!

I will try to upload some pix tonight!

I am just back from BOS 7040 and the balcony is big with a real table and could fit multiple loungers, but love seat no couch, but it was an awesome cabin no noise. Really pretty centrally located. Loved it. I am so a converted balcony person. Thomas was amazing! I so loved the ship! She is so amazing!

I will try to upload some pix tonight!

umm, thanks for sharing but not sure it goes with this thread

thanks to the others for the input- something to think about definitely

I booked under the wow deal and got $300 OBC from rccl, wonder if I would lose that if I changed categories

• 2 months later...

Would this be the same as on Brilliance of the Seas? It wasn't too loud once you're in your cabin? I stay out late and my husband can sleep through anything. :) I booked it for next year.

+1 !

We have had 8088 the balcony is really big.

Would this be the same as on Brilliance of the Seas? It wasn't too loud once you're in your cabin? I stay out late and my husband can sleep through anything. :) I booked it for next year.

Cabin location is same on Brilliance and Serenade. I liked the location best, but balcony was also huge. I went before the Centrum changes, and I wasn't bothered by noise. Not sure how loud it is now, but just bring earplugs.

It would be the same but it sounds like it would not bother you. Like Marci said bring earplugs just in case. I am a very light sleeper so it did bother me

I stayed in 9580 on the hump on Serenade and the sound coming from the centrum was more like a muffled sound to me. I think you have to really be a very light sleeper to be disturbed by it! :cool:

for better or worse, I did it- changed cabins, lost $500 in obc and double cruise points but saved $2000 off cruise fare

so 1100 now available dec 20 for anyone interested

I can't find this sailing, am I missing something, Dec 20, 2014 Serenade?

We just got off Radiance in cabin 8102. We LOVED it. The location was perfect. We heard a bit of muffled music the night they had the 70's party in the centrum, but other than that, nothing. The balcony was HUGE. You cannot even begin to imagine it from this picture. Our room steward brought us a recliner along with the table and two chairs that were already there. You could easily have 10+ people on this balcony.

photo10_zps3384d156.jpg

They had allowed you to book 4 people in 1100 (before you changed it) ?

The JS hold 4 or 5 people according to the TA website.

OP, not that you need validation from an Internet friend, but you did the right thing. 1100 is my favorite cabin, but if money is tight, then saving $2k makes sense. I'm curious why you lost so much OBC, though.