Wow, it pays to check prices after booking...

NauticalOne

I booked our Jaunuary 2015 10 day Southern Caribbean on Royal in March of this year. I check prices now and then (every couple of weeks) and was able to save about $70.00 per person about a month ago because of a price drop. I just checked again and saw a sale going on showing that our cabin (balcony on the Caribe deck) was going for $190.00 per person less. I called Princess to see if I could get that price and not only did I get that price, but even saved a little more because of being Platinum. The website showed the cabin at $1559.00 per person and she quoted me $1509.00 per person. Not bad since when I originally booked in March I was paying $1869.00 per person. I lost $50.00 per person OBC because of the rebooking, but that is small change with a $360.00 per person price drop since booking. :)

I like the general fare reductions but I'm hesitant to get one with a nonrefundable, nontransferable deposit unless it's closer to final payment. Unlike airfares, it's great that we're able to get cruise fare price reductions. :D

I like the general fare reductions but I'm hesitant to get one with a nonrefundable, nontransferable deposit unless it's closer to final payment. Unlike airfares, it's great that we're able to get cruise fare price reductions. :D
I have gotten airfare reductions using Princess EzAir. Last year after I had made final payment for the Royal TA and more recently for an upcoming cruise next April.

I have gotten airfare reductions using Princess EzAir. Last year after I had made final payment for the Royal TA and more recently for an upcoming cruise next April.

That's great & it's possible with eZAir but not with most airlines.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I agree it really is worth keeping an eye on the price.

We originally booked with Princess direct, but I noticed the price cheaper on an online site + OBC a few days after booking, I asked Princess and they couldn't match it, so cancelled and rebooked with an online agent and saved a few hundred dollars

(We had originally booked with a $100 deposit, so we had to pay the full deposit on the new booking (which remained refundable) to get the discounted price.

Then a few weeks later I saw on line that there was a significant price drop (not listed as a sale or anything) so rang the online TA and they applied the reduced price no problems.

All up since booking the price has decreased by $750 + $85 OBC added (total not each). $835. price drop total.

I rang one other time when I saw a price drop but the conditions stated it was for new bookings only, but in the end I bettered that price anyway so all good.

Keep checking and keep ringing them when you see a reduction, worst case they say no, best case you get a further discount!

Edited by raks

I agree it really is worth keeping an eye on the price.

We originally booked with Princess direct, but I noticed the price cheaper on an online site + OBC a few days after booking, I asked Princess and they couldn't match it, so cancelled and rebooked with an online agent and saved a few hundred dollars

(We had originally booked with a $100 deposit, so we had to pay the full deposit on the new booking (which remained refundable) to get the discounted price.

You should not have had to cancel your booking. Many agents can simply "take over" or transfer an existing Princess booking. I do it all the time and so do many others on this forum. Even the deposit (assuming it's a Future Cruise Credit to which you refer) transfers.

Next time go that route, it's much simpler. If your agent can't or won't do that, get a new agent.

You should not have had to cancel your booking. Many agents can simply "take over" or transfer an existing Princess booking. I do it all the time and so do many others on this forum. Even the deposit (assuming it's a Future Cruise Credit to which you refer) transfers.

Next time go that route, it's much simpler. If your agent can't or won't do that, get a new agent.

Thanks, first time cruiser so learning as I go. I have since read about transferring the booking. It wasn't a Future Cruise Credit....I am not sure what that is, (newbie ignorance), Princess was offering a reduced deposit of $100 promotion at time of booking. They refunded the deposit when I cancelled.

There is a website that will notify you if there is a price change. Google it for more info. I think it costs 50 cents per notification. They don't expire, they just run out. Each cruise we book, I check to be sure I have a couple $ in my account. :)

We use that site and another one to check prices and cabins. We get a daily email.

Do you use the one that shows actual pictures of cabins that people have uploaded? I love that one! It costs a few dollars to join, but if you upload a few of your cabin pics, you get it back! :)

We use a website called (cruise fish dot net). You pay like $10 for up to 10 cruises. You put in your sailing info (ship, date, price of cabin). It then monitors it for you, and everytime there is a price drop, you get an email. We have three booked cruises right now, so it keeps us from having to check multiple websites multiple times per week. It has saved me thousands of $$$ via price drops. Well worth the $10

Edited by bassmaster150

I booked our Jaunuary 2015 10 day Southern Caribbean on Royal in March of this year. I check prices now and then (every couple of weeks) and was able to save about $70.00 per person about a month ago because of a price drop. I just checked again and saw a sale going on showing that our cabin (balcony on the Caribe deck) was going for $190.00 per person less. I called Princess to see if I could get that price and not only did I get that price, but even saved a little more because of being Platinum. The website showed the cabin at $1559.00 per person and she quoted me $1509.00 per person. Not bad since when I originally booked in March I was paying $1869.00 per person. I lost $50.00 per person OBC because of the rebooking, but that is small change with a $360.00 per person price drop since booking. :)

You're lucky. I keep looking but the price on my Royal 20 day Jan 18, 2015

has not gone down. Actually it is now up $75 each.

It is such a wonderful feeling when you have got a good deal. We were able to upgrade from a balcony to a mini suite and still saved $200 per person for our upcoming Christmas cruise. Will make us enjoy it even more!