Benefit cuts

I am getting annoyed now.

I saw a cruise on the Tuesday sale (or as they like to call it now, the Going Going Gone Sale :rolleyes:).

I called to book it.

It has the single supplement of 150% for everyone, as printed on the chart. I don't need my D+ benefit for that. (besides, that D+ benefit is null and void in July and August. :mad:)

I have a NCC which they were happy to apply.

The agent quoted me a price. I told her that that was not the same number that I had computed. She went away and came back.

They reduced my balcony discount, "pro-rating it" for the 150% single supplement.

They reduced my OBC, "pro-rating it" for the 150% single supplement.

I was not happy. She asked if I wanted to speak to someone at C&A, and I was transferred. He told me that this is the new policy since March 15, and that there is nothing that anyone can do about it.

He said that I would NOT have that reduction if I were using my D+ benefit, but I DO have that reduction on the Tuesday sale.

Take it or leave it.

I left it.

Bad bad bad bad bad idea, Royal Caribbean.

Very very very very bad.

:mad:

I've heard about the OBC being pro-rated, but not the balcony discount. It's like they have created a department dedicated to annoying their best customers, and they keep coming up with stuff.

I've heard about the OBC being pro-rated, but not the balcony discount. It's like they have created a department dedicated to annoying their best customers, and they keep coming up with stuff.

That's basically what I told the guy. I was very nice. He was very nice. He understood my point of view, but said that the computers were now programmed to do this and there was no way around it.

Yes the balc discount is now pro rated...

It's REALLY annoying.....

Makes it not so great for solo cruisers...I get it, but really? Grr...

Frustrating...

We are STILL paying more than one person who is part of a couple. It's not like we are actually paying less. We are just not being gouged "as much"!!!!! :eek:

I am getting annoyed now.

I saw a cruise on the Tuesday sale (or as they like to call it now, the Going Going Gone Sale :rolleyes:).

I called to book it.

It has the single supplement of 150% for everyone, as printed on the chart. I don't need my D+ benefit for that. (besides, that D+ benefit is null and void in July and August. :mad:)

I have a NCC which they were happy to apply.

The agent quoted me a price. I told her that that was not the same number that I had computed. She went away and came back.

They reduced my balcony discount, "pro-rating it" for the 150% single supplement.

They reduced my OBC, "pro-rating it" for the 150% single supplement.

I was not happy. She asked if I wanted to speak to someone at C&A, and I was transferred. He told me that this is the new policy since March 15, and that there is nothing that anyone can do about it.

He said that I would NOT have that reduction if I were using my D+ benefit, but I DO have that reduction on the Tuesday sale.

Take it or leave it.

I left it.

Bad bad bad bad bad idea, Royal Caribbean.

Very very very very bad.

:mad:

you didn't book because of $60 or so?

Can someone explain how they pro rate the D and D+ balcony discount?

I believe if you are a single and pay 150% (as opposed to 200% when two people are in the stateroom), then they only give you 75% of the OBC and balcony discount.

That's basically what I told the guy. I was very nice. He was very nice. He understood my point of view, but said that the computers were now programmed to do this and there was no way around it.
I am very very far from a D but I do not think you should lose your balcony discount . :(

I don't think it was about the $60 for the op. I think it was more about the way RCCL is treating their customers. As I said on an earlier thread, the bean counters are driving the company. Instead of focusing so much on getting every penny they can out of people, they need to focus on treating their customers better - the Royal treatment. They not only lost a sale over $60, but they could also have possibly lost future sales. There are other cruise companies more than willing to sell op a cruise.

(besides, that D+ benefit is null and void in July and August. :mad:)

I haven't seen this!! Can anyone explain?? We are booked on Navigator on 8/24 and got the D+ discount on our balcony. (booked it aboard Legend in April) Are they going to change something on final payment and disallow the D+ discount?

Judy

I haven't seen this!! Can anyone explain?? We are booked on Navigator on 8/24 and got the D+ discount on our balcony. (booked it aboard Legend in April) Are they going to change something on final payment and disallow the D+ discount?

Judy

Carol was referring to the D+ benefit at 340 points where a single only has to pay 150% for a stateroom. That benefit cannot be used in July or August or holiday periods.

I had the same thing last week. I booked a solo on Grandeur using an "old" future cruise certificate. I expected $100 OBC, not $75. Had I known that there had been a change, I would have not used the certificate for this particular trip. Too many changes going on and not positive for many people.

I'm not a solo cruiser but I think the policy is unfair to those that are. D+ cruisers have demonstrated brand loyalty by attaining that level. Why risk turning them off for $50 or so? It seems that RCCL is trying to squeeze out every dollar they can. Just today I had my balcony discount reduced by $25 because I took advantage of a price drop. Not a deal breaker because I still came out ahead but it still makes me question RCCL's commitment to their repeat customers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well, when I go solo there's no need for me to have a balcony at all so I go in a lower priced category. So if you want to get a lower price, get an OV! LOL

Nonetheless, I understand your point and I also understand RCLs decision to pro rate the balcony discount. It just sucks when benefits are reduced, but they are still doing a lot for the loyal D and above members

I'm guessing it also depends on whether you booked before 3/15/14.

My scenario:

I booked a single cabin for our family cruise and put myself in it. I booked it October 2013 for a cruise in December 2014. Got the full $250 D+ balcony discount.

Then, after I got back from our cruises from March/April this year, my travel agent had them reprice it to give me the 150% single supplement (the cabin is actually for my son).

They did NOT prorate my balcony discount when they did this repricing in May. Interesting.

Staffed by the folks from the IT dept.

I wonder if they give them a bonus for coming up with ways to short their loyal customers instead of developing good systems :( It sure seems that way unfortunately. Not good.

Edited by akcruz

I am on hold with them now. I have been working with them on the phone for three hours now.

They are simply doing the arithmetic wrong.

:p

They are trying to charge me $143 more. :rolleyes:

Edited by Merion_Mom

I am on hold with them now. I have been working with them on the phone for three hours now.

They are simply doing the arithmetic wrong.

:p

They are trying to charge me $143 more. :rolleyes:

OMG!!! :eek:

I had the same thing happen a couple months ago...I changed sailings on a Dec. cruise I had booked and because I was not paying the normal 200% as a solo I lost part of my balcony discount...it didn't leave me with a very "WOW" feeling...:(

Just put in a mock booking for June 27 Grandeur. If I want to book for 2 people -- no problem. If I want a solo booking -- there are no cabins available. Sounds like discrimination to me! I thought someone had mentioned this a while back and Royal said the practice would be ended. Anyone remember?

Edited by Lady Hudson

Just put in a mock booking for June 27 Grandeur. If I want to book for 2 people -- no problem. If I want a solo booking -- there are no cabins available. Sounds like discrimination to me! I thought someone had mentioned this a while back and Royal said the practice would be ended. Anyone remember?

If you were trying to book a GUARANTEE rate, that's what happens.

You can sometimes get it, but you have to call and it goes through Resolutions. That's what I did for MY June 27th Grandeur booking.

:)