B2B with Segmented Cruises Under One Confirmation Number

Disconnections

Hello everyone,

We just booked a 9 night sailing on the Caribbean Princess that is a back to back of a 4 and 5 night cruise. By any chance, will we receive two cruise credits as it would be two cruises or only one because of a single confirmation number? Thank you in advance to whoever is able to help.

We have booked a 14 day that is also sold as two 7 day cruises. We will get 2 credits according to our captain circle account.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

We have booked a 14 day that is also sold as two 7 day cruises. We will get 2 credits according to our captain circle account.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Thanks, dd57. I just checked my list of completed cruises under My Princess and it does show 2 credits and 9 days. I forgot that it listed the future cruises. Thanks for the reminder.

Edited by Disconnections

Hmmm, that must be something new. In the past, if a cruise could be booked as two B2B as well as one longer cruise, the cruise count depended on how it was booked. One booking number = 1 cruise (although I have heard of folks getting the second credit by asking the CC rep onboard.) 2 booking numbers = 2 cruises. Often there is a slight difference in price, and if one has FCC or OBC to use, the difference in cruise length often results in one option being preferable to the other.

Edited by cherylandtk

Hmmm, that must be something new. In the past, if a cruise could be booked as two B2B as well as one longer cruise, the cruise count depended on how it was booked. One booking number = 1 cruise. 2 booking numbers = 2 cruises. Often there is a slight difference in price, and if one has FCC or OBC to use, the difference in cruise length often results in one option being preferable to the other.

We are booked on CB as a 9 day cruise as it was less expensive than as a 5 and a 4 dayer but our personalizer is showing 2 credits.Even with the extra stockholder and $50 for more than 30 cruises,it was still less as a 9 dayer.

Hmmm, that must be something new. In the past, if a cruise could be booked as two B2B as well as one longer cruise, the cruise count depended on how it was booked. One booking number = 1 cruise (although I have heard of folks getting the second credit by asking the CC rep onboard.) 2 booking numbers = 2 cruises. Often there is a slight difference in price, and if one has FCC or OBC to use, the difference in cruise length often results in one option being preferable to the other.

Yes, it is new. Last cruise (April-June 2014) was booked the same way, a B2B booked as a single cruise. The on-line booking showed only one cruise credit. While on-board we asked the CC rep to correct it for two cruises and she said it would now happen automatically. She was right. Within a couple of days of disembarkation the record was updated to show two credits.

It seems based on post #3, now they enter cruises into the system in advance with the correct number.

And yes, you heard right, in the past we called in years after a B2B single booking and had it corrected to show two cruises. So, if you have any of these still in your record, call in!

And yes, you heard right, in the past we called in years after a B2B single booking and had it corrected to show two cruises. So, if you have any of these still in your record, call in!

That correction only goes back about five years. Before that it is still just one cruise.

My sister just booked the 9 day Caribbean Princess. She's wondering if she has to get off and back on after the five days' date=' even though she's booked as a nine day. Anyone know?[/quote']

If the turnaround is in a US port, yes. Foreign ports, not so sure. We didn't have to get off on turnaround day in Cape Town (although we did).

For the US it is only an immigration issue, there is no re-checkin for Princess. New Cruise Cards will be delivered the night before.

Edited by beg3yrs

If they are going to consider one booking number of a B2B as two cruises, does that mean two Elite minibars, two internet packages, etc?

Bingo! Two setups for the minibar and two sets of Internet minutes. Not only that, your unused Internet minutes from the first segment carry over onto the second.

Edited by beg3yrs

I have never had that happen. is that new as well?

It happened manually in 2012 on a B2B from Singapore to Vancouver on the Diamond Princess. You had to ask the Internet Manager for the rollover.

It happened automatically on our B2B from Singapore to Dover just two months ago on the Ocean Princess. It seemed the software has been updated to handle the rollover without human intervention.

It happened automatically on our B2B from Singapore to Dover just two months ago on the Ocean Princess. It seemed the software has been updated to handle the rollover without human intervention.

yay! I never thought to ask for it to be rolled over. my bad. :o

Bingo! Two setups for the minibar and two sets of Internet minutes. Not only that, your unused Internet minutes from the first segment carry over onto the second.

I have never had that happen. is that new as well?

On a b2b last year minutes rolled over but on the Golden in March they did not rollover. We asked the internet manager & he confirmed that minutes would not rollover to the 2nd cruise. It's just another example of the lack of standardization on Princess which happens too often. :(

The Captain's Circle Hostess on the Regal told us that everyone will now

automatically receive 2 credits when doing a B2B booked as 1 cruise; no need to request it. :-) I can vouch that ours appeared as soon as we returned home.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are booked on CB as a 9 day cruise as it was less expensive than as a 5 and a 4 dayer but our personalizer is showing 2 credits.Even with the extra stockholder and $50 for more than 30 cruises,it was still less as a 9 dayer.

Hmmm...we are booked on a 14 day b2b as one cruise and when I look at my credit in Princess it is showing only one credit for the 14 days since we booked as one cruise instead of 2.

If it is automatically doing it as 2 credits now then mine has malfunctioned. Will I need to ask someone on the ship or will it change after I get back from the cruise?

We did a B2B last May Beijing to Vancouver on the Diamond, booked as one cruise ( one booking number) received one credit, two mini bars set ups, one Internet package.........have booked B2B for January on the Sapphire, booked as one cruise( one booking number) two credits are showing in cruise history......so who knows what will happen this cruise re mini bar and internet, but might try and get the extra credit for the previous cruise as it will get my husband to Elite quicker:p

Thanks for the info everyone,

Chez

xx

Edited by cheznandy

We did a B2B last May Beijing to Vancouver, booked as one cruise ( one booking number) received one credit, two mini bars set ups, one Internet package.........have booked B2B for January on the Sapphire, booked as one cruise( one booking number) two credits are showing in cruise history......so who knows what will happen this cruise re mini bar and internet, but might try and get the extra credit for the previous cruise as it will get my husband to Elite quicker:p

Thanks for the info everyone,

Chez

xx

Call Princess and they will give you the second cruise credit for your cruise last May. I have done that several times and never had a problem

Call Princess and they will give you the second cruise credit for your cruise last May. I have done that several times and never had a problem

Thanks Paul, will do, hopefully our OZ Princess office is on the ball:rolleyes:

I am Elite, just checked hubby's and he will be 3 credits short of Elite after our next cruise.

Chez

xx

Currently I have sailed 4 times with Princess for a total of 39 days. I have booked a B2B cruise in March 2015 as one booking. Will this cruise count as 2 credits? Will I become a Platinum Member (i.e. 6th cruise) on the last half of my current booking?

We have gotten 2 credits for our B2Bs sold as one cruise. It may be automatic, but if not you can get the credit by talking to the Captain's circle person.

Last winter we booked a 14 day Caribbean that was really two 7 day cruises. At the end of the first cruise, we received Ruby cards for the second week. We went to see the Captain's circle guy as soon as the desk opened. He made a few entries into his computer and told us to go to Passenger services and tell them "Peter" said it was OK. Five minutes later, we had Platinum cards -with all the benefits thereof.