Couple of dumb questions

BigWI

Leaving next week for my 1st cruise in 30 years, getting excited.

I have a couple of dumb questions.....

1) I know the dress code for dinner, is it more relaxed for Breakfast & Lunch?

2) Is breakfast served in the MDR's as well as the buffet or just the buffet?

TIA

TIA

1. Yes it is But no swim suits allowed. Basically what you can wear around the ship is permisable in the MDR for Breakfast and Lunch.

2. There should be one MDR open for breakfast as well as the buffet.

No questions are dumb.

1. The dress code is more relaxed during the day. The only restriction would be bathing suits in the dining room. Many people wear their swimsuits with coverups at the buffet.

2. Breakfast is served in one of the main dining rooms. It is open service so you will be seated with others. The service is slower than dinner. It is only open for breakfast from 7 to 9 am.

Hope this helps. Have a wonderful cruise!

No questions are dumb.

2. Breakfast is served in one of the main dining rooms. It is open service so you will be seated with others.

Don't worry if you are anti-social like us (especially in the mornings :D). While the hostess will ask you if you mind being seated with others, we always respond yes and get a table for two.

Thanks All, I appreciate the help.

Since it is an Alaskan cruise in May, I suspect I won't be in my swimsuit very much.;)

As for sitting with others, I love chatting with other people so that won't be a problem, although they may avoid me after a while.

BigWi,

I know you didn't ask, but thought would volunteer. The MDR is also available for lunch. If you like pizza, see if Sabatini's is open for lunch. The serve a few tasty pizzas (though not on the menu you can get pepperoni) each would serve one (or if you don't want a lot, bring a friend and split one.

There was no charge for the pizza dining (I think noon to 1 or 2, check the patters or maybe someone else can give you the update). As always just pay for the drinks.

Enjoy your cruise. Alaska is a fantastic venue.

Counting down the days.

BigWi,

I know you didn't ask, but thought would volunteer. The MDR is also available for lunch. If you like pizza, see if Sabatini's is open for lunch. The serve a few tasty pizzas (though not on the menu you can get pepperoni) each would serve one (or if you don't want a lot, bring a friend and split one.

There was no charge for the pizza dining (I think noon to 1 or 2, check the patters or maybe someone else can give you the update). As always just pay for the drinks.

Is this true about Sabatini's? It wasn't the case on the Emerald in April. Are you referring to Alfredo's which is on the Royal (and will be on the Regal), the Grand and the Sapphire (I think)?

Is this true about Sabatini's? It wasn't the case on the Emerald in April. Are you referring to Alfredo's which is on the Royal (and will be on the Regal), the Grand and the Sapphire (I think)?

Some ships that do not have an Alfredo's use Sabatini's on some seas days to offer an Alfredo's menu for lunch.

I've never seen pizza in Sabatini's for lunch, but have had it in Alfredo's on ships which have that venue.

Don't forget to look for the English Pub Lunch, normally served on sea days during cruises; the venue varies from ship to ship.

Seeing as you are on an Alaska cruise, look also for a Seafood grill on one of the first days of the cruise. For our Alaskan cruise it was on the Lido deck, only for a limited time in the early evening.

Also we have found the breakfast service in the MDR to be excellent.

Not consistant fleetwide.

TIA

Hope your cruise is FANTASTIC!

Thanks Broncolvrs, I'm sure we will have a great time.

Thanks to everyone for your responses and suggestions. We plan on trying as many of the venues as possible, hopefully without coming home over 300 lbs;)

If you have a balcony and the weather is mild,consider room service breakfast served on your balcony.

While the room service menu is limited,the view from the balcony and eating al fresco can be a treat.

There is no fee charged for room service.

A tip to the server is always appreciated though.

Enjoy Alaska,it is a beautiful place!

If you have a balcony and the weather is mild,consider room service breakfast served on your balcony.

While the room service menu is limited,the view from the balcony and eating al fresco can be a treat.

There is no fee charged for room service.

A tip to the server is always appreciated though.

Enjoy Alaska,it is a beautiful place!

We do have a balcony and will do that a couple of times. But I like to get up at at dawn to take pictures (catch the morning light) while my wife sleeps in.

Question for you. I know tipping is a personal decision, but what would you guess is the customary tip for room service. I certainly do not want to insult the person.

we do have a balcony and will do that a couple of times. But i like to get up at at dawn to take pictures (catch the morning light) while my wife sleeps in.

Question for you. I know tipping is a personal decision, but what would you guess is the customary tip for room service. I certainly do not want to insult the person.

$2-$3.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Seeing as you are on an Alaska cruise, look also for a Seafood grill on one of the first days of the cruise. For our Alaskan cruise it was on the Lido deck, only for a limited time in the early evening.

Was this posted in the Patter? Otherwise, how did you find out when it was served?

Some ships that do not have an Alfredo's use Sabatini's on some seas days to offer an Alfredo's menu for lunch.
People have posted that the Coral and/or the Island serve the Alfredo's style pizza in Sabatini's. It has also been posted that they will not offer the Alfredo's pizza on the Grand Class ships because apparently they don't believe the oven capacity is sufficient. Other than the experiment on the Coral/Island, only the Grand, Sapphire, Royal and Regal have an Alfredo's Pizzeria. Only Alfredo's on the Royal and Regal offer the expanded menu in addition to pizza.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks All, I appreciate the help.

Since it is an Alaskan cruise in May, I suspect I won't be in my swimsuit very much.;)

Actually, one of our favorite moments was a late night hot tub session under the stars during a May Alaska cruise. Very quiet and only got down to the 40's, which is perfect hot tub weather.:o

Actually, one of our favorite moments was a late night hot tub session under the stars during a May Alaska cruise. Very quiet and only got down to the 40's, which is perfect hot tub weather.:o

Fair enough, I could see that. Being from Wisconsin I considered getting a hot tub for those old winter days.

Trust me, I am doing everyone a favor by not putting on a swim suit :D