De Facto Dress Code on Cruises Starting in Australia

jan-n-john

Well wouldn't be real couth to wear uggies in summer would it?

Well they can be effective by soaking up all that nasty foot sweat and any one doing so helps solve the blowy problem as they will be on the Uggs leaving everyone else alone.

I find this offensive - maybe this was meant to be funny ? - but to post a photo of another person in this light is demeaning,I would have thought. This thread started out as funny! - now terrible in my view.

Time to stop now!

As I didn't post it, I do not know what the original intention was but would assume it was for satirical laughs. In any case, I think it was funny and I commented as such.

I am sorry you are offended, so please stop reading further as I do not know how much more (possibly offensive to you) material people may post, have a good day.:D

But like I posted, we aren't able to buy such kit in Australia. But thinking more about it, it seems it has been assumed that person's nationality is .... Where exactly? It wasn't stated when the picture was posted. Except not being Australian. But now, you have labelled her as Australian so why is it ok for you to identify her as such when no one else has described her citizenship - just her outfit.

I think also that once someone is in public then their image is legally allowed to be posted anywhere.

Edited by Pushka
z

Outfits like the lady is wearing are readily available in the Ticky Tacky tourist shops of the Gold Coast and I am pretty sure I saw people wearing similar outfits when I was there a couple of weeks ago. I would say however that I think that this outfit is really smart casual, but if she put on rubber gloves, well ................ that's another matter

Okay - I'll admit it... I've 'lurked' on this thread right from the beginning. Have to say I was sorely tempted to respond to the OP with a pithy comment but thought 'nah' leave it to the Aussies, their sense of humour will sort out what seems like (unintentionally I'm sure) a condescending and arrogant question. We truly are divided by a common language! :D

Harrumph. The OP, bless his heart, is looking forward to visiting Australia, while making a snarky comment, expressing an eagerness to escape the place he lives, deep in the redneck country that is Western North Carolina.

I'll have you know, we are quite au courant here. For dressy occasions, classy men wear dress shirts and ties with their overhauls, and the women wear heels with their clogging attire , or blingy tops with their polyester stretch pants.

We'uns got couth.

As I didn't post it, I do not know what the original intention was but would assume it was for satirical laughs. In any case, I think it was funny and I commented as such.

.:D

I googled "funny cruise formal attire" and got that image..its on the public w.w.w of funny photos, so it was already "out there".

And actually think it was an American outfit.( probably a Carnival ship)

I googled "funny cruise formal attire" and got that image..its on the public w.w.w of funny photos, so it was already "out there".

And actually think it was an American outfit.( probably a Carnival ship)

Well I thought it was funny, rather ironic to have that as formal wear. I wonder if a pichachu onsie with a jacket, would be allowed in?:eek:

Edited by MicCanberra

I'm sure the written code is no different, but I also understand the Aussies, bless their hearts, are a highly informal people some of whom may consider recently-pressed shorts for men to qualify as "formal." ;)

LMAO. We never book a guarantee cabin when we sail out of the states as we don't want to get stuck down the trailer park section and fight our way through all those mobility scooters.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/katie-herzog/2013/07/38-signs-you-are-from-north-carolina/

LMAO. We never book a guarantee cabin when we sail out of the states as we don't want to get stuck down the trailer park section and fight our way through all those mobility scooters.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/katie-herzog/2013/07/38-signs-you-are-from-north-carolina/

Thats what I call pay back....love it!!

Edited by jannandjohn

Are we antipodeans now supposed to have mobility scooters to take us to formal functions? Are mobility scooters the new limos?

Are we antipodeans now supposed to have mobility scooters to take us to formal functions? Are mobility scooters the new limos?

Mike, you havent done a cruise yet, so you are in for a treat!

We dont have as many of those on cruises leaving Oz or NZ( hardly any at all) but on a ship leaving the US, its amazing how many there are...and they will not let you get past them..:confused:..its like their right of passage.

I feel for those that cant walk because they cant walk...but most are just soooo overweight that they cant walk.

Edited by jannandjohn

I can see the new reality show, 'Love Boat meets Pim* my Ride'.:rolleyes:

Edited by MicCanberra

Mike, you havent done a cruise yet, so you are in for a treat!

We dont have as many of those on cruises leaving Oz or NZ( hardly any at all) but on a ship leaving the US, its amazing how many there are...and they will not let you get past them..:confused:..its like their right of passage.

I feel for those that cant walk because they cant walk...but most are just soooo overweight that they cant walk.

G'day Jannandjohn

Having just spent 5 years in a wheelchair please remember some are overweight because they are in a scooter, when you loose your mobility it can be bloody hard to keep you weight down. Now I'm regaining some mobility the weight has fallen off.

But back to the fun of poor taste Aussies because we have no class.

Well that can be solved by paying extra to go to Aqua or Concierge. Us Kiwis will be in steerage hoping we can grab a lift on a scooter to dinner

Well that can be solved by paying extra to go to Aqua or Concierge. Us Kiwis will be in steerage hoping we can grab a lift on a scooter to dinner

no No NO

K1W1's fall into the same category as Aussies, indeed the Constituton of Aus made provision for NZ to join as a State if they so chose.

no No NO

K1W1's fall into the same category as Aussies, indeed the Constituton of Aus made provision for NZ to join as a State if they so chose.

NZ becoming a State of Australia - I can feel a Tui billboard coming on