Nachi-cocum or Mr. Sanchos

SW.FloridaPhil

Sailing on the Freedom in Sept. Looking for a nice beach day in Cozumel (hopefully not a rocky-bottom beach).

Which do you prefer. We are on the far, far side of our 50s!! Not looking for the spring break experience, but don't want to feel like we are at the "Shady Pines" rest home beach either!

I had a valid excuse Bill.:p

We've been to Nachi twice and enjoyed it very much. The best part is that they limit the guests, so it does not get crowded.

Glad you saw that Bob ;) I've been reading lots of reviews about the way they limit guests, so I am keeping that in mind.

Sailing on the Freedom in Sept. Looking for a nice beach day in Cozumel (hopefully not a rocky-bottom beach).

Which do you prefer. We are on the far, far side of our 50s!! Not looking for the spring break experience, but don't want to feel like we are at the "Shady Pines" rest home beach either!

If you are looking for a nice quiet beach day, I'd suggest Nachi also.. I also like that they limit the number of people.. We loved Mr Sanchos also..but the pool bar area can get a little "spring break type" with drinking games & such. We decided to stay on the beach & had a super time even with a heavy downpour of rain we had. Two different type of places completely..Depends what you are looking for.. Enjoy your day whichever you choose.. :)

Edited by chellecruise12

If you want a nice quiet beach day with limited number of people then I would choose Nachi.

We went here on our last cruise to Cozumel and will be going again this September and cannot wait!!

Great food/drinks, good service and a nice pleasant relaxing beach day!!

(oh and we are on the mid side of 60 and we aren't ready for "Shady Pines" either.....LOL)

Edited by GTO-Girl

I had a valid excuse Bill.:p

We've been to Nachi twice and enjoyed it very much. The best part is that they limit the guests, so it does not get crowded.

I know where you were!! :)

Edited by molly361

We are planning on spending the day at the Melia AI north of town on our upcoming NOS Halloween cruise. We stayed there for a week several years ago. It has a nice sandy beach and not "iron shore" ocean entry where you need water shoes. They have activities, but not a party atmosphere. You can Google Melia Cozumel day pass for more info. Have a great cruise! SB

We just did Mr. Sancho's for the first time this past Saturday. We have done Nachi once as well. We thought the food choices and for the most part quality was better at Sancho's. Other than the pool it never felt crowded. They do pack the beach chairs in close together but no one was using them. We were looking for the party environment for the crowd we were with. I don't think you can go wrong with either place. Have a great cruise.

Here's a twist...we did Paradise Beach a couple of years ago...nice beach, great pool, reasonable prices. I haven't visited the two that OP was asking about, what makes them stand out?

Here's a twist...we did Paradise Beach a couple of years ago...nice beach, great pool, reasonable prices. I haven't visited the two that OP was asking about, what makes them stand out?

I can only comment on Nachi but for $55pp it is unlimited food/drinks (both alcoholic and nonalcoholic) beach chairs & umbrella......nice pool.....and they only take 100 people so never crowded.

May be too quiet and laid back for children who need a lot of activites....

Nachi Cocom

Limited 100 persons

Waiter service is outstanding

Food selection is superb

Beach is beautiful

Pool area is nice

Bar and tables are great, but you can eat at your beach site, they provide little tables...

Outstanding day!

We went to nacho with my children and my niece and 2 nephews. There is more than enough to keep kids and adults occupied...pool, beach,banana boat, fishing g it's all there but extra. Even camel rides! Relaxing not loud.

I can only comment on Nachi but for $55pp it is unlimited food/drinks (both alcoholic and nonalcoholic) beach chairs & umbrella......nice pool.....and they only take 100 people so never crowded.

May be too quiet and laid back for children who need a lot of activites....

Maybe it has changed since we were there, but while we got unlimited drinks, we did not get unlimited food. We were allowed to pick two appetizers, one entree, and one dessert off the menu.

I've been to both. If I were traveling with kids, or especially teenagers, I'd pick Mr. San how. Since I don't, I strongly prefer Nachi Cocom. Food is subjective, but IMHO it's slightly better at Nachi. And this past march they kind of suggested that there was a limit on the number of courses you could order, but in actuality that wasn't the case. Maybe it was just our waiter or perhaps it is a unofficial policy. The servings of everything were quite large, too.

I prefer the smaller crowds and consistently good service at Nachi.

I have done both as well and I travel with teenagers. It really is a personal choice. We prefer Nachi as it is smaller, with a very large and uncrowded pool and the food is very good though it is sit down and order. Mr. Sancho's is larger, the pools are small and definitely have a "spring break" atmosphere and while the food is not as good it's buffet and out and available to be taken on a moment's notice unlike Nachi where you had to order. Mr Sanchos is also larger with activities more easily available, whereas with Nachi you have to wait sometimes for things like waverunners or the like(extra charge at both).

It sounds to me from your description you'd prefer Nachi. DO remember this is Mexico, not the states. Service at both places is more "laid back"

If you want a nice quiet beach day with limited number of people then I would choose Nachi.

We went here on our last cruise to Cozumel and will be going again this September and cannot wait!!

Great food/drinks, good service and a nice pleasant relaxing beach day!!

(oh and we are on the mid side of 60 and we aren't ready for "Shady Pines" either.....LOL)

Thanks!!

We have been to both and it's my guess that you would prefer Nachi over Mr Sanchos. It's a lot more relaxed, laid back, and spaced out than Mr Sanchos.

I have reviews of both in my signature line with TONS of pictures of both places and what they have to offer if you are interested in checking them out. :)