Kazu -

sail7seas

I hope you heal quickly. I broke my upper arm in a Y brake several years ago just about the time we made final payment on a cruise. I was also told that recovery would take a while. I was still in a brace when we cruised. The worst part was the flight to Europe before the cruise. Then our three days in Rome before the cruise. Once on the cruise is it easy to take it easy. By the time we ended up in Ft Lauderdale for the end of the cruise I was ready to take of the brace. If you don't have a flight and pre cruise you will be fine.

Oops just looked at the cruise, 30 day Med. That is similar to what ours was except ours was a transatlantic after the Med.

Edited by cruisinjudy

I hope you heal quickly. I broke my upper arm in a Y brake several years ago just about the time we made final payment on a cruise. I was also told that recovery would take a while. I was still in a brace when we cruised. The worst part was the flight to Europe before the cruise. Then our three days in Rome before the cruise. Once on the cruise is it easy to take it easy. By the time we ended up in Ft Lauderdale for the end of the cruise I was ready to take of the brace. If you don't have a flight and pre cruise you will be fine.

Oops just looked at the cruise, 30 day Med. That is similar to what ours was except ours was a transatlantic after the Med.

Yes no TA this year. Flying both ways, think I am going to be glad I snagged business class with FF miles.

The break happened right after we paid in full, could have still cancelled as we paid a few days early, but no such intentions, DH agreed;)

Very glad to read your update. No surgery and a cruise :). You need something to look forward to and what better than a cruise?!

Now REST and heal your poor wrist (and back).

Thank you.

Went to the ortho surgeon today, new questions, new X-rays, new cast & despite the severity of the breaks and warning of surgery, it looks like the kazu has been doing things right and may have escaped the bullet. Looking good so far and no surgery on the horizon so far. They told me how long it would take to totally heal - I told them I had good healing and will be done sooner - have to, I will be cruising (I can do rehab exercises anywhere LOL. :p;)

Jacqui, Have been thinking about you the past few days.. Happy to hear you are doing better & might avoid having surgery.. Keep up the good work & hope you heal completely before your cruise!

Betty

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks to everyone for their kind wishes here, and the emails as well:D

Happy to report that I saw the surgeon yesterday and there is NO surgery:D

Appointment next week and the cast may not be replaced. If the cast stays off the kazu is ahead of schedule and, if it can't, it won't be long.

Permission given to try to type a bit if I can elevate the laptop, so I will be trying.

They checked my age 3 times yesterday. Guess the kazu still has good healing power despite age:p:D

All is looking very good. So, while kazu is tired of being a left handed bandit, I am a very happy and relieved camper.

Kazu -

Glad to hear that you are healing. I suppose that these types of injuries are one the risks of having big dogs. Although as former Labrador Retriever owners, I will certainly say that we wouldn't consider a little dog, unless it was a small, emergency backup dog.

I'll be interested to hear if Marley is gentler oncxe you can take him for walks again. :)

Kazu -

Glad to hear that you are healing. I suppose that these types of injuries are one the risks of having big dogs. Although as former Labrador Retriever owners, I will certainly say that we wouldn't consider a little dog, unless it was a small, emergency backup dog.

I'll be interested to hear if Marley is gentler oncxe you can take him for walks again. :)

Marley and the other two are being walked every day still - just not by me:(

Marley is a good walker he just went the wrong way greeting someone. That's being watched for and corrected:)

14 years of big dogs and this was a first. Marley has typical puppy energy and moves very fast despite his size. Fortunately he should be a real adult soon:D

Marley and the other two are being walked every day still - just not by me:(

Marley is a good walker he just went the wrong way greeting someone. That's being watched for and corrected:)

14 years of big dogs and this was a first. Marley has typical puppy energy and moves very fast despite his size. Fortunately he should be a real adult soon:D

One can only hope..... some stay puppies in their minds for alot longer then their body growth, but I know you are familar with that.:D

There's a Bon Voyage due out tomorrow, and I think Kazu is really eager to get some normalcy back in her life.

Roy

I will be attempting it. Roy has kindly agreed to do the FCL this week so I can due a "gradual return to work". And ease in.

Thank you so much Sir for your kindness and help:)

Kazu, I'm happy you are getting better. All will be well for your cruise, for sure!

Nothing was going to stop me from this cruise. :). Kazu can be very determined and has been known to start a cruise once with a cane and donate it to the medical centre shortly. Kazu has been known to be a tad determined or is that stubborn - LOL

Edited by kazu

Kazu.. That's good news.. Happy to hear that you are healing so well.. Keep up the good work, but remember you need to rest it once in a while & not push it too hard

Kazu -

POA We had a lab up north who lived to be 17.. Our "Sam" was a tramp as DH had him before we were married & never had him neutered..:eek:

DH built a 6 ft. fence to keep him in our yard & we discovered later that he would either get out by walking along the canal at low tide or the little ones on our block would flip the yard gate opener so he could escape.. Then they would bring him home, one on each side, & DH would give them each 50cents.. At 6 years old they were quite the entrepreneurs! ;)

We thought we would never want or become used to a small dog, but started minding a little Dachshund "Fritz" when his parents are away.. We love "Fritz" so much that decided to get a Doxi too.. We acquired "Brandy" a little wire haired who is now 14 & she couldn't have made us any happier then "Sam" did.. Brandy is so happy when Fritz comes for a long visit.. Our Vet tells us

"Brandy's" heart & lungs are giving out, so we now are looking for a 3-4 yr old to keep Brandy company in her senior years., & when our wonderful little girl crosses the Rainbow Bridge..:(