Lunch options on the Riviera

melody hounddog

On our Regatta cruise we are just back from they delivered the day after tomorrow menu with the next day's Currents. Today being the 3rd you would get the 4th Currents and the 5th menu tonight. Just had to keep them straight.

It was convenient to have them in the room to refer to decide where you wanted to go.

Was this done at your request or as a matter of policy? What cabin were you in?

On our Feb. 2014 Nautica cruise Hong Kong to Beijing, our lunch and dinner menus were delivered with Currents for 'day after tomorrow' or exactly as ORV has explained.

We were in a C1 ocean view cabin on Nautica. This cruise was the first time we had received the menus. We did not ask for them since we did not know the service existed, but did not receive them on three Riviera sailings with Concierge level cabins.

It was a nice touch and we definitely used them unless we had specialty restaurant reservations for the evening.

Edited by willidc

On our Feb. 2014 Nautica cruise Hong Kong to Beijing, our menus were delivered with Currents for 'day after tomorrow' or exactly as ORV has explained.

We were in a C1 ocean view cabin on Nautica. This cruise was the first time we had received the menus. We did not ask for them since we did not know the service existed, but did not receive them on three Riviera sailings with Concierge level cabins.

It was a nice touch and we definitely used them unless we had specialty restaurant reservations for the evening.

So - are the delivered menus the new standard across all ships or does it depend on the sailing and ship?

So - are the delivered menus the new standard across all ships or does it depend on the sailing and ship?

The GDR lunch and dinner menus were included in the daily Currents at least as far back as October 2012 on the NE/Canada cruise on Regatta, and also on my Alaska cruise on Regatta last May. I assumed the menus are delivered on all ships across the fleet, regardless of cabin category, since everyone gets the daily Currents.

The menus were printed on a single sheet of paper inserted into the Currents.

in a PH for a B2B, just off ship on Friday.

No menus at all, although we did get them during one of our previous 4 cruises.

Personally, I'm glad.

I'm not particularly Green, but what a ridiculous waste of paper-

Either put it on the television, or let the punters (gasp) walk to the restaurant foyer to check out the menu.

FDR, you have grandchildren, think of the trees's.-

Picture%203.jpg

Last resort is Room Service, but it's not really a last resort. There are a number of nice choices there.

Or do what my DW does... Asks Hubby to go down to Waves and bring back a burger and a chocolate shake.. Service with a :D

Personally, I'm glad.

I'm not particularly Green, but what a ridiculous waste of paper-

Either put it on the television, or let the punters (gasp) walk to the restaurant foyer to check out the menu.

Putting the menus on TV is the ideal solution and very "green" - no argument there. But then let's do the same with all the ads from the spa and boutiques - a much bigger waste in my book as I don't even look at those before ditching them (but I do read the menus) :).

Putting the menus on TV is the ideal solution and very "green" - no argument there. But then let's do the same with all the ads from the spa and boutiques - a much bigger waste in my book as I don't even look at those before ditching them (but I do read the menus) :).

Totally agree. We have to date never received a menu on eithe larger or the smaller ships..

Edited by TERRIER1

+1

Agree on some of the flyers they put in every night

We get the menu for dinner for "special meal" so we can order ahead of time

On our river cruise the lunch & dinner menu was on TV as well as our onboard account details

Seems like a simple idea but may not not;)

Lyn

We were in an A2 Concierge room and did not request them. They just came with the Currents.

All this green talk, LOL. When corporations do more than pay lip service and act like they're "Socially Responsible" by pandering to people that are always jumping on the latest bandwagon I'll worry about it. I'm all for keeping loggers, pulp mill workers, and other paper related industry workers on their jobs. Aren't trees a renewable resource?

Two cruises on Regatta in a PH - got the next day's menu tucked into Currents without asking.

One cruise on Riviera in A1 and never received the menu, even after asking for it.

It was nice to debate the next day's dining options over our late night chocolates :)

• 7 months later...
Only three more weeks from today and I once again will have the opportunity to enjoy my almost daily order of double surf/no turf/no bun at Waves Grill!:D

Just returned from a. T.A. On Riviera, after remembering your post I ordered the above adding a request for no cheese for the fries!. It was fantastic so thanks for the tip and I will not hesistate to order this again on our next Oceania cruise. Maybe it would just be easier to order double lobster and fries.

Rosalyn

Just returned from a. T.A. On Riviera, after remembering your post I ordered the above adding a request for no cheese for the fries!. It was fantastic so thanks for the tip and I will not hesistate to order this again on our next Oceania cruise. Maybe it would just be easier to order double lobster and fries.

Rosalyn

Glad you enjoyed it! Funny you made this post this week because I now only am one month away from my next cruise on the lovely Riviera.

Edited by CintiPam

• 2 weeks later...
On Riviera now -- oh the Lobsters are so good..

Even for dinner a couple of them with a few chops mmmm good..:D

We only discovered the delights of the Terrace Cafe at night this past year because spouse prefers to be served at dinner, so he always opted for the MDR in the evening when we were not dining at one of the specialties. But now that we tried the delicious fresh-grilled food there, it makes for a nice break from the fine dining when we wish a faster meal if we are very tired from our port day activities.

We only discovered the delights of the Terrace Cafe at night this past year because spouse prefers to be served at dinner, so he always opted for the MDR in the evening when we were not dining at one of the specialties. But now that we tried the delicious fresh-grilled food there, it makes for a nice break from the fine dining when we wish a faster meal if we are very tired from our port day activities.

We too enjoy dinners there.

One change that I noticed is that lobster salad is now served at dinner. I seem to remember that it used to be available at lunch time at the Terrace Café (unless my mind is playing tricks on me - again) :)

Whether it is served at lunch or dinner, it is yummie!