Question about premium drink package

adweenal

I am a celebrity newbie (I have been on 3 carnival and 1 RCC).

We have a question about the premium drink package.

1) Are bottles of water included? Like, if I ordered a 2L bottle, is that included, or is it by the class? Same with soft drinks - if I order a coke, do they give me a can, or is it by the glass?

2) Is there a time frame that needs to pass between orders? Like if I order a martini, don't like it, and want to try something else, do I need to wait?

3) Is there anything NOT included?

Thanks so much!

Not an expert as I have only done it once, but can answer some of your questions.

-Bottled water is included in the premium package.

-You can order a Coke in a can if you prefer.

-You can order a different drink right away, but don't make a habit of it or you may be thought to be sharing your package with someone else - a big no-no. Occasionally, for the reason you mention, should not be an issue.

-There are some things not included, like the very high end cognac or wine - not real clear on this one so hopefully others will clarify.

1. Water is by the bottle, not the glass. Soft drinks are by the can.

2. If you order two drinks too quickly, the system will catch it and you may be denied so be sure to give it a few minutes.

3. Yes, there are drinks not included. Anything more than the price allowed, on the premium package, you would pay the difference. On the lower priced package you would pay the entire price of the drink, but on the premium you only need to cough up the difference.

I am a celebrity newbie (I have been on 3 carnival and 1 RCC).

We have a question about the premium drink package.

1) Are bottles of water included? Like, if I ordered a 2L bottle, is that included, or is it by the class? Same with soft drinks - if I order a coke, do they give me a can, or is it by the glass?

2) Is there a time frame that needs to pass between orders? Like if I order a martini, don't like it, and want to try something else, do I need to wait?

3) Is there anything NOT included?

Thanks so much!

Yes, bottles of water are included. With the Premium Package you get Evian.

I always get cans, but you can get a glass if you wish.

No time frame between orders, but they do track to see if one is giving drinks to others. If they are the card is voided.

Bottles of wine are not included, but you get a discounted price. Wine only by the glass. You can get any drink up to $13 per glass. Some have reported that the amount has been raised to $14 per glass. If you get a drink above the package price you simply pay the difference. In the Classic package you pay the whole price.

Edited by Orator

You can get juice, bottle of water & coffee at same time. I didn't gave any problem getting an alcoholic drink & bottle of water (Pellegrino) at the same time. I had a couple of martinis that I didn't care for, alert bartender said, you don't care for that one? I'll make you one you like (& oh, did I like it!). Plenty of choices

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More than once I would get a Stella and a shot of Double Espresso vodka and Bailey's at the same time, never a problem with the Premium drink package.

Once I did go to get 2 drinks (pre-dinner) for me and the wife to take to the room. Glad I had her card as it would have been several minutes before I could get the second drink....:D

Edited by bobsfamily

The first $13 of anything you want is covered. If you order a $100 glass of wine, you only pay $87.00. All water, soda, coffee, juice, ect, ect, is covered, again up to $13.

Are there many mixed drinks that cost over the $13? We are not wine drinkers, so not worried about that.

Are there many mixed drinks that cost over the $13? We are not wine drinkers, so not worried about that.

None that I can think of. All the Martini's are covered as well as the drinks at the Molecular Bar.

Only "mixed" I could think of would be if you were drinking High end single malt scotch and water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

... if I ordered a 2L bottle, is that included, or is it by the class? ...

As a minor point: The largest bottles on board are 1 liter. If you want to have a little extra in your cabin then just make it a point to pick up an extra one for later now and then when you are on your way back to your stateroom. If you and your spouse, or other traveling companion both have the packages you can pick up two at once by presenting both cards whether both of you are present or not.

The only drinks I can recall that were over the price limit were a small number of higher end spirits and liquors including some high end cognacs and a couple whiskies and a couple other items. Most of those I've seen were on the Micheal's club menu. The vast majority of the spirits on board, including a lot of top shelf brands, were within the price point. The cost of mixed drinks and whether they were included generally depended on the spirits used.

The more common items over the price limit have been nicer wines by the glass including most Champagnes offered by the glass (as opposed to sparking wines from other areas). There are also a couple craft beers at Micheal's club over the limit.

Edited by Lsimon

I HATE to ask this question but I'm finding conflicting info :o

If we got the Classic package with 1,2,3 - is it cheaper to upgrade prior to the cruise or to upgrade once on the ship. If the answer is prior - do we have to call or can it be done online. Thank you.

None that I can think of. All the Martini's are covered as well as the drinks at the Molecular Bar.

Only "mixed" I could think of would be if you were drinking High end single malt scotch and water.

As a minor point: The largest bottles on board are 1 liter. If you want to have a little extra in your cabin then just make it a point to pick up an extra one for later now and then when you are on your way back to your stateroom. If you and your spouse, or other traveling companion both have the packages you can pick up two at once by presenting both cards whether both of you are present or not.

The only drinks I can recall that were over the price limit were a small number of higher end spirits and liquors including some high end cognacs and a couple whiskies and a couple other items. Most of those I've seen were on the Micheal's club menu. The vast majority of the spirits on board, including a lot of top shelf brands, were within the price point. The cost of mixed drinks and whether they were included generally depended on the spirits used.

The more common items over the price limit have been nicer wines by the glass including most Champagnes offered by the glass (as opposed to sparking wines from other areas). There are also a couple craft beers at Micheal's club over the limit.

Thx everyone!

If we got the Classic package with 1,2,3 - is it cheaper to upgrade prior to the cruise or to upgrade once on the ship. If the answer is prior - do we have to call or can it be done online. Thank you.

it USED to be cheaper to do it ahead of the cruise but the policy/pricing changed earlier this year and it is NOW the same price regardless - of course the policy could change again prior to your cruise but as you follow this board you should be able to get a "heads up" should that occur.

it USED to be cheaper to do it ahead of the cruise but the policy/pricing changed earlier this year and it is NOW the same price regardless - of course the policy could change again prior to your cruise but as you follow this board you should be able to get a "heads up" should that occur.

We booked the premium with our TA, and it was something like 87 each.

Thanks everyone for the helpful hints, including getting 2 1 L bottles at once! Genius :-)

the only drink i could find not covered was a japanese whiskey that was about $25...and trust me I did a lot of research.:eek:

Why wait to upgrade to premium on the ship. i've done it through my TA twice now so when i get on board I don't have to worry about it. Got a second glass of sparkling wine after we consumed the glass handed to us as we boarded. Great way to start the cruise! Also, the price is not going to go down and it may go up especially if you book 18 months to two years out.

Upgrading is the same price prior or on the ship. You can upgrade in any bar on board. 11.50 $ pp per day either way.

If you have the premium package and purchase a discounted bottle of wine, are you allowed to share with friends that have the classic package or don't have either package??

You can share it.

You can's share the drinks that are covered, but if you purchase a full discounted bottle you can drink it with your whole table.

If you have the premium package and purchase a discounted bottle of wine, are you allowed to share with friends that have the classic package or don't have either package??

Yes. The difference is that if you purchase a bottle of wine you are purchasing a specific quantity of wine for a given price. The fact that you got a discount on the bottle because of your package doesn't alter this. This differs from the drinks included in the package since with the package you are purchasing an unlimited quantity of beverages for one person.

Edited by Lsimon

TA couldn't upgrade but I called celebrity to do before the cruise. That way it is taken care of before we board and no waiting to upgrade or choosing a lower end drink before upgrading.