Traditional Dining in a port with 10 pm departure

julie3fan

Hi all.

We are booked on the Star Princess to Alaska in August, with late Traditional Dining. Our departure from Juneau is at 10 pm, so I'm wondering if they will still have the TD, or if everybody will do Anytime Dining.

The only reason I know to ask this is because we had this same circumstance in Honolulu, when we only left at 11 pm, and we were quite disappointed to miss our regular table. Not sure if the Alaska itinerary will be different.

Of course, no matter the answer, we will have a good cruise, and will enjoy dinner no matter where!

Happy cruising.

Julie

We have always loved our tablemates and truly enjoy seeing them each evening. We miss that "constant" on the evenings that we don't have TD. But it is still all good!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

We have always loved our tablemates and truly enjoy seeing them each evening. We miss that "constant" on the evenings that we don't have TD. But it is still all good!

Just agree to meet at a designated time and enter together.

Hi all.

We are booked on the Star Princess to Alaska in August, with late Traditional Dining. Our departure from Juneau is at 10 pm, so I'm wondering if they will still have the TD, or if everybody will do Anytime Dining.

The only reason I know to ask this is because we had this same circumstance in Honolulu, when we only left at 11 pm, and we were quite disappointed to miss our regular table. Not sure if the Alaska itinerary will be different.

Of course, no matter the answer, we will have a good cruise, and will enjoy dinner no matter where!

Happy cruising.

Julie

All dining rooms will probably be Anytime as others have noted. However many times our waiter has let us know that "our" table will be ready and waiting for us if we let him know what time we plan to have dinner.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all.

Happy cruising.

Julie

I believe that's unique to Honolulu. There is an "Ultimate" deck party with food when in Honolulu. The Traditional Dining Room is closed on that night as all the TD Room staff are needed to help on deck.

...There is an "Ultimate" deck party with food when in Honolulu. The Traditional Dining Room is closed on that night as all the TD Room staff are needed to help on deck.

We had this once on HAL in the Caribbean. Live band and a BBQ on the Lido deck. Lots of fun!

I believe that's unique to Honolulu. There is an "Ultimate" deck party with food when in Honolulu. The Traditional Dining Room is closed on that night as all the TD Room staff are needed to help on deck.

I dop not know about Hawaii, but in other areas the Ultimate Deck Party is held after 10 PM and for the past three years no longer had any food as part of it.

Just off the Star today. We had late seating and went at our normal time to Amalfi on the day in Juneau. However, the day in Victoria, Amalfi was closed and only Anytime dining was available.