Free Crown Grill/Sabatinis for Elite?

smokey01

I have just read the following in a review of Emerald Princess. I am Elite but was not aware that The Crown Grill/Sabatinis was free for Elite on the first night. Is

it true or prehaps just free to suite people?

'If you are a steak lover then The Crown Grill is a must, best on the high seas. They also do a very good lobster. There is a $25 charge for this restaurent, but it is free along with Sabatinis on the first night for Elite and Suite passengers.'

Not currently but I would sure like to be added as and added perk once we reach a higher level of cruises/days. I've been Elite for a while and now have over 40+ cruises and 400+ days, haven't changed levels since the 15, 150 day Elite requirements were met.

Maybe Princess doesn't have to add another entire level but some small extra perks at 300, 400, 500 days etc would be nice

Have you forgotten the additional OBC as additional cruises are accumulated. That additional $25, $50 etc. can pay for the special dining or bottle of wine. It is appreciated.

Of course, if some inventive management guru could come up with a new and novel incentive for more days or cruises -- Elite + or even ++. We would vote for that person to get a raise!

Some thoughts for Super Elite - or whatever they decide to call it.

Basically a few ideas for expansions of existing benefits, such as additional free internet minutes, same day free laundry without the surcharge, complimentary port day in Sanctuary (reserve when embarking).

Some other ideas: Complimentary visit to the bridge with canapes and beverage, complimentary $25 wine tasting, room service from MDR menu, ability to schedule 15 to 30 min. appointment with future cruise consultant during specified times outside of general office hours......

I think one of the great difficulties of implementing additional perks for a higher category is going to be volume control on certain sailings - circumnavigation of South America, inaugural crossings, and the like, where the overwhelming numbers of cruisers are those with a lot more cruises and days of experience already. Hence, perhaps some the "special experiences" could be in the form of nice surprises on cruises where the number of passengers eligible makes it possible to reasonably provide same. Other of these items, not too hard to manage even with a ship full of serious cruise addicts.

Its not free for Elite members of the Captain's Circle that I am aware it's free to eat in Crown Grill/Sabatini's on the first night for those booked into suite's.

Also keep in mind that it's (generally) only available for cruises that are 6 days or longer per the Princess flyer below:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

I recently took a 1-day cruise in a suite and it wasn't available that night. Although there are a few reports of it being available on cruises less than 6 days, don't count on it.

Basically a few ideas for expansions of existing benefits, such as additional free internet minutes, same day free laundry without the surcharge, complimentary port day in Sanctuary (reserve when embarking).

Some other ideas: Complimentary visit to the bridge with canapes and beverage, complimentary $25 wine tasting, room service from MDR menu, ability to schedule 15 to 30 min. appointment with future cruise consultant during specified times outside of general office hours......

I think one of the great difficulties of implementing additional perks for a higher category is going to be volume control on certain sailings - circumnavigation of South America, inaugural crossings, and the like, where the overwhelming numbers of cruisers are those with a lot more cruises and days of experience already. Hence, perhaps some the "special experiences" could be in the form of nice surprises on cruises where the number of passengers eligible makes it possible to reasonably provide same. Other of these items, not too hard to manage even with a ship full of serious cruise addicts.

OFF TOPIC! This would be good for a separate thread.

i like your ideas. They are not things that will cost Princess a lot of money, but will provide us (we have 30+ cruises & 500+ days with Princess) with added benefits.

What great ideas! I'm not Elite but still think having super elite perks would be good. I would imagine capacity control could be a problem on longer sailings or those that are very popular with Elite passengers.

With all the cuts and added surcharges and fees, I am just hoping to keep the benefits I already get without thinking of some new category. As far as Crown Grill and Sabatinis, we never have accessed them, so free or not isn't a big deal.

Has anyone who has travelled in a suite ever been able to get their "free" specialty dinner on another night? Would one be able to talk the the maitre d' into changing it? My family has one suite and one next door balcony for an upcoming cruise and we are doing the traditional dining, therefore only two of us would be able to do the specialty dinner. It would be much nicer to be able to meet our table mates the first night to get aquainted, and do the "free" dinner on another night.

Has anyone who has travelled in a suite ever been able to get their "free" specialty dinner on another night? Would one be able to talk the the maitre d' into changing it? My family has one suite and one next door balcony for an upcoming cruise and we are doing the traditional dining, therefore only two of us would be able to do the specialty dinner. It would be much nicer to be able to meet our table mates the first night to get aquainted, and do the "free" dinner on another night.

We were able to change the date on the Royal (Oct 2013). We we rescheduled two or three days after we sailed.....:):):)

Bob

Maybe, instead of thinking of ways to increase revenue, Princess should look how to keep the passengers happy that they now have. I'm sure most Elites would be very happy with a free dinner at a specialty restaurant on the first night of the cruise. Perhaps, at a level higher than 150 days.

Maybe, instead of thinking of ways to increase revenue, Princess should look how to keep the passengers happy that they now have. I'm sure most Elites would be very happy with a free dinner at a specialty restaurant on the first night of the cruise. Perhaps, at a level higher than 150 days.
Not going to happen, particularly with some cruises with over 1,200 Elite on board, many of whom with 400+ days.

I have just read the following in a review of Emerald Princess.

'If you are a steak lover then The Crown Grill is a must, best on the high seas. They also do a very good lobster. There is a $25 charge for this restaurent, but it is free along with Sabatinis on the first night for Elite and Suite passengers.'

And where did you read this inaccurate review?

And where did you read this inaccurate review?

Somewhere on cruise.co.uk. Obviously the person was both in a suite and an Elite and did not realise it was his suite status that got him the perk

It is a free perk offered to certain Elites on the cruise.

If you are one of the lucky "most travelled" passengers such as the number 1 most travelled passenger on the ship they will give you a free voucher to be used in either Sabatini's or Crown Grill on any night of the cruise.

There is also a lunch for the very top most travelled passengers on the ship. Extra gifts are given to the top 3 most travelled passengers.

Cruise lines could increase revenue if they started improving the product rather than the downward trend we have.

The issue is the cruiselines are competing for the new business and that is driven by price over quality hence the race to the bottom on base fares.

We would happily pay more for our cruises on the lines that offer the better quality but we don't have to because they offer them cheaper anyway.

It is a free perk offered to certain Elites on the cruise.

If you are one of the lucky "most travelled" passengers such as the number 1 most travelled passenger on the ship they will give you a free voucher to be used in either Sabatini's or Crown Grill on any night of the cruise.

There is also a lunch for the very top most travelled passengers on the ship. Extra gifts are given to the top 3 most travelled passengers.

Not quite.

On some short cruises where there is not a most traveled passengers luncheon, then dinner at a specialty restaurant is offered instead. This dinner is never given in addition to the luncheon.

Also, although the most traveled passengers are usually elite, it is possible that non-elite passengers would make the top 40 on those short cruises and thus get the specialty restaurant dinner.

Thus, a specialty restaurant dinner is not an elite perk on any cruise, but a perk for the 40 most traveled passengers on some short cruises.

Not quite.

On some short cruises where there is not a most traveled passengers luncheon, then dinner at a specialty restaurant is offered instead. This dinner is never given in addition to the luncheon.

Also, although the most traveled passengers are usually elite, it is possible that non-elite passengers would make the top 40 on those short cruises and thus get the specialty restaurant dinner.

Thus, a specialty restaurant dinner is not an elite perk on any cruise, but a perk for the 40 most traveled passengers on some short cruises.

I agree 100%.