Host Walt: Piano Bar thread - Sticky?

elycelynne

Walt, can this thread possibly be made into a "Sticky" so that people don't have to search the whole forum for new information? I'm sure several of us would appreciate it!

Edited by elycelynne

Walt, can this thread possibly be made into a "Sticky" so that people don't have to search the whole forum for new information? I'm sure several of us would appreciate it!

Don't you know that saying sticky of this forum is a four letter word:D:rolleyes:. Frankly, I don't get the big deal. I've got bigger fish to fry.

I vote YES !

If there can be a "sticky" on HAL classes of ships (90% of which can be found on the HAL website) and on HAL's menu for hamburgers and hot dogs, why not a formal sticky for HAL entertainers?

Edited by taxmantoo

Well, I was going to offer to report on the Statendam, but I guess I won't now. Would you consider posting to just one thread for an extended time, rather than starting a new thread with each update. Reduces the need for Host Walt to keep locking threads, and also makes it easy to bookmark the thread.

Roy

I vote YES !

If there can be a "sticky" on HAL classes of ships (90% of which can be found on the HAL website) and on HAL's menu for hamburgers and hot dogs, why not a formal sticky for HAL entertainers?

Sorry, I vote no as well. I think the stickies you mention appeal to a wide variety of cruisers, many of whom will only visit this forum in the future, while the Piano Bar thread appeals to a pretty small (but often quite passionate) audience that I don't believe justifies a sticky that clouds up the screen for everybody.

Speaking rather selfishly, I am very pleased that Host Walt or someone else has acted on my suggestion. All piano bar fans need to do now is go to the top of the thread and click on "thread tools" and "subscribe". It's then easy to pull up a list of your subscribed threads for easy reference and you can even get an email message when the thread is updated.

Roy

Sorry, I vote no as well. I think the stickies you mention appeal to a wide variety of cruisers, many of whom will only visit this forum in the future, while the Piano Bar thread appeals to a pretty small (but often quite passionate) audience that I don't believe justifies a sticky that clouds up the screen for everybody.

Roy

Hot-dogs and hamburgers? Really :rolleyes:

But can we get rid of the hamburger sticky and someone look at the classes of hal ships and see how out of date and useless it is.

A link to halfacts should be a closed sticky, a link reminding people of rollcalls is important. I would like a simple where you can find blogs place, but know it would get cluttered with "love your blog" "thanks for blogging" "hate your point of view ...how dare you say something against hal" posts.

PLEASE get rid of the stupid Dive In sticky, we are gownups, we can order a burger.

Sorry, but I too agree with the majority of posters here.. There were far too many sticky's on this site before & it's looking much better now..

All you have to do is hit the search engine & put in "Piano Bar" .. The thread comes up..

The search feature would work for the other stickies too.

the HAL groups/charters/dry docks is not a sticky - and it often gets "buried" until the next month's posting ....

I agree no more stickies......maybe the HALfacts at the top as a sticky, and the outdated class of HAL ships sticky removed?

And the sticky about the new HAL Dive-In...a sticky? really? I think not necessary....

Carol

the HAL groups/charters/dry docks is not a sticky - and it often gets "buried" until the next month's posting ....

I agree no more stickies......maybe the HALfacts at the top as a sticky, and the outdated class of HAL ships sticky removed?

And the sticky about the new HAL Dive-In...a sticky? really? I think not necessary....

Carol

We can ask for stickies to be remove or have an expiry date.

What we want as a sticky is not necessarily so.;)

Thank you for your great work on the charter thread

It is so appreciated:D

We can ask for stickies to be remove or have an expiry date.

What we want as a sticky is not necessarily so.;)

Thank you for your great work on the charter thread

It is so appreciated:D

thanks! I do not need/want the Charter update to be a sticky, but just pointing out the fact that a lot of posts which provide valuable information get "buried" - a simple search with a keyword - "charter" , or "piano" for information on piano bar entertainers - should do the trick !

I still think HALfacts, because it encompasses so much, SHOULD be a sticky.

Carol

We finally got the number of stickies down to a manageable number, and then the number of announcements took off. :rolleyes:

The last thing this board needs is more and more junking up the top of the page.

If ever a website deserved to be a sticky it would be Halfacts. It is clear, concise and an excellent resource for all Cruise Critic readers.

thanks! I do not need/want the Charter update to be a sticky, but just pointing out the fact that a lot of posts which provide valuable information get "buried" - a simple search with a keyword - "charter" , or "piano" for information on piano bar entertainers - should do the trick !

I still think HALfacts, because it encompasses so much, SHOULD be a sticky.

Carol

It is so nice that you think it is warranted. We have been so lucky to have so many contributions by Cruise Critic members who 'jumped to the cause' so to speak.

thank you so much for the kind words.

If ever a website deserved to be a sticky it would be Halfacts. It is clear, concise and an excellent resource for all Cruise Critic readers.

That is something you and I can agree on. If there is another sticky, it should be Halfacts. It is a great resource, and easy to use.

I agree that Halfacts should be a sticky. I am surprised that it is not one already.

As for the Piano Bar sticky thread, "no" from me, too. And that's from a Piano Bar fan... I don't think any of the entertainment venues warrant that.