What cabin class do you "usually" book

ghstudio

What cabin class did you book for your next cruise (or last cruise if nothing booked)  

410 members have voted

1. 1. What cabin class did you book for your next cruise (or last cruise if nothing booked)

• Suite
    • Aqua Class
    • Concierge Class
    • Veranda
    • Outside
    • Inside
    • Haven't booked or sailed with Celebrity yet

I just need a baclony.
Booked next cruise in Concierge since we are travelling with my brother and his wife. My husband whined and asked me to get the corner SS like we had on our last trip (we splurged then for the larger cabin because it was 14 nights).
30th anniversry cruise in 2016 - was going to book CS and hubby said NO - he really likes the corner SS on S-Class.
That having been said, he is normally not very fussy and just goes along with whatever I book so I gues it will be SS from here on out....

I started out in O/V until I was in the M-class FV corner aft balcony. I've been in that cabin 3 times, C1 on M-class 2 times, RCI corner aft 4 times, RCI aft Crown Loft on Allure, Carnival aft balcony, Hal aft corner. My next is 1140 (AQ aft) on Connie. I love being on an aft balcony whether it's a standard or suite.

We have booked C1 veranda on Solstice 9/11/14 price seemed very good but what am I missing not being concierge class. We sailed 2 yrs ago for our 50th anniversary we had a aft balcony was great. Can we still have coffee on our balcony .thanks

[quote name='seagrammy']We have booked C1 veranda on Solstice 9/11/14 price seemed very good but what am I missing not being concierge class. We sailed 2 yrs ago for our 50th anniversary we had a aft balcony was great. Can we still have coffee on our balcony .thanks[/QUOTE]

C1 is Concierge Class...

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

We have booked C1 veranda on Solstice 9/11/14 price seemed very good but what am I missing not being concierge class. We sailed 2 yrs ago for our 50th anniversary we had a aft balcony was great. Can we still have coffee on our balcony .thanks

Maybe I am not understanding your question, but a C1 cabin is a Concierge Class cabin. It will be an aft facing balcony on either Deck 9, 10, or 12. Sounds like a great option.

I took a glance at Solstice sailings and the September 2014 cruise departs on 9/12. Did you mean 9/11/15?

Either way, I think an aft balcony is a great way to see Alaska.

Just back from the Silhouette's transatlantic (booked an inside and yes, voted in the poll! :)) and taking a well deserved vacation from my vacation.;)

I wasn't about to add up the entire Celebrity FLEET distribution, :eek:

but just out of curiosity, did a quick scan of all of Silhouette's cabins.

Total Cabins... 1,420--- 100%

Insides............. 143--- 10%

Ocean view......... 70---- 5%

Std/SV Balcony . 740 -- 51%

Conceirge ......... 273 -- 20%

AQ ................... 128--- 9%

Sky Suite ............ 44--- 4%

Suite .................. 22 --- 2%

The poll numbers clearly show that people here on CC are FAR MORE LIKELY to book suites.

Of course the sample here is far too small to be considered significant/accurate. But it sure is fun!

Interesting statistics. It shows that Cruise Critic posters are a different demographic than the general cruising public--more likely to book suites than the average Celebrity customer. (Of course, it could just be that people in suites are more likely to answer this particular question and does not necessarily reflect the Cruise Critic posters in general.) My guess is that the poll does accurately indicate that CC posters are more likely to sail in suites than the average cruisers, although I doubt that 18% of all posters regularly (or even ever) book suites.

Just back from the Silhouette's transatlantic (booked an inside and yes, voted in the poll! :)) and taking a well deserved vacation from my vacation.;)

I wasn't about to add up the entire Celebrity FLEET distribution, :eek:

but just out of curiosity, did a quick scan of all of Silhouette's cabins.

Total Cabins... 1,420--- 100%

Insides............. 143--- 10%

Ocean view......... 70---- 5%

Std/SV Balcony . 740 -- 51%

Conceirge ......... 273 -- 20%

AQ ................... 128--- 9%

Sky Suite ............ 44--- 4%

Suite .................. 22 --- 2%

I'd love to see how this compares to other mass market cruise lines. Only 10% insides and 5% OV's makes me wonder if there isn't some truth to this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039685

I'd love to see how this compares to other mass market cruise lines. Only 10% insides and 5% OV's makes me wonder if there isn't some truth to this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039685

What does one thread have to do with the other?

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

I doubt it, please do not get class and cabin choice confused.:(

I think it just shows that some people cruise in a cheaper cabin so that they can spend their money on other aspects of travel while others prefer to have a more luxurious experience and also utilise the rewards/perks that go with paying higher prices. :D

Edited by MicCanberra

I doubt it, please do not get class and cabin choice confused.:(

I think it just shows that some people cruise in a cheaper cabin so that they can spend their money on other aspects of travel while others prefer to have a more luxurious experience and also utilise the rewards/perks that go with paying higher prices. :D

I have heard the classiest and smartest cruisers book inside cabins.

We want to try AQ if the price is right. Cannot see any benefit for US in selecting CC unless the price delta is less than $50! Each to their own. Afternoon, in cabin appetizers are meaningless to us.

Edited by iancal

I have heard the classiest and smartest cruisers book inside cabins.

You may be right, friends of mine always cruise Inside as then they can cruise more often and longer. He told me once that two cruises in a balcony cabin costs the same as 3 cruises in inside. He may be right, I just prefer Balconies.:D

Not sure I buy the whole "Claustrophobia" basis for not booking an inside cabin. I think it may be a ploy to upgrade cabins for other reasons. Never felt that 178 -- 200 sq foot room could be claustrophobic, but I'm not one of the 5% that claim to have the disorder. (I do agree it's a real thing)

A closet maybe, but most homes have bathrooms that are less than 100 sq feet. I just don't buy it, but I've been wrong many times before, just ask my wife!:)

Enjoy!

Kel

Not sure I buy the whole "Claustrophobia" basis for not booking an inside cabin. I think it may be a ploy to upgrade cabins for other reasons. Never felt that 178 -- 200 sq foot room could be claustrophobic, but I'm not one of the 5% that claim to have the disorder. (I do agree it's a real thing)

A closet maybe, but most homes have bathrooms that are less than 100 sq feet. I just don't buy it, but I've been wrong many times before, just ask my wife!:)

Enjoy!

Kel

It is more to do with no windows and having to rely on artifical light. Just remember that a phobia is an irrational fear, so it basically means it doens't have to make sense fo rmost people but is very real for the person who suffers it.:eek:

E.g. Arachnophobia is a fear of spiders. Most people are fearful of at least some spiders but they are not arachnophobes. Just a picture of a spider will freak out an Arachnophobe.:eek:

Enjoy!

Kel

Kel -- don't know about other folks, but for me, that unpleasant "closed-in' feeling comes from not being to see outside. Put me in exactly the same sized cabin with a small port-hole, and I'm fine! Of course, I've always said that I would sail in broom closet -- if it had a balcony! ;)

We usually book AQ because we like Blu. I was surprised that so many people book Concierge, since there are so many comments about it not being worth the price.

I certainly wouldn't book CC again, but a free upgrade on the other hand is a different story (depending on cabin location).:D

I certainly wouldn't book CC again, but a free upgrade on the other hand is a different story (depending on cabin location).:D

Why is this? I just got a free upgrade to a C2 and it will be my 1st time in one! Going back to 'Down Under':D I am sooo excited!!

We chose Aqua Class for our first Celebrity cruise, but we usually cruise in a suite. BLU intrigued me. so I thought it would be worth a try. I have another cruise booked on Celebrity, also in AQ, but I'm a little apprehensive about the space, especially since my upcoming cruise is 12 nights and the other one I booked is 15 nights. We'll make a decision before the end of our upcoming Connie cruise whether Aqua Class is for us or we need to do something different.

Edited by Cindy

We usually book AQ because we like Blu. I was surprised that so many people book Concierge, since there are so many comments about it not being worth the price.

Not everyone makes negative comments. ;-)

Also, the price premium also isn't that great at times. Sometimes it's just a progression like from a 2D --> 1A