BOGOHO sale ends, large increase in prices?

Our 2015 cruise was booked during the BOGOHO sale, and now the price has increased EXACTLY the amount discounted for the HO. The first passenger's price is the same.

That's what has happened to all of our 2015/16 cruises.

Back in April, we booked a D5 balcony stateroom on the Oasis sailing 1/31/15. Paid a total of $1,882 for TWO ppl including taxes AND pre-paid gratuities! Also received $100 OBC when I transferred the booking to a TA. The price has continuously increased since then. I checked the other day and the price for the same cat is up to $3,279!! Booking early certainly paid off!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes the bogoho was a good sail

Will have to wait till next good sail comes around and just keep looking for specials on Sundays

Noted a few cruises that

Just outright doubled and some

Pays to be vigilant

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with those who think RCCL should get on another really good sale soon. Seems as though it will defeat their purpose, if high prices force customers to look at the competitor's sailings for savings.

That would be the case for us. Missed out on Oasis sale, we'll move on quickly to something else.

That sounds like a ridiculous price. I'm starting to think they have some issues with their pricing software.

I think it's probably based on some sort of algorithm like the airlines use. There was so much demand when the BOGOHO sale started that the software must have adjusted prices so that the ship wouldn't sell out months in advance.

On the flip slide, these inflated prices will create lackluster new bookings, not to mention many cruisers have already "loaded the boat". The same forces that drove prices up, will drive them back down.

I hope they change soon...we are looking at a March 2015 cruise and would most likely sail something else at this time. We would like to compare apples to apples and can't do so at the current prices. We paid $3,800 last year same week for a balcony and promenade on Indy....two in each room. Same cruise 2015 for a balcony and inside (promenade not available) is $6,800. We looked at the Freedom and it is $7,500 for the same set up we had on Indy. These prices are certainly crazy right now.

I saw the same increase after that sale. I have two booked and was looking at the Brilliance for april. Agency I deal with showed same price but offered a on board credit but no tips. Checked on moch booking and loads of D2 and for a week when sail was on the same 15 were still offered. The price from Royal has gone up, the same cabins still on site, but now my agency offers more obc and also tips for D2. If these rooms haven't sold with the sale, they are not going to be gobbled up at the new high prices. There will be another sale forthcoming.

I know I can't believe the price increase cause I have a b2b in Oct 2015 on indpendence and can't believe just the price increase for the second week that it is more by $300 :eek: for 2 of us for both weeks when we got it! I am sooo happy that I got it when I did. I got mine the first day of the sale. So for the two weeks it make a $3000 increase between the two weeks.

I hope they change soon...we are looking at a March 2015 cruise and would most likely sail something else at this time. We would like to compare apples to apples and can't do so at the current prices. We paid $3,800 last year same week for a balcony and promenade on Indy....two in each room. Same cruise 2015 for a balcony and inside (promenade not available) is $6,800. We looked at the Freedom and it is $7,500 for the same set up we had on Indy. These prices are certainly crazy right now.

You might want to book something with a competitor while selection of cabins decent and then monitor both competitor and RCCL rates before final payment. The new princess ship still stops at a private island, think the Regal started sailing this year, could be worth considering.

Prices are really high, our cabin increased $400 and I'm sailing interior 😱😱

I have never seen prices so high when sailing is more than 12 months away

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just yesterday I called and booked a back to back cruise next February on the Oasis. I had been looking at this for a while and was sad to see how much the price had gone up. I am doing this to celebrate my retirement earlier that month and booked it anyway. I will be watching to see if it drops at all.

I should pay more attention to sales. :o