Shampoo & Hair Dryer/Ours or the Ship's?

TheDivineMrsM

What cruise line are you referring to? Best to ask on the board for that cruise line, but most cruise lines I am familiar with provide shampoo and other toiletries as well as blow dryers. Some think the on board blow dryers are not strong enough for thick hair.

I always bring my own EVERYTHING for my hair....what is provided is probably ok for men, but for women who care what their hair looks like, bring what works for you! The hairdryer does NOT blow very hard, so I bring mine, as well!

Edited by cb at sea

We are sailing on Royal Caribbean, and thanks for the tip, I will ask on that forum for advice.

Royal Caribbean provides a small bar of soap at the sink and a dispenser in the shower with shampoo/conditioner in it. This will be in the standard cabins. If you are in a suite then you get little bottles. Anyway I bring my own shampoo and conditioner but this is a personal preference. There are hair dryers in the rooms and although many women say they are weak I have always used them and found them just fine for drying my hair.

Do we bother to take our own shampoo and hair conditioner, or just use what's provided on the ship?

What about a hair dryer? Take one or use the ship one?

We bring our own shampoo, conditioner and hair dryer.

My hair has color on it so I bring the shampoo that protects the color. My daughter gets the Brazilian Blowout so she brings sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. I am fine with the ships hair dryer. She brings her own. I have a Grandson who cruises. He's in college. He says he's fine with the goop in the dispenser..lol.