Does HAL generally welcome you ?

pmjnh

This is our first cruise with HAL. on our other cruises with Princess and RCCL, we have received "welcome" emails from the companies. We haven't received anything from HAL and it has been about a month since booking (with a TA).

Do they generally send an email out to greet you once you've booked a cruise? Just curious.

Once you are close to sailing, you will get an email (at least we always do).

But we've never received a welcome for booking. Actually I get that as a number probably cancel before final payment maybe?

I was impressed with the welcome emails that Princess sent to us before we sailed and not soon after we booked. I don't remember receiving them from HAL, only emails to remind us that we can book shore excursions.

I was impressed with the welcome emails that Princess sent to us before we sailed and not soon after we booked. I don't remember receiving them from HAL, only emails to remind us that we can book shore excursions.

Us too! I was actually shocked to get this great e-mail from Princess after we booked. They do a very good job of welcoming passengers and links to click on answering pretty much any question you'd think of. I was very impressed too.

I do wish HAL would send something similar. Sorry OP, HAL doesn't, yet.

I have never received a "Welcome" e-mail that was generated by a new booking. I have received an e-mail not too long after booking to remind one to consider add-ons to the booking, i.e. shore excursions, etc.

Embarking aboard a ship of the Holland America Line used to be a very prime experience: a steward would take one's hand luggage, welcome you, and lead you to your stateroom. I remember one time when the steward line was depleted and the Head Steward who was directing the effort, asked me to stop and wait until a Steward arrived, which I did. No more.

The most pleasing "Welcome Aboard" recent experience was aboard Celebrity Eclipse. Upon entry into the ship's foyers after embarking, a Steward presented glasses of Mimosas, OJ, and Sparkling Wine. A classy touch, but given that one is dealing with carry-on luggage at the same time, a bit ackward to manage.

I treasure the welcome we get when we board the ships.

A computer generated welcome e-mail after making a booking doesn't really count much to me.

A smiling steward who remembers me from a cruise two or three years ago means....."I'm Home; I'm on an HAL ship. :)"

Never have gotten a thank you email from Hal for booking a cruise but do get the emails after we get home from a cruise, thanking us.

When you get home - really? We used to get the "Thank you for sailing" one but not for a few years now.

And I though they liked all 5 stars, all the time!

Speaking of the "Thank you for Sailing" email: it had the ZPM promo, book within 60 days and get OBC. Anyone know if this is still available?

When you get home - really? We used to get the "Thank you for sailing" one but not for a few years now.

And I though they liked all 5 stars, all the time!

Speaking of the "Thank you for Sailing" email: it had the ZPM promo, book within 60 days and get OBC. Anyone know if this is still available?

Yes, it is.. :)

I too appreciate the welcome once on board as well, but other ships, such as Crystal and Princess make you feel very welcome also. On Princess we were called twice a day to see if there was anything that we needed and to see if we were enjoying the cruise. Our cabin steward was always within sight during the times posted, and he or someone was only a phone call away when he was not in the hallways. On Crystal, the cabin was prepared the way we had asked the time before with all our preferences already in place. A warm welcome is always a wonderful thing.

Well, I booked Oceania not long ago and I don't recall receiving a welcome aboard. I did have a lot of what would be a lot of HAL PCC's contacting me, but no welcome.

No biggie - I'm waiting for the welcome on board.

I was so impressed on our second HAL cruise last year with our welcome. I know the info is attached to our mariner number but I liked the "welcome home" when we borded the ship, I liked the Maitre D on the first night at any time dining saying: "ahh Mr and Mrs Smith - you like to dine with others" and I absolutely loved on the first full day that the bartender at the Seaview Bar saw me walk towards a lounger and asked me, by name, if I would like my drink of choice - that was without receiving my card first. We have cruised on 3 different lines and love them all for different reasons but HAL made us feel special and that is excellent marketing, IMO.

Mar

We booked a cruise through a TA on HAL on July 30th and I just opened up my e-mail this morning and saw an e-mail from HAL titled "Pre-Cruise Plan: reserve a hotel package and airport transfer". It also included an excursion link.

OP-I hope you have at least received that e-mail?

When we booked with Princess we received an e-mail with "a message from the Captain with greetings from him, with his photo, etc". This e-mail provided indepth information with links, videos, features, amenities, including "get ready" section where you could click on things such as immigration info, air travel, excursions, spa, and on and on. It truly was very impressive (in my opinion) as it covered everything in one e-mail. It was much better than what we have ever received from HAL.

I was thinking of the welcome once you get onboard - the best we ever had was on a Grand Cruise and as we walked through the boarding area the

Rosario Strings were playing with big welcoming smiles on their faces - what a lovely welcome it was - the first and only unfortunately.

I too appreciate the welcome once on board as well, but other ships, such as Crystal and Princess make you feel very welcome also. On Princess we were called twice a day to see if there was anything that we needed and to see if we were enjoying the cruise. Our cabin steward was always within sight during the times posted, and he or someone was only a phone call away when he was not in the hallways. On Crystal, the cabin was prepared the way we had asked the time before with all our preferences already in place. A warm welcome is always a wonderful thing.

A twice a day phone call would have driven me crazy. I know they mean well and some folks like that call but I much prefer to have someone available when I contact them rather than have them possibly wake us if we are sleeping, interrupt if we are watching a movie.... I would find twice a day calls very annoying but I realize we all have our own preferences.

When we had butlers on "X", we used to tip him to stay away. He was more nuisance, for us, than helpful. :o I used to tell them, if I need something I'll call you; otherwise kindly do not call or knock.

Never have gotten a thank you email from Hal for booking a cruise but do get the emails after we get home from a cruise, thanking us.

Good day, not hijacking this thread about HAL, but we've always gotten an email upon booking from NCL,Princess and Royal and also a "Thank you for sailing with ......

Miss the glass of Champagne, or OJ upon arrival on Princess and NCL..nice touches, gone a few years now :-(

Have fun:)