What is it About the Oceania Mattresses?

Aloha 1

I have read comments about how comfortable the beds are on Oceania. I understand that one can purchase the same type mattress as on board. Has anyone done this? What makes them so special?

We thought we liked the mattresses on Oceania and ordered a king for our home. Six weeks and $600 return expense later we are wiser…an expensive lesson learned. The mattress which was delivered was labeled as the same mattress, but we found the version much much harder than the ones on the ship, possibly since the ones on the ship have been broken in. However since we only had 30 days to return the mattress (albeit with a 15% restocking fee) we had to say "uncle" after 29 days and ask for the return. Whether we could have broken in the bed with more time, I am not sure. The one we had was much much too hard, even after a month of use. Also, we found that, perhaps due to the type of foam, it slept very "hot." With the caveat that, since the mattress was just picked up two days ago, I have not seen the credit less restocking fee on my credit card, I can offer praise to Global Resources Registry for very good service. This included being very helpful in the return process.

Edited by edgee

What I can tell you is my wife, who is a picky sleeper, declared the Oceania Mattress the best she has ever slept on. I thought it was pretty comfortable. So, we found out who made the mattress (an Italian company) and the model, thanks to our steward. I found that the company has an agent in Miami with a warehouse.

But then things happened and we never followed through.

What I can tell you is my wife, who is a picky sleeper, declared the Oceania Mattress the best she has ever slept on. I thought it was pretty comfortable. So, we found out who made the mattress (an Italian company) and the model, thanks to our steward. I found that the company has an agent in Miami with a warehouse.

But then things happened and we never followed through.

You could have just looked on Oceania's website ;)

http://www.oceaniabedcollection.com/

Thanks to all for your replies. We'll look forward to the experience on board in a few weeks and see if all the hype is true. If so, I sense a new mattress in the near future. :D

Edited by Aloha 1

We purchased this mattress about a year ago. It happens to sleep cool given the cooling blue insert in the pillow top. It is exactly the same as the mattresses that we have had the past two years in an "O" suite on the Riviera. I have not had a hot flash since the purchase of this mattress, enough said!

Global Enterprises, the distributer for these Italian made mattresses happens to be here in the city of Miami so we took a ride downtown and saw all the different models. They were a pleasure to do business with and their delivery was immediate. Oceania has the most expensive model on all their ships.

Edited by dlouise

• 3 weeks later...
They now have a brochure about how to purchase a mattress (and pillows) and it is delivered to your stateroom once during the cruise. You are referred to the website mentioned above.

A couple of months ago I decided to order 2 pillows from the website. I put the order in, website said there was only 1 in stock and gave me no options, i.e. back order etc. They lost a sale there.

the mattress...I actually bought a mattress which I had on the QM2 so have not bought one yet...but if and when I need a new one this will be it!!

Having said that...I also think the "linens" on the bed are fabulous!! And would like to purchase them...is that possible???

As far as "sleeping hot"...I think the duvet on the bed (I'm talking Marina now) is fabulous...but it can be a little too hot for "my blood"...but then DH and I fight about the temp of the cabin and amount of covers all the time!!! :D He uses a sleep apnea machine so he likes the air to be warm in the room!!! I think the last time I was on O I asked the room steward to add an extra sheet under the duvet...that way I could just use that and DH could still have the duvet on his side!!! It is truly the best "bed" experience I've ever had!!! ;) LuAnn

the mattress...I actually bought a mattress which I had on the QM2 so have not bought one yet...but if and when I need a new one this will be it!!

Having said that...I also think the "linens" on the bed are fabulous!! And would like to purchase them...is that possible???

As far as "sleeping hot"...I think the duvet on the bed (I'm talking Marina now) is fabulous...but it can be a little too hot for "my blood"...but then DH and I fight about the temp of the cabin and amount of covers all the time!!! :D He uses a sleep apnea machine so he likes the air to be warm in the room!!! I think the last time I was on O I asked the room steward to add an extra sheet under the duvet...that way I could just use that and DH could still have the duvet on his side!!! It is truly the best "bed" experience I've ever had!!! ;) LuAnn

We always request a lighter weight duvet. The thick one is much too warm for us!

Just contacted homegoods.com....they don't actually have a website where you can order anything...they just refer you to a store...that may or may not have the item you are looking for!!! :( It sounds...based on what I was told...it is TJ Maxx and or Marshalls that have what ever products they have available!!! LuAnn

Just contacted homegoods.com....they don't actually have a website where you can order anything...they just refer you to a store...that may or may not have the item you are looking for!!! :( It sounds...based on what I was told...it is TJ Maxx and or Marshalls that have what ever products they have available!!! LuAnn

Take a look at Overstock.com. They have the same sheets.

Take a look at Overstock.com. They have the same sheets.

That's true, but if you do it that way you would just have to trust that the 400 Count Tone on Tone sheets are the same as the Oceania linens; it's not as if the packaging references the Cruise Line in any way.

I thought that seeing and touching them in the store would be a benefit, and HomeGoods is a fairly nationwide chain now. They are certainly all over California.

Edited by StanandJim

I didn't know that was available!!!...will do that on the spring TA next year!!! LuAnn

You are welcome! :) Wow! That makes me happy that I could contribute something and especially something that you did not know! :eek: You are one of the ones I always look to for advice! :D