Return Flight At End of Cruise

grredmond

Yes, for the most part that is more than a safe amount of time. Getting through customs in Fort Lauderdale can be a little time consuming, maybe 1 hour. The airport is very close to the cruise port and an easy taxi ride. You should have no trouble.

Bon Voyage!

First cruise with Celebrity out of Ft. Lauderale in January. Would a 2:30 flight back home be safe if we are scheduled to be in port by 8 A.M.?:)

As you will need to be off the ship by about 9:30 at the latest, this will allow more than enough time and in fact will likely have you waiting at the airport for a while for your flight. Probably plan on lunch there while you are waiting.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The cruise lines always recommend that you don't book a flight any earlier than 12:00 to allow for any delays in arrival or ship's clearance.

We have been at the FLL airport as early as about 9:30 and then faced a big security lineup. We now book a flight noon or early afternoon, and if we get there early and can go standby on an earlier flight - we do. Otherwise, we'll just have the last leisurely meal before heading home to do laundry!

The port and the airport are VERY close to each other. Not to worry. I have an 11;30 am flight from FLL to LAX in Nov. I have been assured many times I will be fine.

HOWEVER:

We are coming back on a Fri and only one other ship in port going thru customs. Check to see what other ships are going to be there.

If you are coming back on a Sat with the Oasis or Allure in port, and other ships, customs will take a few hours.

Definitely check with guest services very early in your cruise (day 1) to see if you can use the luggage valet service. At the Fort Lauderdale airport, you cannot check your bags until 2 hours prior to your flight.

On our very first cruise we got to the airport much earlier than we expected an ended up sitting on the floor with all of our luggage in a very crowded check-in area for hours before we could check our luggage and go find some lunch (there was nothing but a convenience store in the terminal we were departing from).

Last cruise, we used luggage valet and did not see our bags from the time that we out them outside our door until we picked them up on the carousel after our flight!

Our boarding passes were delivered with our luggage tags so we did not have to worry about checking in and we did not have the hassle of claiming luggage in the cruise terminal, we were able to go directly to customs. It made disembarkation much less stressful! Well worth the small fee!

I've used luggage valet for the last several cruises and intend to use it on my cruise next week. We're on Allure so will have to deal with Fort Lauderdale airport (I've always hated security at FLL). We have a 12:30 flight home so I'm not concerned, and you shouldn't be either.

It's only about a 15 minute ride from the port to the airport.

You'll be fine! And luggage valet is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You put your luggage out f your cabin the night prior to disembarkation and you don't see or touch it until it's on the carousel at your home airport.