Not exactly live from the Noordam--Med Cruise June 9-July 1

Shebba

Thank you for doing this. I will be on the Noordam with my family in August and have really enjoyed your blog. It will be our first time with HAL and starting to really look forward to our cruise! You certainly packed a lot in!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sharon, DW is a professional photographer and was wondering what make of camera you used to take the excellent photographs in your blog. She was impressed with the depth and detail of many of the photos.

I've been writing a "blog" of our Mediterranean Cruise aboard the Noordam. Not exactly a 'live report' but thought some of you may be interested if you intend to visit any of these ports. Here's the link. Join us on our voyage!

http://medcruisewitharget.blogspot.com

I am doing this cruise in Oct. it will be from Rome to Barcelona. I am even more excited now after reading your "blog". thanks for the photos and sharing your experiences.

enjoy the rest of your summer.

Terri aka augie's mom( augie was my lab mix baby for almost 14 years)

Very interesting blog. I hope you saw the main "square" in Lucca which is actually built in the remains of a Roman amphitheatre and we'll worth seeing.

Palmero shows the effects of WW2 and the mafia who siphoned off a lot of the money that was to have paid for the repairs to the air raids.

Sharon, DW is a professional photographer and was wondering what make of camera you used to take the excellent photographs in your blog. She was impressed with the depth and detail of many of the photos.

My camera is a Canon 60D. Thank you for the kind compliment.

Very interesting blog. I hope you saw the main "square" in Lucca which is actually built in the remains of a Roman amphitheatre and we'll worth seeing.

Palmero shows the effects of WW2 and the mafia who siphoned off a lot of the money that was to have paid for the repairs to the air raids.

We may have seen the square, however we didn't have a guide with us, so we didn't always know what we were looking at. It was an interesting little town, though, and we really enjoyed it.

You're so right about Palermo. It's never fully recovered.

Thanks to everyone for your interest and nice comments!! We are home now. I still have more ports I want to write about (for my own memory as much as anything). It was just so hard to keep up with so much to do and such slow internet service!!

Stay tuned!!

We may have seen the square, however we didn't have a guide with us, so we didn't always know what we were looking at. It was an interesting little town, though, and we really enjoyed it.

You're so right about Palermo. It's never fully recovered.

Thanks to everyone for your interest and nice comments!! We are home now. I still have more ports I want to write about (for my own memory as much as anything). It was just so hard to keep up with so much to do and such slow internet service!!

Stay tuned!!

We'll the square isn't square it is more oval, reflecting the shape of the ampitheare it is built from, hence "square" in quotation marks. We will be going back in August from the Noordam as we have friends who live there. Easily doable by train via Pisa. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your cruise.