De Facto Dress Code on Cruises Starting in Australia

jan-n-john

Isn't that 'state' called Bondi?

Well at one stage Sydney had something lke the 5th highest number of our cousins of any city on earth, but who can blame 'em where would you rather live Aus of NZ.

Having said that if I had to move from Aus I'd probably go to NZ.

I'll bight what's a Tui Billboard?

A Tui billboard is a large roadside sign that on one side contains an outrageous statement and on the right the expression "Yeah right". The sign is sponsored by a NZ brewery and some of the comments have become icons.

I can see the new reality show, 'Love Boat meets Pim* my Ride'.:rolleyes:

CBS have cancelled plans for the spin-off series, 'CSI: Rayleigh NC' stating that a forensics based show would not work in a state where the typical crime scene contains all the same DNA and no dental records.

A Tui billboard is a large roadside sign that on one side contains an outrageous statement and on the right the expression "Yeah right". The sign is sponsored by a NZ brewery and some of the comments have become icons.

Thanks mate.

CBS have cancelled plans for the spin-off series, 'CSI: Rayleigh NC' stating that a forensics based show would not work in a state where the typical crime scene contains all the same DNA and no dental records.

That rules out Tassie

Good one :D

OK. Those are hilarious. As a native, born and bred, I'm allowed to insult my fellow Tar Heels.

The funniest one is about being terrified of Asheviile, also known as San Francisco East.

Yes, my representative is Gerry Mander, and that weed guy looks mighty familiar.

Indeed, I plan to share this with my Facebook family, many who won't recognize themselves.

LOl, very funny.:D

But back to the fun of poor taste Aussies because we have no class.

Well that can be solved by paying extra to go to Aqua or Concierge. Us Kiwis will be in steerage hoping we can grab a lift on a scooter to dinner

I'll be happy to wander down from my trailer park suite on my properly pim*ed scooter to give you a lift. But only if you'll help me fight my way through the mobs of folks at the lifts who are exceptionally adept at overlooking us freakishly fat Americans who are just too dang lazy to walk, bless their hearts.

We are quite an informal bunch down under but you'll find that relates to how we mix with people. You will find bogans and you will find people who know how to dress. And we take jackets even on all long haul flights which include all cruises except from those starting in Australia.

As noted in the live/blog below, we got off of the Solstice in February after our 14-day Australia to NZ cruise. No problems or challenges in any way with folks being dressed "wrong". All went well for us and the six other couples from Central Ohio on this "adventure". To be honest, we were kind of busy enjoying the various port stops, plus the activities on the ship, with our group. Didn't have that much time to get into the mental state of playing "Fashion Police."

Loved the wonderful folks from both of these great, scenic countries. Also enjoyed the elements of "fun" and competition on this thread. Brings back nice memories from our fun trip down under.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 71,378 views for this fun posting.

Terry if no one was dressed wrong on a "formal night" half the treads on Cruise Critic would disappear overnight. Heaven forbid that someone may find a solution to controversay.

el344 are trailer park suites somewhere between concierge and Aqua or are they more commonly called parking lots?

Terry if no one was dressed wrong on a "formal night" half the treads on Cruise Critic would disappear overnight. Heaven forbid that someone may find a solution to controversy.

To be totally honest, my "standard" for what is right or wrong on "formal nights" is fairly loose, reasonable and flexible. Not all would share my viewpoint. Personally, I have more important things to worry about and upon which to focus my attention.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at over 180,000 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

There is a difference between being dressed formally and tastefully.

A funeral director or a Las Vegas showgirl both are dressed formally but not necessarily tastefully.

Maybe diners should be judged by a committee like on Project Runway to see if they will be allowed access to the MDR?

The loser walks the plank.

Cruise ships are perhaps the last bastion of the truly cultured, we who consider PROPER clothing at dinner to be the mark of a LADY or a TRUE GENTLEMAN.

MARK MY WORDS...these declining standards of civilized behavior WILL have consequences. Don't complain to ME when you ultimately find yourself surrounded by the slovenly dressed at a dinner that will be completely RUINED by their mere presence.

Don't be surprised when these... these commoners, are allowed to freely mingle with the rest of us...

DOGS AND CATS...LIVING TOGETHER...MASS HYSTERIA!!! :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Not a pretty picture of dogs and cats . . . living together . . . in mass hysteria!!?? Plus, ALL of those "commoners"!!

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 180,337 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Seeing as the moderators don't like everyday aussie slang I will make my post more PC.

Anyone who thinks someone else is not dressed well enough to eat in the same room as them is an "owner operator".

And apologies to Terry (TLCOhio). I bet that is the first time you have ever had one of your posts deleted:)

Seeing as the moderators don't like everyday aussie slang I will make my post more PC.

Anyone who thinks someone else is not dressed well enough to eat in the same room as them is an "owner operator".

And apologies to Terry (TLCOhio). I bet that is the first time you have ever had one of your posts deleted:)

I love your political correct version. I'll have to remember that and yes, I totally agree.