Floral arrangements

cruisenfreak

I tried a search but didn't find an answer to my question. Does the Maasdam sell flower arrangements on the first day of the cruise or should I go ahead and preorder? Thank you. Mary Jane

yes, you can order once you are on board. Often the selections are much nicer than the standard shown on the on line order options.

What port will you be in? You can bring flowers on as well. (just don't take them off). I like to order some and have the vase and then add to it :)

We're on the 25 day cruise out of Fort Lauderdale beginning 12/19.

We haven't cruised with HAL since 2000, so I'm attempting to prepare well in advance. I love having flowers in the cabin and will definitely replenish through the cruise whenever I can. On embarkation day, I don't want to juggle flowers and luggage so will plan to order an arrangement when we board. Thanks for answering. Mary Jane

Some of the florists on the ships are very creative. I think it worth it to wait until you board for a better selection than what is offered to purchase in advance.

JMO.....

[/b]

Thank you for the info posters. I have always wanted to get an arrangement for my Mother but with guarantees have be less motivated to book online.

I want to get to know these wonderful people so I am going to get it done on ship with their advice.What they think and what they have fresh. Perfecto.

THANKS!

Thanks for your input, it is much appreciated. :)

One cruise, I was in our room when the florist delivered the arrangement, we had a pleasant talk about the flowers, he had included a piece of a pretty yellow shrub I had not seen before.

The front desk staff or the concierge will have a folder with photos of arrangements that can be ordered on board the ship.

The florists do a good job.

Well I didn't know this (I always pre-order a floral arrangement on-line). The things you learn on these boards:)

Some of the florists on the ships are very creative. I think it worth it to wait until you board for a better selection than what is offered to purchase in advance.
I agree. I've now changed to only ordering after getting on board.

If anyone happens to be sailing soon and can snap a photo of the florist's order form, that would be helpful. If you could post it and send it along to HALfacts for archiving, that would be great.

On my recent Amsterdam cruise, there were also bouquets sold in the Atrium on the first evening of the cruise for $25. So that may be something to check out before ordering at the front desk. I had never seen that before. It was listed in the On Location for that day.

If anyone happens to be sailing soon and can snap a photo of the florist's order form, that would be helpful. If you could post it and send it along to HALfacts for archiving, that would be great.
There may be different brochures for different geographical regions. The brochure for a Norway cruise in the middle of last year was completely different from that for a Caribbean cruise earlier this year. They looked like they were the contractors' own brochures. And they each had many many pages.

I was planning on ordering a bouquet for my MIL. By waiting till I board I guess I could use my shipboard credit as well. Would that be correct?

Correct.

If you order in advance, you have to pay in advance with a credit card. If you order on the ship it goes on your shipboard account, and any on board credit is applied to the charge.

There may be different brochures for different geographical regions. The brochure for a Norway cruise in the middle of last year was completely different from that for a Caribbean cruise earlier this year. They looked like they were the contractors' own brochures. And they each had many many pages.

That's a very good point, but I still think it might be helpful. After all, many of us find menus and daily programs helpful even though we know full well that ours may be different when we sail.

As a follow-up question to you, are you saying that there is a flower contractor, or that the arrangement pictures in the brochure looked like they came from the flower wholesalers? Or was it something else completely? Thanks! :)

That's a very good point, but I still think it might be helpful.
That's true, and I wasn't meaning to discourage anyone from doing it! It is, though, likely to be a labour of love, for which we will all be grateful.
As a follow-up question to you, are you saying that there is a flower contractor, or that the arrangement pictures in the brochure looked like they came from the flower wholesalers?
The impression I got was that there was a contractor who placed a member of staff (or more than one) on board, and that the brochure was prepared by the contractor. I got that impression more strongly on the Norway cruise, but I have to admit to not really thinking very deeply about it or asking any questions. Such an arrangement wouldn't be very different from how a lot of other things are done by cruise lines, especially if the ship is sailing in a region where a local contractor will have better sources and supply lines than one relatively low frequency customer (ie cruise line) can organise.

I will endevour to get pictures of the floral offering on our Eurodam Baltic adventure cruise this July/August and report back.

Thanks for all of your great advice and tips! :)

Thanks!

Just off the Veendam three days ago and there were arrangements for sale in the atrium for the first two days of the cruise. This was the first time I've noticed arrangements for sale in a public space.

Maybe the floral arrangements for sale in the Atrium will be available on all the ships.