Bermuda in August

Life happened to us, we had to cancel our July Bermuda cruise, and we just booked the same itinerary for the August 23rd sailing on the Explorer of the Seas.

Anyone that has done Bermuda in August, please help me out with what your experience was in terms of weather, and the seas going out. THanks in advance

August weather could be perfect for Bermuda but who really can answer a future weather question?

However crossing the Gulf Stream there & back can be bumpy even if the weather looks perfect.

Your very right, no one can answer future weather questions.

Asking previous August travelers to Bermuda was my target. Having been during that month, and personal August experience, would be helpful for us.

But I hope your right, perfect weather would be appreciated! :)

I have gone in May, June, a few times in July, August. May was the nicest for walking around weather. June, July & August better for the beach. It is usually hot and humid, a few rainstorms that came and went quickly in July/August. Roughest seas were very end of July/August. But you can't predict. We had seas like glass going out on our July 12 cruise.

Edited by marci22

Life happened to us, we had to cancel our July Bermuda cruise, and we just booked the same itinerary for the August 23rd sailing on the Explorer of the Seas.

Anyone that has done Bermuda in August, please help me out with what your experience was in terms of weather, and the seas going out. THanks in advance

Sailing next week and have sailed three times in August. The weather when we sailed was hot and no rain. However, it is possible to hit a rainy period. I cannot image July's weather being different.

Enjoy your cruise.

My girls and I were on the Explorer last year in the middle of August. In fact it was right before school started here in Southern MD.

We had very calm seas and beautiful weather during the whole cruise. Bermuda was picture perfect as was the rest of the ports. The ocean water was a perfect temperature in Bermuda.

Have fun and enjoy your trip.

Sue

See the ave temp chart attached. August has the peak temp season for air and water. . It stays very warm thru October. The biggest difference between July and August is - the later you go the less amount of daylight you will have (shorter days). I've been there 5 times and it is always great - regardless of the weather. Enjoy!

Capture.jpg.f7748b2a5492018def0118e455663475.jpg

My DH and I just returned from a five night stay at a Bermuda resort.

It was warm,mid eighties- and somewhat humid.

There was always a nice breeze and one day of rain showers.

I would expect August weather to be similar.

We love Bermuda,having been there ten times over thirty years with a combo of cruise stops and resort stays.

Enjoy this lovely island!l

We were in Bermuda late August last year. The seas were very calm and it was hot. Great for the beaches. It was very warm walking around in Hamilton so we made that a short trip and got back to the ocean breezes. Enjoy your cruise!

Your very right, no one can answer future weather questions.

Asking previous August travelers to Bermuda was my target. Having been during that month, and personal August experience, would be helpful for us.

But I hope your right, perfect weather would be appreciated! :)

Not sure why peoples' past experiences would help you since they, in no way will predict what you might encounter on a future trip. It is likely that many will recount the great, warm weather they experienced but perhaps an equal number will recall the wet and windy days they spent either in Bermuda or on the way to or from the island. Best to resign yourself to accepting whatever weather you might encounter whether it be hot and humid or cool and rainy or a combination of both. We can't control things like the weather and can only prepare for the most likely eventualities. I'd suggest concentrating on those things that you can control and decide to make the best of whatever you encounter.

Not sure why peoples' past experiences would help you since they, in no way will predict what you might encounter on a future trip. It is likely that many will recount the great, warm weather they experienced but perhaps an equal number will recall the wet and windy days they spent either in Bermuda or on the way to or from the island. Best to resign yourself to accepting whatever weather you might encounter whether it be hot and humid or cool and rainy or a combination of both. We can't control things like the weather and can only prepare for the most likely eventualities. I'd suggest concentrating on those things that you can control and decide to make the best of whatever you encounter.

Well it does give you a general idea. That being said, you can have calm seas or horrible storms from week to week. ymmv

I have gone in May, June, a few times in July, August. May was the nicest for walking around weather. June, July & August better for the beach. It is usually hot and humid, a few rainstorms that came and went quickly in July/August. Roughest seas were very end of July/August. But you can't predict. We had seas like glass going out on our July 12 cruise.

Awesome, thanks! We were also booked for the July 12th cruise.

Sailing next week and have sailed three times in August. The weather when we sailed was hot and no rain. However, it is possible to hit a rainy period. I cannot image July's weather being different.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for sharing your experiences!

My girls and I were on the Explorer last year in the middle of August. In fact it was right before school started here in Southern MD.

We had very calm seas and beautiful weather during the whole cruise. Bermuda was picture perfect as was the rest of the ports. The ocean water was a perfect temperature in Bermuda.

Have fun and enjoy your trip.

Sue

That's exactly what we're hoping for, nice weather and warm water. Thanks for sharing.

See the ave temp chart attached. August has the peak temp season for air and water. . It stays very warm thru October. The biggest difference between July and August is - the later you go the less amount of daylight you will have (shorter days). I've been there 5 times and it is always great - regardless of the weather. Enjoy!

That was more then helpful, thanks.

My DH and I just returned from a five night stay at a Bermuda resort.

It was warm,mid eighties- and somewhat humid.

There was always a nice breeze and one day of rain showers.

I would expect August weather to be similar.

We love Bermuda,having been there ten times over thirty years with a combo of cruise stops and resort stays.

Enjoy this lovely island!l

Wow, you all really enjoy Bermuda! We are really hoping to be able to enjoy every aspect of the island. Thank you.