New format for Elite breakfast, at least on Equinox. Started today 28 june

cruisestitch

I prefer the mini buffet where you can pick what you like. We use sanitizer and hand wash so do not mind touching the serving tongs

I take meds that react w/grapefruit so do not want that on my platter, dh is a no for onions, etc etc... and how long will food sit in the back on these pre plated selections...

leave it alone! Use of menus (which can also spread germs) and table service will require increased staff or more likely slow things down quite a bit...

But using hand sanitiser and washing your hands won't protect you from germs on tongs if the person ahead of you had has germs on their hands. I use a napkin to hold tongs or if I have to touch them I wash or sanitise my hands again afterwards. This is one of the reasons I hate buffets that and the fact that sometimes people touch the food with bare hands :(

Thanks for the updates Cruisestitch. I suspect Celebrity will be watching guest reaction, to decide whether this is the plan that sticks. If not, perhaps more tweaking is to come.

Just back from the Summit yesterday. I liked the menu idea. Only 160 elites on board so I'm not sure how it will work with 700. I found it much more relaxing. The drinks were on the menu too so new elites will know what's available. My husband and I shared by one ordering a cheese plate and the other ordering the fruit plate, and one ordered the pastries. It worked out fine. It's my understanding that now it has been "perfected" on the Summit, it is being rolled out on all the ships.

We had a great cruise.

Cynthia

Just back from the Summit yesterday. I liked the menu idea. Only 160 elites on board so I'm not sure how it will work with 700. I found it much more relaxing. The drinks were on the menu too so new elites will know what's available. My husband and I shared by one ordering a cheese plate and the other ordering the fruit plate, and one ordered the pastries. It worked out fine. It's my understanding that now it has been "perfected" on the Summit, it is being rolled out on all the ships.

We had a great cruise.

Cynthia

That sounds nice. I'm not a fan of buffets due to the unsanitary habits of some people. This sounds very relaxing. No matter the system Celebrity will not be able to find a system to satisfy everyone.

Likely on the transatlantics with 700 elites, they will have to use multiple dining areas for the elite breakfast. It's another good reason to book aqua on those cruises....breakfast in blu then go just stop by the elite breakfast for good coffee.

Likely on the transatlantics with 700 elites, they will have to use multiple dining areas for the elite breakfast. It's another good reason to book aqua on those cruises....breakfast in blu then go just stop by the elite breakfast for good coffee.

Well I guess I will experience this in Nov. with 700 other Elites. Very nice that good coffee is offered .. but still no good tea , just the bad stuff they have at the buffet. Not sailing Aqua this time.

All this fuss...

This is just lite meal unless Celeb is trying to pull more from the buffet area.....many just stop in for coffee and a danish..

on Royal C Oasis ( not our fav ship) they did a great job with this Diamond coffee area...key card pass into pvt area....everything was on large buffet table....get your own goodies and coffee.,fresh everything,,.

. This was in more of a lounge with couches, little tables, similar to Michaels Club on M class.(where they used to do this coffee break) Royal also had a nice balcony area too so you could take your coffee and sit awhile. Or socialize...very nice, Diamond Hostess was everpresent...had a small desk and related to all the guests and their needs..,book8ng res checking on shows and excursions....it was a nice way to start the day....

Seems Celeb has turned this into a big project when their efforts could be better spent elsewhere!

:eek:I used to love the salmon locks for breakfast and my champagne and coffees with a zip or a bloody Mary. Did they take those freebees away? If so, why? That's half the reason I book the cruise.

I don't want anyone pre-plating anything for me. I like high end food, and expect that in an Elite Plus breakfast room. Call me a snob, ok, but Celebrity is supposed to be one step up, not down.

You start loosing the small things like this, and go cheap, you will start to loose all of us too. Celebrity needs to cater to the people who cruise a lot, not go cheap on them. What I am hearing is scary. I haven't cruised since last September, before the changes, and don't go again until this September on 4 more before the end of the year for 50 days of sailing. Please don't go cheap, Celebrity

What makes you think they are going cheap? Seems like having someone serve the breakfast is a lot more upscale than a buffet. Did they do away with the salmon locks or the champagne or the bloody Mary's? Edited by NLH Arizona

Curious about where Celeb will be getting the waitstaff to service this at proper levels?

Esp with staff cutbacks.

...our next cruise is not until Nov....hope it works out.

ps folks, it is "lox" , nova or smoked salmon..I have it for breakfast at home on a half bagel

Edited by hcat

:eek:I used to love the salmon locks for breakfast and my champagne and coffees with a zip or a bloody Mary. Did they take those freebees away? If so, why? That's half the reason I book the cruise.

I don't want anyone pre-plating anything for me. I like high end food, and expect that in an Elite Plus breakfast room. Call me a snob, ok, but Celebrity is supposed to be one step up, not down.

You start loosing the small things like this, and go cheap, you will start to loose all of us too. Celebrity needs to cater to the people who cruise a lot, not go cheap on them. What I am hearing is scary. I haven't cruised since last September, before the changes, and don't go again until this September on 4 more before the end of the year for 50 days of sailing. Please don't go cheap, Celebrity

Not sure how you see this as being cheap. You're now being served. Where is this a step "down"? This is going to be more labor intensive for X. Also how do you know that Lox is no longer available? I don't see anything as being lost and I doubt they lose too many over a change like this.

Edited by cruisingator2

It's all still there, but on a menu. Same food and drink choices.

We were on the Connie in Norway in June/July. Elite breakfast was in the Tuscon Grille vice Oceanliners. Very nice and never over 1/2 full. Anyway, we like the buffet. We don't eat that much, and ordering plates, even if shared, would be a waste. One thing about cruises, we don't have to eat the same thing--so sharing is not in our interests. On the Connie, just the morning drink service took longer in most cases, because the waiters do chat up the elites (and vice versa) and most people don't order just a regular coffee.

I wonder why they don't wrap the individual items or groups of items in plastic wrap and set them out on the buffet. That way you would not have a problem.(unless people started unwrapping them). It would certainly take less time and allow those of us who just want a Danish to get that item. They could serve off of a menu, as well, if someone wanted that. Personally, I mainly want a mimosa. ;)

[quote name='tikigal']:eek:I used to love the salmon locks for breakfast and my champagne and coffees with a zip or a bloody Mary. Did they take those freebees away? If so, why? That's half the reason I book the cruise.

You start loosing the small things like this, and go cheap, you will start to loose all of us too. Celebrity needs to cater to the people who cruise a lot, not go cheap on them. What I am hearing is scary. I haven't cruised since last September, before the changes, and don't go again until this September on 4 more before the end of the year for 50 days of sailing. Please don't go cheap, Celebrity[/QUOTE]

On the Eclipse 5/19 July and the Elite breakfast in Tuscan was the usual buffet, lovely fresh fruit and yogurts, salmon, cheeses, etc. fruit smoothies, coffees and champagne for those who wanted it. Excellent service which we almost missed because we had read about the plated dishes.
We never noted any passengers handling food or sneezing, etc over the buffet. I really dislike the main buffet - one sitting whilst others walk round, everyone up,cdown,up down during the meal. Wonderful to be able to take advantage of the Elite breakfast where we can all go for our food whilst coffee is being served to our table.
Excellent service from staff on Eclipse.

[quote name='coldweathergirl']Celebrity, if you're reading......I'm not sure if I'm the only one here that would like it but I wish they would have hard boiled eggs at the elite "coffee break" breakfast. I rarely indulge in pastries and breads.[/QUOTE]

I would love to see hard boiled eggs!!! I don't eat pastries for breakfast either

I'll also join in on the hard boiled egg request.

Let's see, I would like 2 pieces of cantaloupe, 2 watermelon, 2 slices of meat, 2 slices of cheese and they believe bringing me a fruit plate and meat and cheese plate will cut down on waste.

[quote name='westlakegirl']tiki gal, all the same drinks are available as before.[/quote]

[SIZE="3"]I hope they still have the mango smoothies:)[/SIZE] Edited by nikel

[quote name='Jenna109']Definitely on Eclipse[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Great... I'll be there in November. They tasted much better there than the ones in Blu:)[/SIZE] Edited by nikel