Exceptionally fast respose to sharholder benefit request

cruiseidaho

I just fax it in - wait 10 minutes - and then call Princess. I give them the phone number of the fax line I used and they apply the credit immediately and email me a confirmation right then. It seems to me to be the best way. Why wait and wonder if they got it or if they are going to process it? Just fax it, wait 10 minutes, and call.

You're very fortunate that your Shareholder OBC gets added on to your cruise personaliser so quickly.

I emailed my holding and cruise details over a week ago to the UK department and after reading this thread I just rang them. I have been told to wait until 4 weeks prior to my cruise departure date and if it's not shown by then to chance up again:confused:

Beware UK passengers,

Pj

Further to my earlier post on this message board, guess what! I received an email from the Benefits Team and they have allocated our shareholder OBC.

Why oh why did they tell me this morning to wait til 4 weeks???

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Right, no confirmation except it shows up on your personalizer. I believe that they also send a confirmation to your TA if you do use one.

One improvement is that now they do send an e-mail if you do something incorrectly. Our stockbroker sent in a letter that we owned 100 shares of Carnival stock. I received an e-mail that this was not sufficient to receive the credit. I had him send in the page of our statement showing our Carnival stock holding with our account number deleted, and the credit showed up that very same day. The first time, years ago, we applied for the credit, our account number was not deleted. I was never notified of the problem. It was only when I called and asked if they had received the request that I found it was just thrown out because it contained that information. (We did get the credit when it was redone properly.)

Is the requirement 100 shares of either Carnival or Princess stock? Does it make a difference, except in stock purchase price I assume. Do both my husband and I both need to own 100 shares each to receive credit? thanks!

Is the requirement 100 shares of either Carnival or Princess stock?
What do you mean by Princess stock? You can't invest specifically in Princess, you can only buy shares in the parent company, either under Carnival Corporation (CCL) or Carnival plc (CUK). Then you can claim the shareholder benefit whenever you cruise on Carnival, Princess, HAL, Costa, P&O, Cunard, etc. as long as the program continues. Edited by hawkeyetlse

Is the requirement 100 shares of either Carnival or Princess stock? Does it make a difference, except in stock purchase price I assume. Do both my husband and I both need to own 100 shares each to receive credit? thanks!

There is no Princess stock. Carnival Corporation (CCL) ownes both Princess and Carnival as well as other cruise lines.

Only one person in a cabin needs to be a shareholder in order to receive the benefit. There will be only one benefit if two cabinmates are shareholders.

Lew

Thank you.I have just seen that I will have to buy 100shares at over £2000 each..is that correct? .mmmmmm

You are correct that you need to buy 100 shares in Carnival CCL and the price at closure today in the UK is 2145p or £21-45p per share so an overall investment of £2145 for 100 shares.

Thank you MajorTom.I read it as that but my husband ( who is pretty good with shares,money etc) read it differently.We have only had 3 cruises one with Princess,one with Cunard and one with Disney.I foresee us using Cunard again and we have a Princess cruise in August so it may be worth me buying shares..

Although there is no guarantee that the OBC will be available after July 2015..

Edited by janecambridge

Thank you MajorTom.I read it as that but my husband ( who is pretty good with shares,money etc) read it differently. We have only had 3 cruises one with Princess,one with Cunard and one with Disney.I foresee us using Cunard again and we have a Princess cruise in August so it may be worth me buying shares..

Although there is no guarantee that the OBC will be available after July 2015..

There is no guarantee, but they have been renewing the guarantee every year for a very long time. I think you will be safe counting on it to continue.

I foresee us using Cunard again and we have a Princess cruise in August so it may be worth me buying shares..
The stock also pays dividends, currently $1/share annually (subject to change, of course). So your shares will hopefully make a little cash for you even when you're not cruising.

Testing their speed :) Faxed Thursday morning, nothing yet.

Faxed in 2 requests today at 1:45pm, checked personalizer at 2:15pm and the OBCs were already there.

Great job Princess.....thanks!!

Faxed in 2 requests today at 1:45pm, checked personalizer at 2:15pm and the OBCs were already there.

Great job Princess.....thanks!!

You're lucky - two days and nothing here. I would think if there's something they don't like about the application, they'd let the person know.

Edited by TwoBadKnees

You're lucky - two days and nothing here. I would think if there's something they don't like about the application, they'd let the person know.

My experience is that sometimes requests get "lost" & since you haven't been issued your OBC would suggest calling Princess. They will ask for the phone number you faxed from and the date and time in an effort to locate your submission. If they're unable to locate it they'll ask you to resubmit it & it has been quickly issued.

My experience is that sometimes requests get "lost" & since you haven't been issued your OBC would suggest calling Princess. They will ask for the phone number you faxed from and the date and time in an effort to locate your submission. If they're unable to locate it they'll ask you to resubmit it & it has been quickly issued.

Thanks - I'll give them a little more time since they technically say two weeks, but it is a little annoying when they are not processed in order of submission.

So many said the process was fast, I thought I'd check how fast since my cruise is coming up.

Thanks - I'll give them a little more time since they technically say two weeks, but it is a little annoying when they are not processed in order of submission.

So many said the process was fast, I thought I'd check how fast since my cruise is coming up.

With your cruise coming up you may want to call them at this phone number: 800 872 6779 ext. 30317

With your cruise coming up you may want to call them at this phone number: 800 872 6779 ext. 30317

Agreed.....no need to wait.

Give them a call and they're usually able to credit your OBC while you're on the phone with them. As someone else said, sometimes your submission gets "lost".

I kinda wonder if they've implemented some sort of system that can do some automated processing of things. Obviously they'd have to have something that can recognize at least certain types of forms from brokerages or something, but some of the response times seem suspiciously quick, and oddly timed (like over the weekend). Or maybe they use some sort of automated processing on people that have had verified submissions before, and they spot check them periodically? Don't know.