Now I understand...

shrimp56

Why Noordam is beloved by many. She is spotless. The crew is excellent and friendly. The food is very good. The decor is an improvement on Zuidy. All in all a sweet ship. The only curious note is all the oversized lampshades. (and yeah I'm wondering how many end up on passenger heads.)

I will do a full trip report on our return, but I will leave you with my husband's comment watching the ships come and go in Naples. He calls it "The Dance of the Sugarplum Ferries."

Having sailed Noordam three times, I agree that she is lovely. Of course, I only saw OP's comment because, on a slow morning, I decided I had the time to find out what a thread titled "Now I understand" was a bout. I wish that titles were slightly more specific - I suspect that I might miss a number of interesting topics because of "hookless" titles.

Having sailed Noordam three times, I agree that she is lovely. Of course, I only saw OP's comment because, on a slow morning, I decided I had the time to find out what a thread titled "Now I understand" was a bout. I wish that titles were slightly more specific - I suspect that I might miss a number of interesting topics because of "hookless" titles.

did someone hack your account? I'm sorry we aren't all up to your standards....

Even though Shrimpie's "future cruise box" says sh already "sailed", she is actually on NODM as we speak with a port call at La Goulette, Tunisia today. Enjoy NODM Shrimpie and take a camel ride on the dock today! ;)

I always smile to hear a good report of the very special ship, Noordam.

She is HAL's best IMO. Whatever mistakes they may have made on other Vista ships, they got just right on Noordam. :) She has provided my late DH and me many extremely happy memories and I hope to sail her again before too long. (I better do it soon before she repositions to Australia. Too long a flight for me. )

The Noordam in the Med was the ship we were a day late reaching due to a flight cancellation.:eek: The entire crew was wonderful for us, and the ship was a delight! Glad to hear you are having a great time.:)

Karen

She is HAL's best IMO. Whatever mistakes they may have made on other Vista ships, they got just right on Noordam. :) She has provided my late DH and me many extremely happy memories and I hope to sail her again before too long. (I better do it soon before she repositions to Australia. Too long a flight for me. )

Is that likely to be a long term repositioning?

Is that likely to be a long term repositioning?

Of course, it is only speculation but I would guess two years give or take.

Oosterdam is coming back to FLL and Noordam is taking her place down under.

Of course, it is only speculation but I would guess two years give or take.

Oosterdam is coming back to FLL and Noordam is taking her place down under.

You got me going - Noordam goes south the end of the 2015 Alaska season - September, I believe - but heads back for the 2016 Alaska season in March 2016, so it is just a 6 month deployment. There is a great cruise calendar site - which I can't mention here having already had my knuckles rapped once for doing so.

I'm not sure but hope you are right. :) We can hope.

Obviously, I love Noordam and sincerely hope to sail her again soon but that will not happen in Australia..... As much as I would love to see what I hear is a very beautiful country, I won't fly that far.

Why Noordam is beloved by many. She is spotless. The crew is excellent and friendly. The food is very good. The decor is an improvement on Zuidy. All in all a sweet ship. The only curious note is all the oversized lampshades. (and yeah I'm wondering how many end up on passenger heads.)

We are loving the Noordam, as well. A few little blemishes, but very minor. I think the gigantic lamps on Lido deck are cool. I thought they were anchored down. I'll have to watch my head!! LOL

Service has been excellent. Cheerful, friendly, helpful and fun staff. They have treated us well! We will be sad to leave this ship behind in Barcelona!

My bad. I thought my title would be intriguing. Ah well.

Copper is right. We are still floating around out here. Shebba, not to worry. The lamps are nailed down. Had a great dinner at Pinnacle last night. More later.

You said it Sail!! The Noordam is a special ship.......:D I have cruised on the Noordam 4 times and I will be on the cruise ship again in 2015.

Hey Sail, come and join us!! ;) We would have a Blast!! I know it!! :D

Even though Shrimpie's "future cruise box" says sh already "sailed", she is actually on NODM as we speak with a port call at La Goulette, Tunisia today. Enjoy NODM Shrimpie and take a camel ride on the dock today! ;)

You wouldn't catch me dead on one of those smelly beasts. Did it once. Was enough.

Yep. still on NODM and loving it. BTW my lamshade reference was to the propensity of very tipsy guests to dance with lampshades on their heads. Or do I attend the wrong (right?) parties.

At sea today, much needed before our Florence marathon tomorrow.

Yep. still on NODM and loving it. BTW my lamshade reference was to the propensity of very tipsy guests to dance with lampshades on their heads. Or do I attend the wrong (right?) parties.

At sea today, much needed before our Florence marathon tomorrow.

Sounds like the RIGHT parties, to me!! ;)

You must be doing that 11 hr excursion. Have fun!! We're doing Cinque Terre. Looking forward to it!

Loving the sea day today. Lunch will be in the Pinnacle Grill. Pedicure planned. The days are just packed!! LOL