Tipping

jcool

I have never had to wait very long for a refund. I have been surprised, but any refund that I have ever asked for has been posted in a matter of days.

I think that is the exception with all our new technology.

I never have to wait more than a few days for any refund to post. I still hear the spiel about it it "taking up to two billing cycles to post."

Dawn

I have cruised with RCCL twice but has been 18 years ago and this November. The agent is telling me we will pay our tips per day per person. Can I just pay it all up front??

If you want to pay your gratuities upfront, just tell your travel agent to DO IT.

Also, any cancellation after final payment - all port fees/taxes and gratuities will automatically be refunded to you.

I have cruised with RCCL twice but has been 18 years ago and this November. The agent is telling me we will pay our tips per day per person. Can I just pay it all up front??

Sure.

Do you have any OBC (on board credit) coming to you? If so, it may be better to pay your gratuities on your SeaPass account, and let the OBC cover them.

:)

yes but it's always more of a hassle to get a refund then just wait and pay when you sail. They can take up to 3 cycles on your credit card to get a refund.

Any refund resulting from a cancellation has appeared on our credit card within 5 days.

No I do not :/ Also,

RCCL could not find my previous cruise from many years ago and after opening a very old box, I found my old seapass. So after faxing them a copy they placed me in gold status.

That's really great!

If you wish to prepay your gratuities, you certainly can do that. Otherwise, your onboard account will be charged the same rate per person per day.

Yes, they can be paid in advance. When your TA says "pay the tips per person per day " you are not actually handing money over every day. Every day there will be a charge posted to your account.

If you prefer to have most everything paid before you cruise, then pay them up front. If you have any type of cabin credit that you think you will not use, then wait and have the tips charged to your account . If you prefer to pay them in advance, just contact your agent.

Either way is seamless and painless.

Enjoy.

M

Thanks everyone for your help.

Shirleygallego 60 after what cruznooze said I would hold on to the money because if you need to cancel it more likely you need the money then not in 3 cycles. I had a nightmare with one cruise line I brought on broad credit and lost that money and no it was not with Royal c.