Which balcony category is the best for Freedom?

All D cabins are the same size and are 15 sq ft larger than the E cabins. The D cabins have a sofa and the E cabins have a love seat.

D1 and E1 cabins hold more than 2 guests while the D2 and E2 cabins hold only 2 guests.

Many have reported noise from above on deck 10 cabins as it is public space above.

Freedom class has some very large balconies at the very aft of the ship.

Try for cabin 1400 or 1700. Both are classed as a D1 cabin but they are almost the size of a Junior Suite and have a large balcony.

All D cabins are the same size and are 15 sq ft larger than the E cabins. The D cabins have a sofa and the E cabins have a love seat.

D1 and E1 cabins hold more than 2 guests while the D2 and E2 cabins hold only 2 guests.

Many have reported noise from above on deck 10 cabins as it is public space above.

Freedom class has some very large balconies at the very aft of the ship.

Try for cabin 1400 or 1700. Both are classed as a D1 cabin but they are almost the size of a Junior Suite and have a large balcony.

My friends have an E2 aft corner with 3 people so some will accommodate. 3.

We have a D1 booked on Freedom, cabin 1310, do u think that's a good cabin? Its 2 adults and 2 kids. Its a balcony room.

Yes, I would be happy with that stateroom. Reasonably close to the elevator/stairs.

Ha ha! I was fully prepared to scoff at this thread.... but thanks for the answer! I really didn't know that some had love seats and some had full couches!

Thanks for the response! :o

D1 all the way. We sailed in May and had room 1610 on deck 10. We had no noise issues in regards to the pool. During the day you could hear some music, but otherwise it was the best location we have had outside of being on the hump. We were one flight down from the WJ and 2 flights to the kids club. The biggest balcony we have ever had as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Or... if you could get 7408 or 7708, go for it! Very large aft (E1) balcony... The inside is standard, but the balcony itself more than makes up for it!:

e428f6aa34ba52f61a005fecea89f6bd_zpsb527b240.jpg

dbb3334c842de528b105d4cf983a72b1_zps0d414bd7.jpg

Edited by APDMOM
add second pic

Maybe I misunderstood which October you meant. This is for Oct 2015:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/FR/2015-may/fr_deck06_v2015_may.pdf

I'm sorry, I should have specified. Interesting, do you know why it's different next year versus this year? Or what the different category means? Is it normal for the categories to change like this? I really appreciate all your help.

I'm sorry, I should have specified. Interesting, do you know why it's different next year versus this year? Or what the different category means? Is it normal for the categories to change like this? I really appreciate all your help.

Anything is "normal" for Royal.:rolleyes:

Lately, they have been changing categories based on occupancy. Usually the higher ocupancy staterooms are the lower numbers, such as E1 or D1. I don't know why your stateroom changed from an E2 to an E3.

Thanks to everyone for taking time to answer my questions. The answers are GREAT and will help a lot. :)

This is the kind of information that is VERY hard to get from RCI but CC came through again! :D Hope to sail with some of you soon! ;)

I'm sailing RCCL for the first time next October and my reservation says we have an E3 balcony stateroom, 6296. Where does it fall as I didn't see it listed above as an option?

If I were you, I would switch cabins, since it is so far out. First, as another poster has mentioned, deck 6 could be more noisy with the promenade right below (not necessarily, but it is more common when you don't have cabins above or below). Second, your cabin is far from the elevators.

Here is what I would recommend:

1. If you don't mind the potential noise on deck 6, at least move to one of the highly sought after "hump" cabins - Look on the deck plans and choose any cabin between 6334 and 6346 (even numbers only). You can research more about hump cabins on these boards.

2. If you are concerned about potential noise on deck 6, move up a deck or 2. I would personally look at 8320, 8322, or 8324. They are not connecting, and closer to the elevators.

Since your cruise is so far out, you should be able to change within the same category without penalty (some TA's may charge a fee - just make sure).

Enjoy planning! :)