De Facto Dress Code on Cruises Starting in Australia

jan-n-john

Hadn't even considered their Kiwi encounters....lol

It's always fun to ask a Kiwi to say six, six, six :D

If I had a dollar for every time someone in the States told me they loved my accent, I'd be rich. I do however look at them and with a very straight face say 'What accent, it's you guys who have the funny accent'. Most understand it's a joke.

As for the Collingwood guy, you really have to feel sorry for him. Delusional bogans are the worst. GO HAWKS!

Ok, off to finish packing to head to the equal best place in Australia!

Edited by joandian

Thank you jan-n-john for your initial question. I hope you have been able to make sense of all this throughout the thread and that you get to enjoy your trip down-under.

Well, I have understood some, but certainly not all. This thread, not to mention this trip, have been and promise to be a continuing educational experience, and I am looking forward to it with great anticipation.

In thinking back, I now recall that during my time working in Europe (I was with the UN in Geneva) I had two bosses from Australia, not just one as I earlier posted, but neither of them filled me in on any of this. So a big thank you to all who have chimed in.

It might have helped if the OP had told us exactly which cruise and cruiseline they were going to be on, then we would know what level of "undress" to the nines " guidelines they would need to follow.

My guess is the ship will be full of Americans too, and they wont know by looking at the passengers where they come from anyway.;)

It might have helped if the OP had told us exactly which cruise and cruiseline they were going to be on, then we would know what level of "undress" to the nines " guidelines they would need to follow.

My guess is the ship will be full of Americans too, and they wont know by looking at the passengers where they come from anyway.;)

Except they did say in Aqua so won't need formal for MDR so that narrows it a fair bit, I think to maybe even 1 ship.

You certainly won't be able to tell me apart, by the nice clobber I am wearing on formal night, from the Yanks and Poms.

The only slight giveaway for the really observant OS passengers might be the zinc on my nose and the corks in my hat.

By the way.

Is it OK to wear my brown felt hat to formal night or will I need a black one with a satin band?

If so does anyone know where you can get black corks?

You certainly won't be able to tell me apart, by the nice clobber I am wearing on formal night, from the Yanks and Poms.

The only slight giveaway for the really observant OS passengers might be the zinc on my nose and the corks in my hat.

By the way.

Is it OK to wear my brown felt hat to formal night or will I need a black one with a satin band?

If so does anyone know where you can get black corks?

I wear my brown leather hat but t's so worn n places that it looks black.

The best thing for your corks is to hold them over the fire for a while, just under the Billy is best.

I wear my brown leather hat but t's so worn n places that it looks black.

The best thing for your corks is to hold them over the fire for a while, just under the Billy is best.

Thanks GUT. CC is my go to for info. Great idea. I'm thinkin' I'll just put my corks in the fire with the damper and they will end up black like the damper crust.

Thanks GUT. CC is my go to for info. Great idea. I'm thinkin' I'll just put my corks in the fire with the damper and they will end up black like the damper crust.

Can I can damper, ships out of Aus should serve Aus food, damper, lamo's, mystery bags, maggot bags, snot blocks, pav and of course lashings of dead horse to on it. Toohey's black by the schoony.

Can I can damper, ships out of Aus should serve Aus food, damper, lamo's, mystery bags, maggot bags, snot blocks, pav and of course lashings of dead horse to on it. Toohey's black by the schoony.

doesn't sound like it would appease the Sheila's though..:eek:

Except they did say in Aqua so won't need formal for MDR so that narrows it a fair bit, I think to maybe even 1 ship.

even so, they need to dress PROPER..I take this below to mean better dressed than what you would wear to a normal dining room,on a normal night ( ie..smart casual)

The dress code in Celebrity’s special restaurants, including Blu, is “Smart Casual & Above

for every night of the cruise, regardless of the evening dress code in the main restaurant.

so no corks for you. !!

Edited by jannandjohn

It is a Celebrity thread so that narrows doewn which line they are likely to be on, you may be right about the cruise although I suspect it is out of and around Australia on the Solstice (due to having Aqua/Blu).:D

Edited by MicCanberra

It is a Celebrity thread so that narrows doewn which line they are likely to be on, you may be right about the cruise although I suspect it is out of and around Australia on the Solstice (due to having Aqua/Blu).:D

i think it is Sydney to Honolulu on the Solstice..and on to Vancouver

so, if it is..it will be full of people going home to The USA........

Gee I hope they dress properly..they might embarrass us.

Edited by jannandjohn

And to the person above who equated bogan with redneck, yes, I live in deep redneck country (Western NC). Could this have anything to do with why we enjoy getting away and cruising so much?

Well, bless your heart.

if its this one, i can only see mainly USA locations in the posters location box

so all of our answers were not needed...its just a "NORMAL" cruise lol

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1849128

CC is much bigger in the US than here in Australia and even there perhaps only 10% max of the pax will be CC members.

Last Trans Pacific I did, the leg to Hawaii had 130 Aussies and 2300 US pax (out of 2800) with around 130 CC members. The next leg had 1300 Aussies and around 600 US with around 60 CC members.

My point is that the cruise may still have lots of Aussies on board.:D

even so, they need to dress PROPER..I take this below to mean better dressed than what you would wear to a normal dining room,on a normal night ( ie..smart casual)

The dress code in Celebrity’s special restaurants, including Blu, is “Smart Casual & Above

for every night of the cruise, regardless of the evening dress code in the main restaurant.

so no corks for you. !!

Corks with bling would work. Break out the Bedazzler!

But if there's no Corks what do I do about the blowies?

The old plastic bottle trick with honey inside might work. Wonder if it could be adapted for personal use. Maybe worn as a pendant on a leather strap?

Feom - San Francisco waiting for my delayed flight to Sydney!