Viewing onboard account

hillsprint

Hi all,

We are sailing on the Noordam on 16th September out of Rome. Having previously sailed with Celebrity we were able to monitor our onboard account via the TV in the stateroom, does HAL have this facility?

Cheers

Mike

Unfortunately HA does not provide this information on their televisions. You can get the manifest every day at the Front Office. Inform them about this particular operation. As I allways do when i am cruising.

Enjoy your cruise, the Noordam is a very nice ship !

Holacanada

Holacanada from Quebec City

Edited by holacanada

HAL is so behind the times on this one it is almost embarrassing. This is not space age technology. Even Princess beats them with their little account kiosks where you put in your room key and it prints your account.

HAL is so behind the times on this one it is almost embarrassing. This is not space age technology. Even Princess beats them with their little account kiosks where you put in your room key and it prints your account.

I like that idea!!

Do they charge you for the printing?

I agree, HAL is so behind in this. Great idea that Princess has.

On our last cruise I was surprised because our statement wasn't slid under the door on that last night. I can't remember now, it may have even been sent to us after we got home. I do remember it wasn't done the same way all our previous cruises had been.

Does anyone know, was that just a fluke or has HAL stopped sliding the final statement under the door or at least putting it in your mail slot? :confused: In any case, it's always a good idea to get it from the front desk during the cruise to make it easier to keep up with.

On our last cruise I was surprised because our statement wasn't slid under the door on that last night. I can't remember now, it may have even been sent to us after we got home. I do remember it wasn't done the same way all our previous cruises had been.

Does anyone know, was that just a fluke or has HAL stopped sliding the final statement under the door or at least putting it in your mail slot? :confused: In any case, it's always a good idea to get it from the front desk during the cruise to make it easier to keep up with.

I've always have gotten mine in the mailbox. I think it was a fluke.

Nothing goes under the door on HAL ships these days. Everything goes in the mailbox on the wall beside the door to each cabin.

I am sure there will be someone who will come along and say they were on whichever HAL ships and guess what? :D They got the bill slipped under the door. :D Always one exception to every rule.

I ask for a printout midway through the cruise and on last day in case there is something I want corrected. I don't recall ever finding any meaningful error.

Maybe a can of soda from mini bar or something silly like that.

Does anyone know, was that just a fluke or has HAL stopped sliding the final statement under the door or at least putting it in your mail slot? :confused:

I always get a final statement on that last morning, but it doesn't always come as early as it used to. I no longer get the preliminary statement the day before, but do go and ask for one. It's always provided cheerfully.

On my last long cruise (28/29 days, with no segments) we were given a preliminary statement about halfway through the cruise.

Thank you Ruth and Sail. It probably has been awhile since we've seen it slipped under the door. :o For some reason that image sticks in my mind, probably because that's how they did it on our first cruises and we haven't cruised as long as a lot of you have. I can remember getting up in the night and seeing it there on the floor. Early memories. :)

We miss those preliminary statements too. I'll definitely be asking for one on our next cruise, especially as we've ordered the unlimited laundry, and have been warned that we might get another bill for it when onboard.

We always, like others, get our statement in the little mail box next to our door, on the morning we disembark. The only problem with that is, if there is some wrong you may not have the time to get it corrected. My suggestion is get a preliminary bill the day before, that way if there are issues you can get it resolved before you have to get off the ship.

Hal really does need to get with the program and let you access your account on your TV. At least now they are showing the times to disembark (color codes) on the TV, a step in the right direction.

An overcharge for a can of soda might be silly, but it is an overcharge nonetheless. I don't care to pay for items I didn't consume.

We check our bill during the cruise and again the last morning. I agree that the delivery of the final bill is occurring later and later.

An overcharge for a can of soda might be silly, but it is an overcharge nonetheless. I don't care to pay for items I didn't consume.

We check our bill during the cruise and again the last morning. I agree that the delivery of the final bill is occurring later and later.

The only overcharge we've ever gotten was for several drinks in one of the lounges long after we had gone to bed. :p

The only overcharge we've ever gotten was for several drinks in one of the lounges long after we had gone to bed. :p

I was once billed for drinks at the bar on HMC when I hadn't even gotten off the ship. :confused: When I said that to the person at the front desk when I went to have the charge removed, she didn't seem to believe me. I had to wait while she went through a box of paper receipts, found the one that supposedly I had signed, and it wasn't even close to my name or my signature.

I have had at least four incorrect bills on HAL (different sailings) and none on other cruise lines.

I was once billed for drinks at the bar on HMC when I hadn't even gotten off the ship. :confused: When I said that to the person at the front desk when I went to have the charge removed, she didn't seem to believe me. I had to wait while she went through a box of paper receipts, found the one that supposedly I had signed, and it wasn't even close to my name or my signature.

I have had at least four incorrect bills on HAL (different sailings) and none on other cruise lines.

I've had several incorrect charges. The worst on was for the mini bar for $75. I hadn't touch anything in there. Since I'm a four star and got the discount it would have been twice as much. I don't think the mini bar even holds that.

It is not just your account that you can access on your Celebrity cabin monitor.

You can select free movies, you can look up the days menu in the MDR, view the menu/make reservations at the alternate venues, book excursions, and order room service. There is nothing very special about this capability-it has been par for the course in most land based resorts for years. But we certainly miss it when it is not available-on land or at sea.

Edited by iancal

We always ask the front desk for a statement the 2nd day to make sure all OBC is present. We tend to take longer cruises so about every 2 weeks we ask for another statement unless there are segments and they are automatically provided to us. We have had many minibar charges that were not ours show up over the years (we are 5-star) so we just ask to have this all removed the 1st day and thus no more issues.

Agree that HAL needs to modernize their systems. Have heard that they are also working on the daily program to be provided on your 'device'.