Big announcement from Michael Bayley -- double captains club points for singles!!!

cruisestitch

Thanks to Celebrity for making this happen. Very welcome news for Solo Cruisers ! With Royal making this change not too long ago, I always suspected that Celebrity would follow. Glad it's now a reality !

Thanks to Celebrity for making this happen. Very welcome news for Solo Cruisers ! With Royal making this change not too long ago, I always suspected that Celebrity would follow. Glad it's now a reality !

Andy,

Can you confirm the start date?

Thanks alot for your help,

Anne

Hi all,

Here is some additional information:

Based on feedback from our single travelers, Captains Club is happy to announce that we will begin offering "Double Club Points" when you sail with us as a single traveler paying double occupancy (200%) for your cruise fare. We greatly appreciate feedback and suggestions from our loyalty members to help us make positive improvements to our program offerings. The new 'Double Club Points" will be credited for sailings that began on or after July 1, 2014.

Hi all,

Based on feedback from our single travelers, Captains Club is happy to announce that we will begin offering "Double Club Points" when you sail with us as a single traveler paying double occupancy (200%) for your cruise fare. We greatly appreciate feedback and suggestions from our loyalty members to help us make positive improvements to our program offerings. The new 'Double Club Points" will be credited for sailings that began on or after July 1, 2014.

Thank you very, very much!

Hi all,

Thank you for the update Celebrity. Kudos on the welcome decision, and on the back dating to July 1, 2014. Well done !

Hi all,

This topic really doesn't apply to me, but I want to be able to give accurate information to my friends who travel alone. I notice that you use the 200% number. Does that mean if a single pays less than 200%, as sometimes offered in an Exciting Deal, they will not receive the double points. Are there any other potential limitations?

This is good news, but frankly I'd prefer to not have to pay 200% rather than to get extra points when I do.

The solo price actually MORE than 200% a lot of the time...try looking at any cruise on a travel agency website or Celebrity's website, notice the per-passenger price listed when selecting for 2 passengers in the cabin...then change it to 1 passenger in the cabin and the price more than doubles. For example, I was looking at the Eclipse 2014 fall transatlantic and it is advertised for $1199 for a balcony cabin. But, when I put in 1 passenger the price is $2798. So I guess I ought to actually get more than double points if I book that cruise?

Still, this change is definitely better than nothing! :)

Hi Celebrity,

I'd like to ask about Captains Club point promotions. When you offer them, you receive 25 points, and 50 points when booking a Suite. If I were to book as a Solo, would I then receive double on the promo points ?

Thanks very much !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Celebrity,

I'd like to ask about Captains Club point promotions. When you offer them, you receive 25 points, and 50 points when booking a Suite. If I were to book as a Solo, would I then receive double on the promo points ?

Thanks very much !

IMHO: I think you should if you are paying the 200% threshold. Appears that the @00% is the operative number for getting double points. I hope that Celebrity Cruises will clarify.

Therefore my and I should tell them that we are single and are brother and sister and not married so we can get double points. :rolleyes:
Yes, certainly you can each get double points if you each book your own cabin. It doesn't matter in the slightest whether or not you are married, or even related. ;)

Yes, certainly you can each get double points if you each book your own cabin. It doesn't matter in the slightest whether or not you are married, or even related. ;)

Hmm how can i convince my husband to get his own cabin? LOL I've said for years that we each need our own LOL

Hi all,

Thanks for the clarification. Glad to see it will apply to all my upcoming booked cruises. This is really a win-win for everybody. Doesn't cost Celebrity any money and helps take the sting out of paying 200% for the cabin for singles.

Therefore my and I should tell them that we are single and are brother and sister and not married so we can get double points. :rolleyes:

Happy sailing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

If I read what you said correctly, you'd tell them you sleep with your sister to get extra club points? :eek: :rolleyes:

I think you missed the content. That's for ONE person in a stateroom paying the 200% single penalty. I'm sure if you took two staterooms with the 200% fee per stateroom, they'd be more than happy to give you the extra club points. :p

@Don.......thanks for the kind words. I guess it applies to my upcoming

cruise in November then.

It will apply to any cruise after July 1, 2014 if you paid 200% for your cabin. Hope to see you in Michael's Club sooner rather than later.

I started cruising on Celebrity when a cruise earned you one credit. It didn't matter if you sailed on a short cruise or long cruise or whether you were in the penthouse or inside cabin. One point per cruise. 10 credits = 10 cruises needed for elite status. It was simple. If you got to elite , you had completed 10 or more cruises. That said that you were loyal to Celebrity. It wasn't based on how much money you spent. Now that the length of cruise and type of cabin determines how many points you earn on a cruise, it seems to be more based on how much money you spent on a Celebrity cruise....or is it? It has also evolved into a monetary type value for points or a selling promotion. It has become so confusing as to what is the true purpose of this point system. Many people on this thread seem to feel that if you spend more money, you deserve more points. Is that really the aim of a loyalty program? If it is, then giving solo cruisers double points makes sense. Afterall, paying double is worth something. We all know that cruises sell at a various prices at different times. If one person books at a high price and another books the same cruise at a lower price, do they deserve the same number of points? If they are in the same category cabin, they get the same points. That contradicts the notion that people who pay more should get more points. I have been elite for many years. I will probably hit elite + in a few years. The perks for elite + are not thrilling. A free latte which I can buy for $5 and some more free internet minutes. I don't use up the 90 that I get as elite. even when I take long cruises. The free cruise as a Zenith is nice. However, chances of attaining enough points to reach that level is out of sight for me. The more I read about the changes, the more I am confused as to the intent of the new plan. Is it loyalty or is it reward for money spent?

This topic really doesn't apply to me, but I want to be able to give accurate information to my friends who travel alone. I notice that you use the 200% number. Does that mean if a single pays less than 200%, as sometimes offered in an Exciting Deal, they will not receive the double points. Are there any other potential limitations?

It says 200%. Anything less (i.e. Exciting Deal offer @150% or 175%) would not qualify according to Celebrity. Makes perfect sense to me.

Hey if your paying 200% over and above everybody else, double Captain Club points still wouldn't ease the pain much for me.

I would think getting a friend to travel with is still the best way to go.

It says 200%. Anything less (i.e. Exciting Deal offer @150% or 175%) would not qualify according to Celebrity. Makes perfect sense to me.

Very clear to me. Just wanted Celebrity Cruises to come back and mention any fine print details so we wouldn't have to many threads in the future where some claimed that they were "robbed of their points".