De Facto Dress Code on Cruises Starting in Australia

jan-n-john

I was always under the impression that "there were no flies on Australians" so why the need of a floppy hat and corks.

It's because of the corks that there's no flies on Aussies, well our faces anyway.

Thanks for that, I was aware of the folklore but for some reason thought he was Canadian. I have learnt something new again.:D

Paul Bunyan was definitely American... You can find statues of him in many upstate locations (and Blu his bull) around the Great Lakes.

Perhaps you are thinking of a similar Canadian character (also based on a real person) known as Big Joe "Mufferaw"...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Joe_Mufferaw

A larger than life legend who was made famous in Stompin Tom's song of the same name

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Joe_Mufferaw_(song)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... Johnny Appleseed was also a real person... But again an American

Just did a google search and found this as the first link when I typed 'Paul Bunyan'. http://paulbunyanscenicbyway.org/The_Real_Story_of_Paul_Bunyan

A bit of a mystery as to where it really started then.:D

Paul Bunyan was definitely American... You can find statues of him in many upstate locations (and Blu his bull) around the Great Lakes.

Perhaps you are thinking of a similar Canadian character (also based on a real person) known as Big Joe "Mufferaw"...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Joe_Mufferaw

A larger than life legend who was made famous in Stompin Tom's song of the same name

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Joe_Mufferaw_(song)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... Johnny Appleseed was also a real person... But again an American

Are you really, really sure, he was American, seems to me to be a bit of a mystery.:confused:

I don't care where they came from. What I want to know is what did Paul, Johnny and Big Joe wear on formal night.

Surely a couple of those Zeniths have dined with them.

"Bogan Formal" is my guess

I don't care where they came from. What I want to know is what did Paul, Johnny and Big Joe wear on formal night.

Surely a couple of those Zeniths have dined with them.

Pauls wife wasn't sure about the dress code, so she followed the lead of the Aussies on the ship..they knew what would be suitable.:rolleyes:

VwnGjD.jpg

Edited by jannandjohn

Too many porky pies in the one thread!!!!! You lot are going to stretch the OP's leg from all the action!!!:D Wonder how many lurkers are having a captain cook or a durrie but not game to post??!!! ;)

Maybe they're out whoop whoop having a fag.

Or off with some hot shiela.

Edited by GUT2407

Too many porky pies in the one thread!!!!! You lot are going to stretch the OP's leg from all the action!!!:D Wonder how many lurkers are having a captain cook or a durrie but not game to post??!!! ;)

The OP started it ...

by hinting that Aussies were from "no idea how to dress" Land.:p

Pauls wife wasn't sure about the dress code, so she followed the lead of the Aussies on the ship..they knew what would be suitable.:rolleyes:

VwnGjD.jpg

My goodness she is attractive dressed like that, Captain's table wear and all.:rolleyes:

My goodness she is attractive dressed like that, Captain's table wear and all.:rolleyes:

And the usual question us poor shopping deprived Aussies have. Where can we buy this outfit? It doesn't sell here.

Any self respecting Bogan wouldn't be seen dead in that :D. For starters, where's the Uggs?

And not those short ankle length slipper-Uggs. Proper long Uggs with the jeans tucked in for a the appropriate kind of formal elegance.

And not those short ankle length slipper-Uggs. Proper long Uggs with the jeans tucked in for a the appropriate kind of formal elegance.

Personally I like the calf length Uggies with stubbies, so so classy.

Okay - I'll admit it... I've 'lurked' on this thread right from the beginning. Have to say I was sorely tempted to respond to the OP with a pithy comment but thought 'nah' leave it to the Aussies, their sense of humour will sort out what seems like (unintentionally I'm sure) a condescending and arrogant question. We truly are divided by a common language! :D

Okay - I'll admit it... I've 'lurked' on this thread right from the beginning. Have to say I was sorely tempted to respond to the OP with a pithy comment but thought 'nah' leave it to the Aussies, their sense of humour will sort out what seems like (unintentionally I'm sure) a condescending and arrogant question. We truly are divided by a common language! :D

LOl, but have you learnt anything yet?:p

C'mon!! I'm a Neighbours addict so well up with the lingo!! Our son who lives in Oz despairs of me as I insist on watching it even when we're there. He makes sure no one visits him while I'm watching it - he says he couldn't live with the shame if anyone found out!

I find this offensive - maybe this was meant to be funny ? - but to post a photo of another person in this light is demeaning,I would have thought. This thread started out as funny! - now terrible in my view.

Time to stop now!