Most affordable option for family of 5, balcony with loungers?

For Freedom/Oasis/quantum class : what would be the most affordable option to allow us to be able to lay on a lounger on balcony (or something similar to a lounger like a chair and footstool), but be able to accommodate 5?

From what I can tell it would be th most affordable options would be either a Royal Family suite, or a Grand suite with a connecting balcony room. I don't think junior suites would have the balcony to allow a lounger would it?

No...JS's won't have loungers. Look at an aft balcony cabin on Freedom class....the balconies are MUCH deeper than others, and can accomodate a lounger or two. Check the deck plans...while not "to scale", the larger looking balconies ARE larger!

No...JS's won't have loungers. Look at an aft balcony cabin on Freedom class....the balconies are MUCH deeper than others, and can accomodate a lounger or two. Check the deck plans...while not "to scale", the larger looking balconies ARE larger!

Our Jr Suite on Freedom had a lounger and a chair with the footstool. It was mid-ship.

Having said that, I don't think they'll allow that many in the room, but I could be wrong.

Edited by StarSong2001

Our Jr Suite on Freedom had a lounger and a chair with the footstool. It was mid-ship.

Having said that, I don't think they'll allow that many in the room, but I could be wrong.

Our JSs have always had that as well. Two adjoining ones would work and the balconies could likely be opened as well. That would be more affordable than a RFS in most cases.

For Freedom/Oasis/quantum class : what would be the most affordable option to allow us to be able to lay on a lounger on balcony (or something similar to a lounger like a chair and footstool), but be able to accommodate 5?

From what I can tell it would be th most affordable options would be either a Royal Family suite, or a Grand suite with a connecting balcony room. I don't think junior suites would have the balcony to allow a lounger would it?

On Freedom class, the ideal would be Deck 7 or Deck 10 side by side Junior Suites. Or even a JS connected to a D1.

fr_deck07_v2013_apr.giffr_deck10_v2013_apr.gif

Edited by Merion_Mom

D1 rooms on Deck 10 aft 1400, 1402, 1404, 1700,1702, 1704. They all sleep 3, have huge balconies with loungers. two rooms = two bathrooms and lowest cost. Lots of threads on these rooms

Don't know about Freedom, but we had 5 in an Aft JS on Brilliance. My husband, myself, two adult daughters and 6 year old granddaughter. There were two loungers, two chairs, and a good sized table on the balcony. We used the walk-in closet as a changing room. Had plenty of room and didn't feel crowded at all. Got it for less than $500.00 pp, including all taxes, etc.

Having seen a Grand suite on a Freedom class and spoken to the people using it. They thought it was very good for them (two parents and three teens) and cheaper than two smaller rooms. Basically the balcony is the size of two regular balconies. So room for loungers. As long as everyone doesn't mind sharing the same space for sleeping. The rest depends on pricing and availability. Keeping in mind the added benefits for having a full suite when comparing against a JS.

Having seen a Grand suite on a Freedom class and spoken to the people using it. They thought it was very good for them (two parents and three teens) and cheaper than two smaller rooms. Basically the balcony is the size of two regular balconies. So room for loungers. As long as everyone doesn't mind sharing the same space for sleeping. The rest depends on pricing and availability. Keeping in mind the added benefits for having a full suite when comparing against a JS.

Didn't think the Grand Suites slept 5

Didn't think the Grand Suites slept 5

Besides the king bed, there was the pull-out sofa and at least one cot.

Looking back at the roll-call for that cruise I see it was 1578 on Indy.

Edited by TBone2K

• 2 weeks later...

I've stayed in the Royal Family Suite on Freedom and I have to say "sweet". Two bathrooms (one with shower only/one with shower-tub combo), two bedrooms, a living room with a fold out couch and 4 loungers + 4 chairs and a dining table on the large patio (aka "balcony") outside. 3 TV's too with access to DVD library Or bring your own. Concierge lounge, reserved seats for shows (including ice show) and other nice perks - like priority tender (nice when the line for Cocoa Cay winds up to the 5th floor and all you have to do is go down and show your card). First two do pay a premium price, but other 3 are at a greatly reduced price. Jr suite will not give you suite privileges either. Need to call for pricing. Almost forgot about ordering from MDR menu for room service (when MDR is open). Expanded breakfast/lunch or sunset dinner on balcony (?) priceless!!:D

Not so. Our standard size hump balcony on Explorer several cruises back had two lounge style chairs with foot rests, two standard chairs, and a small table on it.

See attached pics.

100_0171.jpg.d38500f596aaa480edfbbf410aa592f8.jpg

100_0172.jpg.4253eb91cdc426f8c852a9d509410bdf.jpg