Dreaded Dress Code Question

Ryancoke

Formal nights are what each couple wants to make of them. ;)

True as far as how you wish to dress ... but, but, but ... back when everyone was formally dressed, the whole atmosphere of the ship was quite different which was quite formal. No longer like that.

For better or worst ... things have changed and Formal evenings will never be what they once were. We can't bring back yesterday.

Things are what they are NOW so we accept and are all right with it.

LuLu

And, if you're military (active or retired), mess dress is always acceptable. . .

imagesCAECYZQE.jpg

Nice to see everyone's sized properly, too - shortest on the left, tallest on the right, in a single rank :)

Edited by Jackytar

Does that mean I can wear any of those. [ATTACH]315405[/ATTACH] :D :D

Sure.....why not. Princess doesn't discriminate what color, style or if a person isn't wearing a jacket at all so have your pick of anything that pleases you. They like to make everyone feel comfortable when dining.

One question pops up is why would anyone buy something like one of the jackets in the first place? Where would they wear it? A costume party? A Halloween party?

I am a fan of formal night and I appreciate those that follow the guidelines so we can all enjoy a nice "fancy" evening. That being said, my husband just purchased a beautiful summer suit (light tan), shirt, tie. Do you think that is an offensive break of the dress code? He has a dark suit, but was excited to wear his new suit. Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No a suit is a suit is a suit, other then a birthday one. ;)

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Sure.....why not. Princess doesn't discriminate what color, style or if a person isn't wearing a jacket at all so have your pick of anything that pleases you. They like to make everyone feel comfortable when dining.

One question pops up is why would anyone buy something like one of the jackets in the first place? Where would they wear it? A costume party? A Halloween party?

Why buy it? Because they can. Where to where it? Anyplace they want to including on a cruise ship. After all it is there money and their choice. Those look pretty good. Where does one buy them?

Thanks all. I'm going suit shopping this week. Big sale+loyalty discount=75% off likely inflated price.

Did anyone notice that the OP, Ryancoke, left this thread to go buy a suit almost a week ago?

While the other comments are interesting, amusing, or just plain silly, the original question has been asked and answered.

Don't panic.In over 20cruises on Princess I have never worn a regular suit,be it plain pin stripe,whatever.Any jacket ,probably a tie may be needed will get you in to any restaurant.In the buffet it is completely casual,if you want to travel light.

For better or worst ... things have changed and Formal evenings will never be what they once were. We can't bring back yesterday.

Things are what they are NOW so we accept and are all right with it.

LuLu

I agree with the above!

[quote name='Ryancoke']If formal requires at least a 'dark suit', how dark is dark? I'm not asking what can I get away with? But what is appropriate? Navy blue OK? Dark grey? Pin stripes with a dark base? No flames requested. Any polite responses welcome.[/QUOTE]

When I participate in formal nights, I go with a dark charcoal grey suit. But PamCA is right, any jacket and tie combo will do.