Just Back from Our Stay at Hampton Inn Downtown Miami

funat55

We love the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale but this time we flew into Miami and we didn't book the Embassy because their hotel is by the airport in Miami, and we wanted to be closer to the port.

We chose Hampton Inn & Suites downtown near the Mary Brickell Village and it turned out to be a nice choice. I had previously signed up for Hilton Honors and then booked the Hampton direct with them online for two nights at $143.00 per night. The room was nice but it was not what you would call a suite. It was a regular hotel room but still nice.

We stayed two nights, pre cruise, arriving on a Thursday. We ventured out and right around the corner and a short walk away was the Mary Brickell Village, bursting with lots of music, restaurants and shops. More restaurants then shops. There was a Publix market too.

We had dinner at Perricone's Italian Restaurant and it was pasta night. They had a large selection of pasta dishes for only $10.00 per person. The food was fantastic and they also brought you a bruschetta appetizer as well. The setting was a beautiful garden and very relaxing. We told our friends who arrived after us and they went there for dinner and reported back that they loved the restaurant and the food. We went back to the hotel but ventured out again later that night and ended up at Brother Jimmys BBQ for drinks and karaoke.

The breakfast at the Hampton was adequate enough so that we were satisfied. They had potatoes, eggs, and breakfast meat, cold cereals, fruit, yogurt and a waffle maker plus coffee an juices. On the first day the eggs were some sort of premade omelet and the meat choice was sausage. On the second morning the eggs were scrambled and the meat choice was bacon. The scrambled eggs were better then the omelet.

They offer you a free drink when you check in but the wine choices were very limited. No white zin (my favorite) but I had them make me a wine spritzer with white wine and sprite. Good enough.

On Friday morning, we went to Bayside Marketplace and shopped then went back to the hotel and used the pool and Jacuzzi. Very nice.

Hampton Inn does arrange for a shuttle for cruise guests at $8.00 per person but because our group was so large the hotel recommended a taxi. That worked out well for us.

I might add that we took the free metromover over to Bayside and found it very convenient.

I would stay here again. Happy to answer any questions.

were you sailing from Port of Miami, rather than Port Everglades?. We will be sailing from Port of Miami, in March 2015 and we're looking for somewhere to stay the night before we get on the ship. We've sailed the past 2 years from Port Everglades, and were just beginning to find hotels in the area which suited, but the Eclipse is being changed to Miami this year.

Thanks for your help.

Texmex

I'm so glad the popularity is moving away from the Holiday Inn.

Not that I have a problem with the hotel but they either need to step up their game to justify the price or lower their price.

I'm so glad the popularity is moving away from the Holiday Inn.

Not that I have a problem with the hotel but they either need to step up their game to justify the price or lower their price.

You are so right. Holiday Inn was the first place I stayed years ago and the price was a lot less then they are charging now. I remember having a room on the 9th floor and we could see the cruise ships. The room was ok but the halls had a musty smell, like an old boot. I read another post a while back and it had pictures and it looks better. But for a tad more I would just as soon go across the street and stay at the Intercontinental. Budget wise, the Hampton met our groups needs and with the proximity to Mary Brickell Village and the ability to use the metromover, we had no problem getting around.

I forgot to add that just outside our hotel and down on the corner by the train station was the best hamburger joint. We walked by it on Thursday night and the smell was so good. Ended up there on Friday night.

Is this the Hampton Inn that has the Publix across the street? If it is not (:o) how far from the hotel was it? We will not have a car but would like to get some sodas for the cruise and would rather not drag them all over Miami :D

Is this the Hampton Inn that has the Publix across the street? If it is not (:o) how far from the hotel was it? We will not have a car but would like to get some sodas for the cruise and would rather not drag them all over Miami :D

The OP is referring to the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, which is located in downtown Miami; I think you are referring to the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, located out near the MIA airport - it does have a Publix and a liquor store :D in the strip mall across the street, and is about a 15+ minute cab ride from the port. :(

There are many places near the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell to purchase sodas/water. :)

The OP is referring to the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, which is located in downtown Miami; I think you are referring to the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, located out near the MIA airport - it does have a Publix and a liquor store :D in the strip mall across the street, and is about a 15+ minute cab ride from the port. :(

There are many places near the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell to purchase sodas/water. :)

You are both right. Our Hampton Inn was a 5 min. walk to the Mary Brickell Village. On the route parallel with the train line was a 7-11 and just a short walk further there was a publix. Very easy walk.

You are both right. Our Hampton Inn was a 5 min. walk to the Mary Brickell Village. On the route parallel with the train line was a 7-11 and just a short walk further there was a publix. Very easy walk.

Thanks! I will do some research around there, sounds like a good area to spend the half day we have in Miami before our cruise.

You are so right. Holiday Inn was the first place I stayed years ago and the price was a lot less then they are charging now. I remember having a room on the 9th floor and we could see the cruise ships. The room was ok but the halls had a musty smell, like an old boot. I read another post a while back and it had pictures and it looks better. But for a tad more I would just as soon go across the street and stay at the Intercontinental. Budget wise, the Hampton met our groups needs and with the proximity to Mary Brickell Village and the ability to use the metromover, we had no problem getting around.

I forgot to add that just outside our hotel and down on the corner by the train station was the best hamburger joint. We walked by it on Thursday night and the smell was so good. Ended up there on Friday night.

Hello, what was the name of the hamburger joint? Love a good burger?

Good morning, thanks for your review:). I am staying here in November

and they have a "Cruise Critic Package". This rate includes complimentary

transportation to the ship.

I am guessing your 143.00 was before taxes? I usually book AAA rate

but the CC rate was less $.:D.

Is this the Burger Joint? The menu looks good:)

http://www.bnbjoint.com/locations-events/brickell

Good morning, thanks for your review:). I am staying here in November

and they have a "Cruise Critic Package". This rate includes complimentary

transportation to the ship.

I am guessing your 143.00 was before taxes? I usually book AAA rate

but the CC rate was less $.:D.

Is this the Burger Joint? The menu looks good:)

http://www.bnbjoint.com/locations-events/brickell

Is there a specific code for the cruise critic package? :D

I just checked my credit card statement and the total cost for the two nights was $323.62 so that was $143.00 a night + the add on's.

The burger place we ate at was virtually across the street from the hotel,

on the corner. It was not the one named Burger & Beer Joint. That one is right in the Mary Brickell Village and very near the publix. Sorry I can't remember the name of it.

I went to the web site right now for the Hampton and looked at their map. It gives you a pretty good visual of where they are in relation to the Mary Brickell Village and the other restaurants. There is a 7/11 closer to the hotel if you want to buy sodas. I would be alright carrying a couple 12 packs of soda but not more by my self. The Publix would probably be cheaper, but it is a ten minute walk.

I did not see a specific code on the hotel web site for the cruise critic package. I saw the banner for the first time on the cruise critic web site about a week before my cruise and by then, my days were sold out.

There is a new burger joint right on the corner by the Hampton Inn, it's kind of more of a fast food one. This may be the one they were talking about

http://www.elcorral.us/

Batch Gastro pub which is at the bottom of the hotel has a fantastic burger, really good. Burger and Brew is great and is in Mary Brickell.

The burger over at Edge Steakhouse which is in the Four Seasons is also amazing.

There is a new burger joint right on the corner by the Hampton Inn, it's kind of more of a fast food one. This may be the one they were talking about

http://www.elcorral.us/

Batch Gastro pub which is at the bottom of the hotel has a fantastic burger, really good. Burger and Brew is great and is in Mary Brickell.

The burger over at Edge Steakhouse which is in the Four Seasons is also amazing.

That was the place, El Corral. They have seating inside and outside. It is more like fast food,. You walk in and place your order at the counter. After passing it three times coming and going to the trolley and Mary Brickell Village, I knew I would be getting one of their burgers before I got on the ship.

Is there a specific code for the cruise critic package? :D

I found the deal offered as a banner ad at the top of the forums with a link. Specifically I found mine at the top of the North American ports Florida.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

help. I've tried several times to get the cheaper rate from the banner here at the top, but no go!!! .... How did you get a rate so cheap, I was on line quoted $207 . Could someone help me get the cruise rate special? I also have honours #. Thanks......Joan.

help. I've tried several times to get the cheaper rate from the banner here at the top, but no go!!! .... How did you get a rate so cheap, I was on line quoted $207 . Could someone help me get the cruise rate special? I also have honours #. Thanks......Joan.

Try calling the hotel - not the 1-800 number.

It may all depend on the dates that you are looking for? What dates do you need?