Embarkation info

Forgive me if there's info elsewhere for this, I had a quick search but couldn't find anything.

Booked on Celebrity Solstice Auckland to Sydney Jan 2015 and I wondered what is the earliest time in the day we can board? We are considering some tours in Auckland before the cruise. One we check-in and/or board in Auckland can we leave the ship and return in time for the 8:00 PM departure?

What is the earliest time that we can drop off our luggage? Can we drop luggage early and go away on a day tour then check-in later?

Tia

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You'll need to be back on the ship for muster drill....they will let you know what time to be ON the ship.

You can usually begin boarding as soon as all departing passengers have cleared the ship. Yes...you can check in, and then leave again.

You can drop off your luggage, we have done so as early as 9:00 but that could vary. The earliest you can check in is usually around noon. I would drop off the luggage, go back out and return later in the afternoon.

Your cruise doc's will specify your boarding time. We were recently embarking in Auckland and had a 2 PM boarding time, though this was not Celebrity. Also, this was not a staggered time, 2 PM is when the boarding started).

The cruise terminal in Auckland is in a super convenient location. Regardless of your boarding time, you should be able to drop your bags off early in the day.