Bathroom question???

Cougardave

Is there a shelf or place other than the floor to put your own shampoo, conditioner, soap? Not all of us are enamored with Elemis stuff.
There's a little space at the tub corners, or along the outer edge of the tub.

I had to hold the button on while I dried my hair.

I found the same on the Disney Magic in January. Not only did I have to hold the button down (such a small thing, but annoying all the same) there was a blue light on the hairdryer when it was on (no kidding it is on...because I am using it) that kept going in my eyes. Even DD noticed me squinting and asking what the blue light was on my face.

Yeah it's hard believe because they have to be the worst dryers ever.

The Drawer dryers are OK - and I use them. Dont want to lug one from home and take up space/weight in my suitcase (that'smore valuable to me;))

Now- the WORST dryers are those awful vacuum things attached to the bathroom walls ..... talk about useless!!!!

Is there a shelf or place other than the floor to put your own shampoo, conditioner, soap? Not all of us are enamored with Elemis stuff.

Here's a picture of (most of) the bathroom. There's a fairly roomy counter around the sink, a shelf below the sink, and the little glass shelf (that has the hand soap/shower cap/lotion on it is just inside the door to the left of the sink, about shoulder high.

4v6aad.jpg

I don't recall any shelves in the shower/tub except the soap dish, but there is the corners of the tub as noted.

Edited by Shmoo here

Here's a picture of (most of) the bathroom. There's a fairly roomy counter around the sink, a shelf below the sink, and the little glass shelf (that has the hand soap/shower cap/lotion on it is just inside the door to the left of the sink, about shoulder high.

4v6aad.jpg

I don't recall any shelves in the shower/tub except the soap dish, but there is the corners of the tub as noted.

Charming. I can pretend like I'm at my gym while onboard. This is already shaping up to be "one and done" with HAL for me.

Now- the WORST dryers are those awful vacuum things attached to the bathroom walls ..... talk about useless!!!!

I love them! Oh, not for drying hair, but they are so handy when you want to clear the steam off the mirror. Or help dry those little nooks & crannies that the towel just doesn't get very well. ;)

Best part about them was that there was an electric outlet contained in the housing, and it was perfect for setting up an electric toothbrush.

I sure miss those "awful vacuum things attached to he bathroom walls." :D

I love them! Oh, not for drying hair, but they are so handy when you want to clear the steam off the mirror. Or help dry those little nooks & crannies that the towel just doesn't get very well. ;)

Best part about them was that there was an electric outlet contained in the housing, and it was perfect for setting up an electric toothbrush.

I sure miss those "awful vacuum things attached to he bathroom walls." :D

Ha ha ha .... thanks Ruth , so maybe not so useless after all!!

Bring your own hair dryer, if blow drying is important. Most don't blow well at all, and that's the whole point. You will be drying your hair in the cabin, not the bathroom. The plug in the bath is only for electric razors.

I bring my own hair dryer, but for nightlights I use battery powered votive lights. I have also unplugged the DVD player to get another outlet. It's a European outlet so I always pack two adapters and that gives us three outlets without a multiplug or surge protector. HAL has been known to confiscate surge protectors.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

There is a high probability that there will not be an outlet near a nightstand so we bring a 13-foot extension cord for our sound machine.

Most computers/tablets are dual voltage so they can be plugged into a European adapter and that into the European plug.

Anker makes a dual voltage USB adapter that includes five USB charging ports. Its available on Amazon. I use this at home as well as on cruisers for two tablets and two cell phones.

Belkin makes multi-plug extension cords without surge protectors. We bring the front of the packaging that states that there is no surge protection.

If you are in a Neptune Suite, there is an additional plug inside the cabinet with a table lamp.

Ha ha ha .... thanks Ruth , so maybe not so useless after all!!

I forgot to mention colder itineraries, with snow and cold rain.

When your gloves get wet, those vacuum dryers are great to help dry them, too. Just stick the nozzle in the glove, turn it on, and leave it running by the sink.

That has been one handy little trick in Alaska, Norway, and Antarctica. :D

Charming. I can pretend like I'm at my gym while onboard. This is already shaping up to be "one and done" with HAL for me.

What do you expect? Do you need a bathroom butler to hold your shampoo on a sterling silver tray for you?

I don't know how you came to be booked on a HAL cruise, but most of your posts are so negative. If you think you will have a miserable time, then you will. It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you consider yourself lucky to do something that many people can only dream of, perhaps you might have a good time after all. Even if you have to, God forbid, put your shampoo on the side of the tub.

I truly hope you have an outstanding cruise.

I forgot to mention colder itineraries, with snow and cold rain.

When your gloves get wet, those vacuum dryers are great to help dry them, too. Just stick the nozzle in the glove, turn it on, and leave it running by the sink.

That has been one handy little trick in Alaska, Norway, and Antarctica. :D

I just love all of your pearls of wisdom! Your posts are always informative and full of humor too. Thanks so much for being such an integral part of this board.

What do you expect? Do you need a bathroom butler to hold your shampoo on a sterling silver tray for you?

I don't know how you came to be booked on a HAL cruise, but most of your posts are so negative. If you think you will have a miserable time, then you will. It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you consider yourself lucky to do something that many people can only dream of, perhaps you might have a good time after all. Even if you have to, God forbid, put your shampoo on the side of the tub.

I truly hope you have an outstanding cruise.

No, but SHELVES in the shower are not too much to ask IMHO. For a cruise line that claims "elegance", I find shampoo, etc. in dispensers on the wall tacky.

I've said before, I'm on this because for whatever reason it's the line my running coach and her husband do their Alaskan Running cruise on. I'm going for the running, the off-ship scenery, and hanging out with cool people. The ship in this case is only the means to get there - I just have a very different idea of "elegance" than HAL apparently does.

Edited by runnergirl71

No, but SHELVES in the shower are not too much to ask IMHO. For a cruise line that claims to be upscale, I find shampoo, etc. in dispensers on the wall tacky.

I've said before, I'm on this because for whatever reason it's the line my running coach and her husband do their Alaskan Running cruise on. I'm going for the running, the off-ship scenery, and hanging out with cool people. The ship is only the means to get there - I just have a very different idea of "upscale" than HAL apparently does.

I didn't find the dispensers tacky, they were quite handy. But I loved the bathtub, which most ships do not have in most cabins. (And with the bathtub you are able to put your stuff on the ledges at each end, and you don't need shelving.) Maybe that's the trade-off.

I didn't find the dispensers tacky' date=' they were quite handy. But I loved the bathtub, which most ships do not have in most cabins. (And with the bathtub you are able to put your stuff on the ledges at each end, and you don't need shelving.) Maybe that's the trade-off.[/quote']

If you like tubs. Not having one in my apartment (shower only), I can take or leave a tub. Shower is fine.

Of course I'm also used to a split bath, so...

It is what it is. I will enjoy ALASKA and the people I'm with and look forward to going "home" in February.

If you like tubs. Not having one in my apartment (shower only), I can take or leave a tub. Shower is fine.

Of course I'm also used to a split bath, so...

It is what it is. I will enjoy ALASKA and the people I'm with and look forward to going "home" in February.

I hope you have fun....I know you're dying to get back on Disney. Your posts have led me to look at them for a trip with my niece.

Having never been before, I'm looking forward to just being on a ship but I plan to try several lines if I live long enough and have money!

I hope you have fun....I know you're dying to get back on Disney. Your posts have led me to look at them for a trip with my niece.

Having never been before, I'm looking forward to just being on a ship but I plan to try several lines if I live long enough and have money!

Thanks! :)

You must be super excited leaving on Saturday!! Looking forward to your review!!

Thanks! :)

You must be super excited leaving on Saturday!! Looking forward to your review!!

I'm bouncing around the office - we get off at 6 and head to the airport.

There will not be a live from - I'm not taking the laptop, it's almost a withdrawal moment for me. Let me know if there's anything you want to see and I'll do my best! and leave it in good shape for you.

I'm bouncing around the office - we get off at 6 and head to the airport.

There will not be a live from - I'm not taking the laptop, it's almost a withdrawal moment for me. Let me know if there's anything you want to see and I'll do my best! and leave it in good shape for you.

I'll bet! I head to Seattle in three weeks and I'm already wanting to start packing!! (Having a cat, that won't happen as he will feel the need to "inspect" everything...)

I'm taking my laptop, but only plan to use it before the cruise internet-wise and on the cruise use it for uploading pics - no plans to pay for shippernet. :) I can't think of anything I haven't already seen pics of...just super excited to see Alaska and hang with new friends who "get" running. Haha!

No, but SHELVES in the shower are not too much to ask IMHO. For a cruise line that claims "elegance", I find shampoo, etc. in dispensers on the wall tacky.

I've said before, I'm on this because for whatever reason it's the line my running coach and her husband do their Alaskan Running cruise on. I'm going for the running, the off-ship scenery, and hanging out with cool people. The ship in this case is only the means to get there - I just have a very different idea of "elegance" than HAL apparently does.

Boy oh boy you are a cocky uppity one aren't you?

Boy oh boy you are a cocky uppity one aren't you?

No, not really. I am actually fairly low-key. I'm just not impressed with what I'm seeing so far and don't classify it as "elegance" which HAL uses in its ads. Maybe seeing it in person will change my mind - other than dispensers on the shower walls. THAT I will never consider "elegant".