Bring Back the Soap Campaign

Roses2

I did not use the Shower gel or shampoo. I bring my own shampoo and used the bar soap in the shower. We never needed to ask for it. I will probably start bringing my own soap. I have not been happy with the soap when taking a shower.

I prefer to bring my own soap and shampoo; I've done it for years because I like my own brands. We also bring liquid soap for the bathroom because it keeps the limited sink area clean and dry. It's not a big deal.

I prefer to bring my own soap and shampoo; I've done it for years because I like my own brands. We also bring liquid soap for the bathroom because it keeps the limited sink area clean and dry. It's not a big deal.

I agree that it's no big deal to bring your own soap and shampoo if you are particular. I do as I have sensitive skin. If you can bring a coffee maker, over the door shoe rack, and bottles of wine...you can bring a bar of soap lol.

Well--I've used the shower gel for bubble bath a few times--I also bring my own shampoo and conditioner--can't imagine using one that has nothing to do with my hair type---I also bring my hair dryer--can't see how anyone can style their hair with the one provided. Guess I need ALL THE HELP I can get to be presentable.

Nancy :D:D

Good to know. I will bring my own Princess Eucalyptus products back on board with me, besides,it's taking up too much room in my drawers at home, after many, many cruises:D

This is probably one of the reasons Princess has gone to dispensers...too many people hoarding all the soap, etc. I've also noticed the free slippers and bags you get for being in a suite on ebay.

I agree that it's no big deal to bring your own soap and shampoo if you are particular. I do as I have sensitive skin. If you can bring a coffee maker, over the door shoe rack, and bottles of wine...you can bring a bar of soap lol.

I agree....by the way you left out mattress pad and duct tape.

I bought a bar of Dial soap in a small size at Walgreens. 99 cents, I think. I also bought 3 oz plastic bottles and put my shampoo and conditioner in those. No issues and didn't take up much room. I have never expected the hotels, motels, cruise ships, etc. to have the right shampoo and conditioner to suit my hair type. Really no big deal to take those few things along and I know I will have what I want and need. :)

Good one! ;) But you forgot to mention fans, heating pads, egg crate mattress topper, portable DVD player and numerous extension cords and surge protectors. And lastly, don't forget all those gifts for the crew who are your best buds. :rolleyes:

I sent my email lamenting the loss of the eucalyptus products.:(

But assume that I will still have to pack the "Pocket Fisherman" as well as my gas powered blender for use on the balcony.;)

Mike:)

We did a b2b so where on the 10 day Caribbean before hand, strange thing was on the transatlantic we received an elite bathroom amenities but not on the 1st leg, we did switch cabins but why that happened I don't know.

On a cruise in March on the Crown, we did not receive any of our Elite toiletries, etc, upon embarkation. We did get them the next day, after requesting them from our steward. That was the first time that the Elite "goodies" were not in the bathroom when we arrived. ?? Forgetful steward ??

Good one! ;) But you forgot to mention fans, heating pads, egg crate mattress topper, portable DVD player and numerous extension cords and surge protectors. And lastly, don't forget all those gifts for the crew who are your best buds. :rolleyes:

We met someone who brought a regular sewing machine on board and spent much of her days using it.

I "BYO" my own toiletries. If I am already going to bring stuff like toothpaste, anti-perspirant, etc., a bar of soap and a travel size container or my favorite shampoo isn't a big deal. I much prefer to use my own brands. And since there is no corkage fee added for doing so, I will continue to unwrap my own bar of soap while on board. If packing a bar of soap is too cumbersome, just take one from the hotel you stay at the night before your cruise. Or pop into a Walgreens or Target and buy one while you are buying your waters and sodas for your cruise. Of all the things to blast PCL with in terms of petitions and emails, this one seems rather petty.

We met someone who brought a regular sewing machine on board and spent much of her days using it.

I've read of people booking freighter cruises and doing that same thing. One lady made draperies for her home while she was at sea...she used the mess room tables between meals. She claimed it was her one chance at dedicated time to do it. I can understand that.

Most likely he/she didn't notice it on the setup sheet (or it wasn't on the sheet by error). Some use the name cards as a backup, some don't.

On a cruise in March on the Crown, we did not receive any of our Elite toiletries, etc, upon embarkation. We did get them the next day, after requesting them from our steward. That was the first time that the Elite "goodies" were not in the bathroom when we arrived. ?? Forgetful steward ??

If packing a bar of soap is too cumbersome, just take one from the hotel you stay at the night before your cruise.

Princess still supplies a bar of soap. It is just smaller than the large previously supplied. It is about the size of the soap in most hotel rooms. And your cabin steward can bring you more so you can use one in the shower and one at the sink.

Only reason to bring your own is if you do not like the kind Princess supplies.

We prefer liquid soap to bars of soap. We take a bottle with us for the bathroom sink.

You will probably find it is more cost affective too as they have to throw away open bars of soap. You don't need to do that with dispensers.

Never going to please everyone so if you do have a preference I would always take it with me.

I have often wondered about the wasted soap from all the hotels across the country. People open a bar of soap for the sink and another for the shower, use each of them once or twice, and then they must just end up in the landfill. It seems such a terrible waste.

Of course, having said that, I too dislike having a dispenser in the shower instead of "real" soap. :rolleyes:

As for shampoo / conditioner I'm allergic to most scented products. I bring my own. I will never understand why everything has to have some kind of horrid perfume added.

Edited by Thrak

I have often wondered about the wasted soap from all the hotels across the country. People open a bar of soap for the sink and another for the shower, use each of them once or twice, and then they must just end up in the landfill. It seems such a terrible waste.

Of course, having said that, I too dislike having a dispenser in the shower instead of "real" soap. :rolleyes:

To be fair, most people are on the ship for longer than they're generally spending in a hotel room, so having a larger bar of soap for the average minimum 7 days a cruiser is onboard just makes sense. Replenishing the littler bars more often just means more waste as each smaller bar degenerates in unusable slivers, not to mention the extra paper packaging.

As for shampoo / conditioner I'm allergic to most scented products. I bring my own. I will never understand why everything has to have some kind of horrid perfume added.

this is what they do in Las Vegas : http://www.cleantheworld.org/

Princess is truly dumbing down things. The bean counters are ripping apart all the special little things that made Princess special. From the scented shampoo, conditioner and lotion to the poor design on the Royal and the regal, these people are making it just an old Chevy, instead of the proud shipping line it once was. Those special amenities' were always something to look forward to. Just like the dinner menu items that are no more, plane jane is all these empty minded bean counters can think of.. Very disappointing.!!!:mad::(