Bathroom question???

Cougardave

Next week will be our first time on HAL and I don't know what to expect. What kind of things come standard with a stateroom? For example, do I need to pack a hair dryer and shampoo? Are there enough outlets for my husband and my phones and iPads to charge?

Next week will be our first time on HAL and I don't know what to expect. What kind of things come standard with a stateroom? For example, do I need to pack a hair dryer and shampoo? Are there enough outlets for my husband and my phones and iPads to charge?

Shampoo/body wash/conditioner is in dispensers in the shower (just a note - we bring our own bath soap and shampoo as we find these extremely drying):

30mpgch.jpg

Hand soap, shower cap, hand lotion by sink:

2qvcx1l.jpg

Sorry, don't have a picture of the hair dryer, but AFAIK there's one in each room.

Outlet on the desk:

m7chuh.jpg

And outlet in bathroom (for razors only):

9k9dlk.jpg

Edited by Shmoo here

Go to the front desk and ask for a power bar.

You will find in the tub/shower area hanging containers of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel -- they are Elemis products. On the sink will be a bar of white soap. We can use any of these products because DH takes many medications and had a reaction when he used the hand soap and shampoo. So I bring my own shampoo, conditioner and hand soap.

You will also have a shower cap and a tiny bottle of Elemis hand cream on the sink.

There is hair dryer in every cabin. If yours does not work -- ask your cabin steward for a new one or call the front desk. I have found some not to be too powerful.

I'm on the Volendam right now. I actually have two blow driers. The awful old fashioned one and one that was in a bad in the drawer.

We also found a clean pair of underwear on the top shelf, but that's not normal supply, I suspect ☺

Hal does provides a hair dryer, but I chose to bring my own along with 2 power bars. We have cell phone, cameras, tooth brushes, shaver etc. so one plug will not do. They provide you with shampoo etc. but I bring my own, DH has reaction to Elemis products and I don't particular like it myself.

Based on a recommendation here on CC, I bought a Belkin dual travel charger. It takes both USB and plugs. The plug on the charger swivels so it can be plugged in no matter the configuration of the outlet. Best $13 I ever spent for travel.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-3-Outlet-Travel-Charger-Protector/dp/B0016IXEWG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1404342421&sr=8-5&keywords=travel+dual+charger

I find the hair dryer sucks. On my last cruise the dryer was hard wired into the drawer. That is the first time I've seen such a thing. I had to hold the button on while I dried my hair. Ridiculous for a Neptune suite. I try really hard to keep the weigh down in my suitcase but I think I'm going to have to bring mine next time.

I find the hair dryer sucks. On my last cruise the dryer was hard wired into the drawer. That is the first time I've seen such a thing. I had to hold the button on while I dried my hair. Ridiculous for a Neptune suite. I try really hard to keep the weigh down in my suitcase but I think I'm going to have to bring mine next time.

When Hal Changed the hair dryers -- I found many of the new ones attached to the drawer -- I didn't like that.

I want to the 2 top drawers for me -- and don't want the hair dryer taking up the top drawer.

I'm on the Volendam right now. I actually have two blow driers. The awful old fashioned one and one that was in a bad in the drawer.

I am so happy to read that "The awful old fashioned one" is still on the Volendam! That means that I'll be able to plug in my toothbrush when I sail on the ship next month.

When those hair dryers were removed from the various ships, the electric outlets in the bathroom went with them. :mad:

I'm on the Volendam right now… We also found a clean pair of underwear on the top shelf, but that's not normal supply, I suspect ☺

Fog123, Please send me back my clean undies ! :D

Holacanada

Edited by holacanada

We also found a clean pair of underwear on the top shelf, but that's not normal supply, I suspect ☺

Lets hope they were clean:D.

When Hal Changed the hair dryers -- I found many of the new ones attached to the drawer -- I didn't like that.

I want to the 2 top drawers for me -- and don't want the hair dryer taking up the top drawer.

I agree. I like to use that top drawer but the dryer takes up all the space.

I am so happy to read that "The awful old fashioned one" is still on the Volendam! That means that I'll be able to plug in my toothbrush when I sail on the ship next month.

When those hair dryers were removed from the various ships, the electric outlets in the bathroom went with them. :mad:

Interesting side note on those bathroom outlets....we like to plug in our toothbrush and a night light in the bathroom, but on our last cruise for the first time the outlet was only hot when the light switch was on...needless to say the night light didn't work so well :D

I find the hair dryer sucks. On my last cruise the dryer was hard wired into the drawer. That is the first time I've seen such a thing. I had to hold the button on while I dried my hair.

The same complaint has been voiced about the new Princess Royal and Regal ships.

Wow. Only one outlet in the room?
It depends on the ship. On the 6 newest (Vista & Signature classes) there are two 115v/220v combinations (such as shown in post 3) over the desk, but in the oldest 9 ships there is just one. Most modern chargers can use the 220v if you have a plug adapter. Check the label. Edited by catl331

Interesting side note on those bathroom outlets....we like to plug in our toothbrush and a night light in the bathroom, but on our last cruise for the first time the outlet was only hot when the light switch was on...needless to say the night light didn't work so well :D

I bring my own hair dryer, but for nightlights I use battery powered votive lights. I have also unplugged the DVD player to get another outlet. It's a European outlet so I always pack two adapters and that gives us three outlets without a multiplug or surge protector. HAL has been known to confiscate surge protectors.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Shampoo/body wash/conditioner is in dispensers in the shower (just a note - we bring our own bath soap and shampoo as we find these extremely drying):

30mpgch.jpg

Hand soap, shower cap, hand lotion by sink:

2qvcx1l.jpg

Sorry, don't have a picture of the hair dryer, but AFAIK there's one in each room.

Outlet on the desk:

m7chuh.jpg

And outlet in bathroom (for razors only):

9k9dlk.jpg

Hi Shmoo

Is the photo showing one American & one European outlet?