elite plus/diamond plus?

hcat

Very basic question..

We are thinking of booking a cruise on Royal C after we reach Elite Plus on Celeb

will we get reciprocal Diamond Plus perks on Royal? And if so how does that differ from reg Diamond perks?....they were really great on Oasis even though we did not like such a big ship

Very basic question..

We are thinking of booking a cruise on Royal C after we reach Elite Plus on Celeb

will we get reciprocal Diamond Plus perks on Royal? And if so how does that differ from reg Diamond perks?....they were really great on Oasis even though we did not like such a big ship

Sorry, you will only received Diamond perks. The Elite+ and Diamond+ plus are not reciprocal.

Thanks for all the replies... not even sure we are actually Diamond at this point on Royal...since we mostly cruise on X..maybe we hit it after our last cruise...anyhow we'll check on that. Saw same nice itins and offers on Royal..always fun to change things up....

at this point seems unlikely we'll hit any tier past Elite plus...but happty for any perks we get The evening Diamond get together on Oasis was outstanding and we enjoyed the morning lounge as well!

Thanks for all the replies... not even sure we are actually Diamond at this point on Royal...since we mostly cruise on X..maybe we hit it after our last cruise...anyhow we'll check on that. Saw same nice itins and offers on Royal..always fun to change things up....

at this point seems unlikely we'll hit any tier past Elite plus...but happty for any perks we get The evening Diamond get together on Oasis was outstanding and we enjoyed the morning lounge as well!

If you register to be a member of Crown and Anchor society before you sail you will automatically become Diamond, due to your status on Celebrity.

We believe that the Diamond Lounge experience on RC is far better than the Elite experience on Celebrity. There are really no differences in the lounge experience between Diamond and Concierge (i.e. for D+) other than on Oasis and Allure where a hot meal is served along with wine and beer at lunchtime. Otherwise, since the addition of Diamond lounges on RC ships the offerings are pretty much the same.

Edited by Bobal

If you register to be a member of Crown and Anchor society before you sail you will automatically become Diamond, due to your status on Celebrity.

We believe that the Diamond Lounge experience on RC is far better than the Elite experience on Celebrity. There are really no differences in the lounge experience between Diamond and Concierge (i.e. for D+) other than on Oasis and Allure where a hot meal is served along with wine and beer at lunchtime. Otherwise, since the addition of Diamond lounges on RC ships the offerings are pretty much the same.

I agree for the most part except for:

CL on Oasis and Allure has a far superior view than the DL, just amazing to overlook the Boardwalk and the Aqua Theater and seeing the water

That being said, the DL on the Freedom class is far superior to the CL on those ships. The DL is up in the Viking Crowne with fantastic views whereas the CL is in the middle of the ship with 4 walls and no views. So being D+ on Royal it is nice to have the choice of both lounges and enjoy whichever one we like best

I do agree with you though that the perks on Royal as far as the lounges is far superior to the Elite perks on Celebrity. But we still had a great time on Summit. Really cannot beat the free bev package. Don't need a lounge when you can go to whatever lounge you want and have a beverage of your choice.

I am Elite Plus on Celebrity with a reciprocal benefit of being diamond on Royal

We have only cruised royal once in 2010 but will be cruising on the Quantum in Feb. 2015 and hopefully on the Allure for a TA in 2016.

I am not familiar with the Diamond Lounge. Can someone please tell me about it and anything else I should know out Royal Caribbean's diamond level benefits.

Thank you,

Mary

checked w/Crown and Anchor..they confirmed that while we are already Diamond due to being Elite on X, we need a few more points to hit their Diamond # on Royal but nothing would change. And as I learned on this thread..no reciprocity at Elite Plus and Diamond Plus levels..

Before Royal changed its perks a few yrs ago we got to enjoy the Concierge lounge...but that's no longer a Diamond Perk....but we were very happy with what was offered on Oasis

Mary: Folks who cruise both lines more regularly may be able to answer your question and add helpful info.

We did not care much for the large ship style , so are looking for Liberty, Navigator, or Independence....with all the changes planned for X and two more booked with them, thought we'd try -Royal again...

Liberty has a lovely Diamond lounge although just a very limited view of the pool area. It does have a little outdoor seating area, which is nice. Nicer if you're hard of hearing, as I believe there's a loud engine noise there.

The liquid and solid refreshments were both quite outstanding! and the servers excellent. The host was also outstanding when we were there. It's an intimate lounge area. It's nice at breakfast too, although I don't remember if there was a toaster and lox for the bagel.

On Majesty, it's not a separate lounge, just a part of Viking (nice view but only passed hors d'oeuvres and beer, wine and soft drinks) for the evening hours. Breakfast is a separate area in the main dining room; order from the menu or there's a breakfast buffet there. Kippers are on the menu! and one day is a chocolate extravaganza breakfast!!! I suspect this is the breakfast menu in the MDR fleet-wide.

We have a sentimental attachment to Majesty, but it doesn't have a solarium pool. Otherwise, a lovely experience, truly. Great musical groups and great crew. Nice little itinerary for very short getaways from Miami, with great last-minute pricing and really easy access to the port and the parking and the terminal. Just don't go on the day of the Miami Heat victory parade!

Edited by May B

I am Elite Plus on Celebrity with a reciprocal benefit of being diamond on Royal

We have only cruised royal once in 2010 but will be cruising on the Quantum in Feb. 2015 and hopefully on the Allure for a TA in 2016.

I am not familiar with the Diamond Lounge. Can someone please tell me about it and anything else I should know out Royal Caribbean's diamond level benefits.

Thank you,

Mary

the D lounge is a dedicated spot for continental breakfast in the am, a 24/7 specialty coffee machine that with a push of a button dispenses cappuccino, latte and reg coffee( and hot water) in the afternoons there might be a plate or two of cookies and fruit. the evening cocktail hour is hot and cold hors' deurves, a bartender to give you free booze(* basic mixed drinks, usually a red and a white wine, a few basic beers) and a Concierge who staffs the location in the mornings to about 11 and again during cocktail hour to handle stuff for you..arranging tours, booking reservations, printing out boarding passes, etc.

location, size and desirability of this and the Reg Concierge lounge( for Suites, D+ and Pinnacle members) vary by ship and ship class.

they are key coded for entry.

the D lounge is a dedicated spot for continental breakfast in the am, a 24/7 specialty coffee machine that with a push of a button dispenses cappuccino, latte and reg coffee( and hot water) in the afternoons there might be a plate or two of cookies and fruit. the evening cocktail hour is hot and cold hors' deurves, a bartender to give you free booze(* basic mixed drinks, usually a red and a white wine, a few basic beers) and a Concierge who staffs the location in the mornings to about 11 and again during cocktail hour to handle stuff for you..arranging tours, booking reservations, printing out boarding passes, etc.

location, size and desirability of this and the Reg Concierge lounge( for Suites, D+ and Pinnacle members) vary by ship and ship class.

they are key coded for entry.

spookwife, thank you for the details.

can you explain the key code for entry?

If Diamond level guests travel with another couple who is not diamond yet is there someone to check cards to make sure everyone is entitled to the offerings in the lounge or are friends of diamond level allowed to partake?

If Diamond level guests travel with another couple who is not diamond yet is there someone to check cards to make sure everyone is entitled to the offerings in the lounge or are friends of diamond level allowed to partake?

Your cabin key should open the lounge door. Usually the concierge is right there greeting and checking cards the first few nights but not always. Good thing you asked this on the Celebrity board. If you asked it on the Royal board there would be an uprising about who is and who is not allowed in the D Lounge. Have a great cruise. :D

your room key will open the door and ONLY if you are entitled to the access.. so anyone NOT a diamond or D+ in their own right may NOT access the lounge especially during cocktail hour.

the only exception is a spouse or domestic partner residing at the same address who has their C&A account linked with yours.

it is generally considered bad form to request an exception to this policy, especially with the larger numbers of Ds and D+s who have earned the access and will fill the lounge to capacity

Glad I did ask my initial question on this bd I received much helpful info...once we focus on a Royal C booking, I'll post any other perk questions there....

We have not been on Liberty or Independence and enjoyed Navigator....dh loved the cigar bar! So we have some ideas of what to look for...

thanks again!

Edited by hcat

Thank you,

Mary

From their web site:

Exclusive Nightly Diamond VIP Event will take place from approximately 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm (may vary by ship and itinerary) in a bar or lounge on every ship. This event will be announced by your Loyalty Ambassador onboard in the Welcome letter to be placed in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise vacation. We will offer complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine) and soda fountain drinks and a 'happy hour' discount of 25 percent off beer and liquor. There is a limit of one drink per member to be served at one time.

In the CL you also get free mixed drinks.

your room key will open the door and ONLY if you are entitled to the access.. so anyone NOT a diamond or D+ in their own right may NOT access the lounge especially during cocktail hour.

the only exception is a spouse or domestic partner residing at the same address who has their C&A account linked with yours.

it is generally considered bad form to request an exception to this policy, especially with the larger numbers of Ds and D+s who have earned the access and will fill the lounge to capacity

Thank you for the clarification, DH and I are both diamond (Elite Plus on Celebrity). I was thinking it would be extremely crowded if members brought their friends who weren't diamond.